Meijer Buy 1 Video Game Software 29.99 or less get 1 for $1

VerbalKint

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Long time viewer, first time poster in the deals section. Be gentle. Looked around and didn't see this deal posted here yet.

Was checking the Mejier weekly ad and under the Video Games section is says they are running a special on 7/18 and 7/19
Buy One Video Game (its actually misspelled Video Fame on the site) at 29.99 and get one of equal or lesser value for $1.
Here is the link to the site in my area
http://www2.meijer.com/ads/default.aspx?sid=48

The deal is posted on another site I visit so I'm guessing this is chain wide based.

Well, I gave Meijer another shot and stopped in before work and scored Civilization and Ninja Gaiden for DS for $29.98 out the door.

Picked up Persona 3: FES (PS2) and Assassin's Creed (PS3) from the Meijer's in North Muskegon, MI for $29.67. Apparently games ARE 10% off even though this isn't displayed anywhere I could see in store. The PS2 selection was horrid other than Persona 3 (~6 copies of this game left btw), so picked up Assassin's Creed and will hopefully do a trade with a buddy at work for something I can actually play (don't have a PS3 yet =/).

There are two other Meijer stores in Muskegon I can check tomorrow, hopefully they have a better selection of PS2 games.

Pretty much buy ps3 titles at the moment as there is really nothing on the 360 i dont have. I try not to cross contaminate as if both consoles have the same game, i go with the 360 version as it has the achievements. This time I pulled the plug and picked up not only 1 orange box but 2. Not trying to hoard but there was nothing else on the ps3 side at 29.99 or less. I have a friend with a ps3 so this would be a good gift.

On another note, it seems the guitar hero deal is extremely good but i already have too many guitars and again I try not to cross contaminate PS3 titles and 360 titles.

Good luck on scoring this great deal

[quote name='rvdnsx']Got the local Wal-Mart in Rolling Meadows, IL accross the street from Meijer to PM. I was gonna pick up 4 games but they only let me do 2 since it was such a drastic price difference. Wal-Mart had a better selection of games anyway so I got F1 Formula One Racing for the PS3 and Grand Theft Auto - The Trilogy for PS2 so a total of 4 games for $34 and change. So try your local Walmart, as always YMMV.[/quote]

That's the meijer I hit up!!!!

Picked up Bully and Trauma Center 2, then went back and got Apollo Justice and a game for someone else. Thanks for the heads-up, OP. :)

[quote name='snatcher33']I'm so glad to have 2 Meijers close to me. It seems they have been having the great deals lately.[/quote]

What did you buy?

I picked up simpsons and twisted metal head on for $20 total. I also got a $4 off $70 coupon that printed, so I might buy a guitar hero 3 if I can find one since someone(s) cleaned out all the PS2 and Ps3 versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP, I completely missed seeing this in the ad.

Today I got The Orange Box and Assassin's Creed for the PS3. I used an employee discount (my brother works at Meijer) so the total was less than $27 after taxes. Nice!

This is why Meijer is the store to go to for everything... (my biased opinion seeing as HQ is 2 minutes from the High school I went to).

Anyways picked up for 360 Turning Point Fall of Liberty (17.99... possibly to flip for 25 at GR), Stuntman (17.99), Spiderman Friend or Foe (17.99), Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights (17.99), Bully (26.99), and The Simpsons (26.99). At first it came out to 98.55.

I then looked at the receipt and Turning Point had rang up as 44.99. So I went up to Customer Service and showed them the error and that it had been marked 19.99. After about 10 minutes of waiting and explaining that I had bought the game 2 weeks ago and it was 19.99 and 3+ calls to the manager they finally came to a conclusion that the price in the system hadn't been changed. They then gave me the $25 back and also gave me the pricing error $5 back. So... after taxes I ended up walking out with 6 games for $67.05

Checked it out, but they don't have much of shit under $30. Spider-Man 3, the Lost game, that was about it. I considered picking up Lost (since I heard the game is worth about $1, tops) but couldn't find anything I really wanted. Everything worth buying was at least $39.99.

Did pretty well. I debated getting another Hellboy 360 for multi player since that game is $59.99 elsewhere. I passed. I did get:

Simpsons 360 $29.99
Blue Dragon 360 $1.00

Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi III Wii $29.99
Dog Island Wii $1.00

I then looked at the receipt and Turning Point had rang up as 44.99. So I went up to Customer Service and showed them the error and that it had been marked 19.99.

