Meijer - Buy 1, Get 1 50% off - All games

pistonfan

CAGiversary!
Meijer B&M (A Midwest Retailer) has a Friday & Saturday sale. The flyer says "buy any video game software, get 2nd of equal or lesser value at 50% off - While 300,000 last chainwide - No coupon needed - No rainchecks, substitutions, or layaway". The sale starts 6/18 at 6 am and lasts until 6/19 6am.

Interesting, problem is... last time I was in Meijer their games had some ridiculous prices. However a 1/2 off sale is worth a look. Any idea if some of the games might be marked wrong, I've always wondered that about Meijer, Walmart and Kmart, as that's a typical practice for Target clearance games and CC's.

PS: GO PISTONS!!!

last time they had this sale it was for clamshelled games only it was a like fast fall or summer but this might be for all that would be sweet thanks for the heads up

I checked it out at Meijer.com, it's for all games, only problem is the selection still. I really wonder if any of their games are marked wrong, or if Meijer just doesn't celebrate changing prices and then ends up clearancing everything off years later like with all their ps1 games.

I work at meijer and half the time the game are marked incorrectly. I printed a nice list of games marked down last week they range from FFXl for $88.72,enter the matrix $14.92,metal arms $15.88,etc.. they still have fzero for GC marked 49.99, it is really 19.99!

Meijer's almost always defaults to the sticker tag no matter what it rings up. YMMV of cousre. So unless you find someone who had a messed up tag gun what you see is what you get. Locally there sales are not much and very rarely dual so you prettty much imagine any new game is 50 or 37.50 each when you buy 2 under this deal. So not bad for brand new releases. Good luck all. Oh and every meijer store there is for one fry's in the chicago indiana area.

[quote name='js1']I work at meijer and half the time the game are marked incorrectly. I printed a nice list of games marked down last week they range from FFXl for $88.72,enter the matrix $14.92,metal arms $15.88,etc.. they still have fzero for GC marked 49.99, it is really 19.99![/quote]

Hmm by any chance could you share what games that are marked wrong/down are on this list, especially the gc games, I'd appreciate it very much.

[quote name='murcielago77']sounds interesting but i have no freakin idea what a meijer looks like feels like or smells like[/quote]

Picture Walmart, but bigger and less hick infested, or a Super Kmart if you're more familiar with those.

[quote name='dingly']what does B&M mean?[/quote]

Brick and mortar. Means you have to into the store to get the deal, not the website.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='murcielago77']sounds interesting but i have no freakin idea what a meijer looks like feels like or smells like[/quote]

Picture Walmart, but bigger and less hick infested, or a Super Kmart if you're more familiar with those.[/quote]

The Thrifty Acres

or am I the only person here old enough to remember those commercials?

[quote name='jasonditz'][quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='murcielago77']sounds interesting but i have no freakin idea what a meijer looks like feels like or smells like[/quote]

Picture Walmart, but bigger and less hick infested, or a Super Kmart if you're more familiar with those.[/quote]

The Thrifty Acres

or am I the only person here old enough to remember those commercials?[/quote]

My dad used to always call them shifty acres

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Interesting, problem is... last time I was in Meijer their games had some ridiculous prices. However a 1/2 off sale is worth a look. Any idea if some of the games might be marked wrong, I've always wondered that about Meijer, Walmart and Kmart, as that's a typical practice for Target clearance games and CC's.

PS: GO PISTONS!!![/quote]
Go Pistons?????
You know they won the proper way would have been
PS: PISTONS RULE OR LAKERS SUCK
maybe next time man

Meijer's is similar to SuperK, except with much more emphasis on foodstuffs... and really nothing like Walmart. Atleast the couple dozen I've seen.

I used to work at Meijer...it's definitely like Wal-Mart, except each store tends to be MUCH cleaner. As far as I know, all of them are open 24 hours (and were actually that way before Wal-Mart started doing that everywhere). The prices are also higher. Their gimmick is to put four or five really good deals in the Sunday ad and then make up the difference in everything else they sell.

I might go check the deal out, but I don't know if it's good enough to warrant the trip.

I have a couple of Meijer's near me. They are like a one-stop store. They are about the size of 3 Targets (I think most people have been in a Target). 1/3 of the store is grocery, I think this is where they make most of their $. The other 2/3 has clothes, toys, hardware, electronics, pharmacy, and the rest of the usual things. They're open 24 hours as AlanSaysYo said and usually have all the new stuff when it ships. As for videogames, the Meijer's near me are usually behind in game price drops, but like a CC clearance, have them scan it.

I didn't think I was that old, but I do remember hearing Meijer called The Thrifty Acres.

[quote name='yeahokthenfu'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']Interesting, problem is... last time I was in Meijer their games had some ridiculous prices. However a 1/2 off sale is worth a look. Any idea if some of the games might be marked wrong, I've always wondered that about Meijer, Walmart and Kmart, as that's a typical practice for Target clearance games and CC's.

PS: GO PISTONS!!![/quote]
Go Pistons?????
You know they won the proper way would have been
PS: PISTONS RULE OR LAKERS SUCK
maybe next time man[/quote]

Thanks for pointing that out, sorry I don't know how to properly cheer for the team I've been supporting the past 16 years... dumbass

[quote="Zenithian Legend

Hmm by any chance could you share what games that are marked wrong/down are on this list, especially the gc games, I'd appreciate it very much.[/quote]

There are not many GC game on the list., ncaa football 2004,19.92 ,ssx3 19.92, crash wrath of cortex 19.84,crazy taxi 9.84 , LOW 2 9.84, wave race 24.48,18 wheeler 9.87 that's pretty much it...

Went to Meijer, saw most of those games you mentioned plus Legends of Wrestling II for $9.88 and Eternal Darkness marked at $24.84. I'm tempted just to get LoWII as $10 is a pretty good price on that. I'd also like to get ED, but I've seen it for $20 at CC before, so the $25 price kind of ruins the deal, unless it's marked wrong. Do you know if the games marked down will continue to drop in price, cuz they had quite a few copies of ED.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Went to Meijer, saw most of those games you mentioned plus Legends of Wrestling II for $9.88 and Eternal Darkness marked at $24.84. I'm tempted just to get LoWII as $10 is a pretty good price on that. I'd also like to get ED, but I've seen it for $20 at CC before, so the $25 price kind of ruins the deal, unless it's marked wrong. Do you know if the games marked down will continue to drop in price, cuz they had quite a few copies of ED.[/quote]

don't go buy the marked price on any except the newer ones, always scan the at the PC or have the cashier do it, that's how I found some of the game not marked right.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']I used to work at Meijer...it's definitely like Wal-Mart, except each store tends to be MUCH cleaner. As far as I know, all of them are open 24 hours (and were actually that way before Wal-Mart started doing that everywhere).[/quote]

My local walmart closes at 10 there is one like 20 miles north that is open 20 hours a day figure that out and I live in a big city

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='murcielago77']sounds interesting but i have no freakin idea what a meijer looks like feels like or smells like[/quote]

I was just going to say picture wal-mart but dirtier and full of poorer people.

[quote name='rile0161'][quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='murcielago77']sounds interesting but i have no freakin idea what a meijer looks like feels like or smells like[/quote]

I was just going to say picture wal-mart but dirtier and full of poorer people.[/quote]

That probably just has to do with your part of town more than anything.
There are very few places that are dirty around my area.. save maybe the Kmart that has drained the life from the entire plaza around it, and is the only thing remaining that keeps that plaza from being bulldozed and having new stores put on the land.

bread's done
Back