meijer markdowns good deals

Hello fellow Michigan CAG!

I went to Meijer to get some baking stuff for my wife and stopped by the game section to find a big bin full of cheap games. I got:

Blaster Master (I loved the original NES game) - $2
Vanark (an anime shooter by jaleco) - $2
GTA 2 - $1
Rainbow 6 - $1

Then I got the BOGO 1/2 off deal, so I paid $4.50 for those 4 games. They also had Tomb Raider LR for $2, a couple of sports games and the weakest link for a buck or two. I had the lady scan FF7 and CTR, but they both came up as $15 still.

This is good to stock up on cheap PS1 games for your collection or to trade in at Gamerush.

I was there last saturday, but at midnight, so I couldn't get in on the bogo1/2 deal, and after some searching I saw a few games worth getting. I think I'll probably just wait until I go home and shop at that meijer though, since I can't stand the townies up here.

...I want Blaster Master and trade in fodder! If the snow leaves for a bit i might head over there after work.

(wow, 4 MI posts in a row... creepy!)

Let's make it even creepier and do 5 in a row.

>If the snow leaves for a bit i might head over there after work<

You're a braver man than I. My ass is staying inside today.

I hope the Southfield store opens soon.

Well since we're all friends here, I'll have you all know I won't be at the Mt. Pleasant, MI store; however, I will be making a cameo at the Novi/Livonia, MI store, and probably the Westland/Wasteland, MI store as well.

Hey, how creepy can we make this thread... someone else in Michigan! :)

I'll be hitting up the Novi and Commerce Meijers to see what they have, as long as I'm able to get out of the parking lot here at work. Damn snow.

We could all have a big meijer party. My brother, a friend of his, and myself tried to play volleyball in a meijer once, oh that was festive.

By the by, anyone find a meijer with a gamecube mario kart bundle? that $20 santa bucks coupon would make that a steal at $40, regardless of what items you already have.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']We could all have a big meijer party. My brother, a friend of his, and myself tried to play volleyball in a meijer once, oh that was festive.

By the by, anyone find a meijer with a gamecube mario kart bundle? that $20 santa bucks coupon would make that a steal at $40, regardless of what items you already have.[/quote]

gamecube bundle 40, tell me more.

There are no Gamecube bundles for $40 even with Santa bucks. Meijer's gamecubes are all $99 -- if you can find them. Santa bucks makes them 99-20= $70...still, a great deal, nonetheless.

michigan is the best state ever

i will check the GR meijers at some junction and try to report some findings

[quote name='Wshakspear']Commerce and Wixom for me...most likely Wixom..closer...and has a Taco Bell across the street...[/quote]

yea I went to the commerce one

they also have a 27 inch tv for 125 after rebate and you can use a 20 dollar off coupon if you can find the tv

total would be 105 :) good deal

a lot of michigan cags

I'll likely be representing at the Novi, Commerce, Livonia, and Brighton stores in the days after Christmas.

Did anyone find anything at these stores?

Hot damn! Look at us MI folks go! I don't know if I should be happy or pissed that I have to compete with all of you for the deals. he he.

Anyway, I'm hitting up the east side stores. I go to Meijers on 26 and van dyke, Hall and Hayes, and 23 and gratiot. The one at 26 and van dyke had the deals yesterday.

Oh, one last thing, I'm up for a little basket ball or volleyball in a local store!

while you guys are at meijer picking up your games, don't miss the frozen section on the way out and get yourself some of those nestle chocolate chip cookie dough packs, special 2 for $5. Those are the bomb, and a piece of cake to bake :D .

oh and I picked up SO3 and Mario Party 6.

I'll stop at Meijer on the way home here in Midland (aka store 108 if you are another ex-Meijer worker like me. Spent 3 years there '97-'00 so I still know a lot of the people there on night shift) Thanks for the tip.

Nothing noteworthy at the Brighton Meijer (directed to dr. frielgood). But, as I posted in another thread, the Lansing Meijer at edgewood and Cedar st. has Wavebords marked at 23.99. You can't use santa bucks because they're beliow 29.99, but with the extra 20% off they're only $19.19 + tax.

I just picked up Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal for $31.99(w/ $8 santa bucks) combine with Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow(Xbox) for $14.98 (Buy 1 get 50% off the 2nd game). I love these type of sales at Meijers!!!

Another Michigander here " points to hand"
I'll be checking out Westland too. Save something good for me

Now I know who cleaned out the Best Buy's on their $4.99 sale :evil:

:)

[quote name='Buddy Z']Another Michigander here " points to hand"
I'll be checking out Westland too. Save something good for me

Now I know who cleaned out the Best Buy's on their $4.99 sale :evil:

:)[/quote]

Wasn't this horse amigo, I've been up at Mt Pleasant for the past month now. Rest assured had I been *back home* I would've tried my best to clean out the store. Anyhow, I'll be making an appearance at Meijer sometime tonight, but now I need sleep and then it's time for the wonderful 2+ hour drive home.

[quote name='slavefive']Hot damn! Look at us MI folks go! I don't know if I should be happy or pissed that I have to compete with all of you for the deals. he he.

Anyway, I'm hitting up the east side stores. I go to Meijers on 26 and van dyke, Hall and Hayes, and 23 and gratiot. The one at 26 and van dyke had the deals yesterday.

Oh, one last thing, I'm up for a little basket ball or volleyball in a local store![/quote]

You're stalking me, aren't you? :)

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='slavefive']Hot damn! Look at us MI folks go! I don't know if I should be happy or pissed that I have to compete with all of you for the deals. he he.

Oh, one last thing, I'm up for a little basket ball or volleyball in a local store![/quote]

You're stalking me, aren't you? :)[/quote]

Nah, my parole officer said that I had to stop doing that stuff. :roll: Stupid laws.

Wow, I live in a state and people call it Michigan, too! :lol:

Those were some seriously killer deals since you could use the Santa bucks to get 8-10 bucks off a full priced new game and then still get 50% off a second game of equal value. I just got one game, though, KOTOR2. Go Santa Bucks!

Michigan is such a loser state.

Yeah , All we have Is Motown Music, The automobile capitol of the world, Champion College football, Worlds Longest Suspension bridge.. Home of numerous musicians including, Iggi Pop, Kid Rock, Bob Seger, Ted Nugeant, Madonna, Marshall Mathers...Hmmm Yeah We suck. :roll:

Largest African American population, Largest Arab population, suprisingly the most racially seperated city (Livonia, 99 percent White folk), Woodward DreamCruise (Largest car cruise ANYWHERE), Every level of income all in one city! Two parts to our state, the mitten and the bunny. etc etc..............................

Well, I choose to break the silence for the KY Meijer populace!

All 1 of me! And I work there too! :?

We've had the BOGO twice since last month, once around Thanksgiving and this recent one, possibly even another time. Every time we get big gapping holes in our shelves. Took advantage myself each time. :D

Louisville, Meijer store 166 if you care. It's on Preston Highway (Or just off of, rather).

bread's done
Back