Yeah..I got that one 3 weeks ago or so for 360 for $19.99. I flipped the PS3 version.

I picked up Spore Creature Creator and Mercury Meltdown (PSP) for 11 bucks total. I also got Viva Pinata and Forza 2 face plates for $2.70 each. There were a few more of those if anyone wants me to pick some up for them.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^I wish we had that law in Illinois![/quote]

It's actually kind of an awkward situation. It isn't a law about the giving back $5. It is a Meijer policy as far as I know. Could be wrong. I do know that some stores due it or something similar. A lot of Walgreens will give you back $5 if they forget to give you a receipt.

As for selling it at what it is marked, that must not be a mandatory thing. It was marked at 19.99 and was in the computer as 44.99. They said they could give it to me at cost at 42 and some change. I then argued some more and the manager then came up front and realized that it was 19.99 and an error in the system.

But... When you do come across the situation of something marked lower than they try to charge you for, a nice threat of contacting the BBB is always a sure way to get what you want. You'd be suprised at how fast a manager will make it right.

[quote name='VerbalKint']hahahaha that is great. We used to make fun of the way people said it all the time when I worked there. Drives me crazy because the old lady used to say it like that till I freaked out on her :bomb:[/quote]

I worked there when I was in school. The little old ladies would write "The Meijer's" on their check or sometimes they'd put "Wal-Mart" or some other store. I had the occasional customer who would need me to hand write out their check for them because they didn't know how. When I left, we had just got windows-based cash registers (no more memorizing every produce and candy code in the store) and check writing machines that would fill out a check for people. Makes me feel old that when I first started in retail, there were no PC-based cash registers and very few places accepted debit cards (and the ones that did often charged an ATM fee, which is why a lot of people are still scared to use their debit card at retail stores to this day).

[quote name='niftydrumdude']anyone seen Orange Box for 360 for under $39.99 yet?
i'm hoping it drops to $29.99 like the ps3 version...[/QUOTE]

No, still $39.99 at Meijer. I also checked Eternal Sonota and that's still at $39.99 as well.

Meijer's in Toledo on Alexis is a complete flop... dont bother. Only interesting game was Persona 3 FES. Was interested in Chocobo Dungeon Wii but it was $40

I was looking for Persona FES, but no luck. Going to stop by in the morning after work. Luckily, I live where there are 4 stores to choose from.

[quote name='Swave']Does this sale end at midnight? Anything left at that Meijer in Rolling Meadows, IL?[/QUOTE]

I went there twice, once in the morning around 10 and again at 2ish with my friend. Honestly, there wasn't much there to begin with. She ended getting the Futuristic Harvest Moon (I forgot what its called) and the last copy of Patapon. Good sale, not a great selection though.

[quote name='R1V3R5']No, still $39.99 at Meijer. I also checked Eternal Sonota and that's still at $39.99 as well.[/QUOTE]

I can back this up that Orange Box for 360 is $39.99. I had them do a price check. It sucks. Getting OB and Assassin's Creed would've been ideal.

I snagged Assassin's Creed and Saints Row at the Meijer on West Main in Kalamazoo. I went to all 3 over the course of the day, and I think the one on Main St. had the best selection. Westnedge was ok. The one on Gull was pretty sparse, which someone pointed out earlier in the thread.

[quote name='timmynausea']
I snagged Assassin's Creed and Saints Row at the Meijer on West Main in Kalamazoo. I went to all 3 over the course of the day, and I think the one on Main St. had the best selection. Westnedge was ok. [/QUOTE]

LOL, Westnedge is my store. Only thing I saw of interest was Assassin's Creed. I actually went and got the keys to the games case and checked the prices of every 360 game that interested me and none were under the $30 price point.

Sounds like a great deal if I can find some good games or games I don't mind paying less for. I'd like to think they price match but the Meijers I'm going to sold me a DVD for a higher price than one of the stickers on the case had it for.

They pricematch. But if the deal is too good they'll make it a pain in the ass and refuse the sale until what few managers they bother keeping employed gets called and shows up 10 minutes later to override it.

Does anybody know how much Meijers is charging for No More Heroes? I'd probably go pick that up with a Bully if it was thirty dollars.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Does anybody know how much Meijers is charging for No More Heroes? I'd probably go pick that up with a Bully if it was thirty dollars.[/QUOTE]

$29.99 for No More Heroes. I almost bought it because my Wii collections is sorely lacking.

I bought Bully and Blue Dragon for around $29.99 . Assassin's Creed and Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword were also there but I didn't bite.

I got an extra copy of Trauma Center: Under The Knife 2 since I couldn't find anything else I wanted. I was wanting No More Heros but we didn't have it. If anybody has no more heros and wants to trade let me know. Otherwise I'd be interested in selling my extra copy too.

[quote name='GreatDoink']I went there twice, once in the morning around 10 and again at 2ish with my friend. Honestly, there wasn't much there to begin with. She ended getting the Futuristic Harvest Moon (I forgot what its called) and the last copy of Patapon. Good sale, not a great selection though.[/quote]

Did they have Blue Dragon, Dead Rising, or Metal Gear Essentials?

[quote name='rvdnsx']Got the local Wal-Mart in Rolling Meadows, IL accross the street from Meijer to PM.[/quote]
Wal-mart PM'd the "B1G1 for $1" Meijer deal?!

Went to two different Meijer's locations and couldn't find any games I wanted.... stinks cause it is a great deal. I thought for sure they would have Lost Planet in.

Bully was 49.99 at my Meijer. All 2008 sports games were 29.99 or below, quite a few other games 29.99 or below that haven't been mentioned so far that I seen but I just forget what they are.

I picked up Assassin's Creed and Blue Dragon for $30. Great deal.

Hey, for those who picked up or already have Blue Dragon, is it supposed to be sealed like that? It's a different type of wrapper than other 360 games. Still had the MS sticker on the side though. I figured it was that way due to it having multiple discs.

Last edited by a moderator:
If any Michigan CAGs are gonna check out the Hall Rd Meijers don't bother. The 360 case has been all but liquidated..My wife looked for me and gave me a call. I was able to squeeze one more deal out of this:

Hellboy XBOX360
Pursuit Force Extreme Justice PSP.

My total savings over the course of this sale was $98.67-ish :hot:

So has anyone tried to PM Guitar hero 3 on PS2 @ meijer to Best buy or Circuit city's ad price of 59.99? 59.99 + free bonus guitar would be nice. Combine that with the additional 10% off and another game for $1 would be a steal, but there are a lot of "what ifs" involved. The Meijer by me had the extra guitars, but no GH3 in stock on ps2.

Thanks for the info, OP! Just picked up Assassin's Creed, Timeshift, and NHL2K8 and got Wall-E for the DS for my son. Viva la CAG.

Got some more games PM'd at Walmart!

Today's Loot @ Walmart: $34.01 for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (360) and Disgaea 2 (PS2, the wrapping was torn)

Yesterday's Loot @ Meijer: $64.76 for Sid Meier's Civ Rev (DS) Mario Party (DS) Ninja Gaiden (DS) Orange Box (PS3), Big Can o' Red Bull

I grabbed Bully Wii and Orange Box PS3.

Thinking about going back for Geometry Wars Wii + another $20 Wii game.

They actually had dozens and dozens of under $30 Wii, PS3, DS, 360 games. Also considering grabbing Teenage Zombies for DS at $20.

Got Assassin's Creed and Orange Box for PS3.

I almost got an amazing deal..... I noticed that all digital cameras were 20% off. So I looked for the camera that I have had my eye on, the Canon SD1100 IS. They had it on display, but with no price tag. So I asked how much it was. He said it was $129.99 before the 20% off. I know that this is a $249.99 camera, and I'm not in the need for a new camera. But if that was truly the price, then I had to act. So I asked if he had any in stock. He checked below the counter, nothing, and then he said that he thought there was one in the back. So he went to look, but sadly there was not one back there. So, kinda bummed that I didn't get that deal, but it's okay since I didn't really need it anyway.

At one location I couldn't find two games I wanted and at the other one I decided to settle for Assasian's Creed and Bully (both for 360). Too bad Orange Box, Mass Effect and some other games were $39 for the 360.

Great deal, thanks for the heads up OP. Its just a shame it only lasted two days.

bread's done
Back