Meijer Sales/Clearance Thread

SaberMatrix

CAGiversary!
Meijer in Colerain Ohio had Steel Black, Wave Blue and Silver Dualshock 4 Controllers on Clearance for $50.

Labo customization kit was clearanced at $2.49

Final Fantasy Royal edition on Xbox One was on sale for $9.99.

Didn't see a thread of anything like it, so figured i'd give it a whirl.

For those who are not sure what Meijer is: It's a retail chain out of Michigan that is similar to Walmart, without the feeling of being a warehouse. They currently operate in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin. They are very behind in the online push, so dont expect much to be online.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a 25% off clearance electronics coupon in my Mperks account. Expires on the 15th.

They're also running 10 for $10 (11th free) on a lot of stuff. Great deal for brand name sodas. People only want the toilet paper and soap.
I was so glad they had that sale. I went and grabbed a bunch of canned goods, soda, pasta and sauce and the sale allowed me to feel like it was just a regular "time to stock the pantry" trip rather than "we're all gonna die" panic trip.

Meijer has their Buy 1 get 1 40% off on games this week for Easter. Also saw a few more things on clearance but it was mostly sports titles so I didn't bother to look further.

Meijer is doing a "save $10 on your next shopping trip when you buy a select video game." They show and have 'Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle' for Switch for $14.99 (and 'Battlefield 5') which essentially makes the game $5, if you at all purchase things like food at Meijer to use that $10 coupon on.

It also makes games like 'Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order' $30, which is its cheapest price I've seen.

Keep an eye out, as they're clearancing out a bunch of older games.  Most of them were marked down to $13.50.

From what I saw, these were the ones I remember seeing marked down(they were $13.50 unless noted)

No Man's Sky Beyond(PS4)

Bioshock Collection (XB1/PS4)- $18

Mega Man 11(PS4)

WWE 2K18(PS4)

Syberia 3(XB1)- $5

Styx: Shards of Darkness(XB1)- $5

World of Final Fantasy Maxima(XB1)

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age(XB1)- $22.50

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night(PS4)- $18

Hey! Pikmin(3DS)

Mario Maker(3DS)- $18

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy(Switch)- $22.50

Sushi Striker(Switch)

But it looked like most, if not all, of their 3DS games were being clearanced out.

Keep an eye out, as they're clearancing out a bunch of older games. Most of them were marked down to $13.50.

From what I saw, these were the ones I remember seeing marked down(they were $13.50 unless noted)

No Man's Sky Beyond(PS4)

Bioshock Collection (XB1/PS4)- $18

Mega Man 11(PS4)

WWE 2K18(PS4)

Syberia 3(XB1)- $5

Styx: Shards of Darkness(XB1)- $5

World of Final Fantasy Maxima(XB1)

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age(XB1)- $22.50

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night(PS4)- $18

Hey! Pikmin(3DS)

Mario Maker(3DS)- $18

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy(Switch)- $22.50

Sushi Striker(Switch)

But it looked like most, if not all, of their 3DS games were being clearanced out.
What area are you in?

Meijer is doing an additional 50% off clearance games starting today.  Most of the clearance at my local store was 30% off already, at least.  Some things scanned even less than that before the 50% off.

What I Got:
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Deluxe Edition (PS4) - $24.50
Owlboy (PS4) - $7.50
Dead Cells (PS4) - $7.50
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (3DS) - $9.99

Warioware Gold (3DS) - $9.99
Metroid Samus Returns (3DS) - $9.99

Here's what else I could remember on clearance, definitely not everything as I'm basing this off memory from 2 hours ago and I was only shopping for 2 systems.
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
Mega Man 11
COD Modern Warfare Remastered
Steep
Trials Rising (possibly Gold edition)
Lots of Madden/Fifa '19
Sushi Striker
Hey Pikmin
Pokemon X and/or Y  (I think, whatever ones came out on 3DS, they all blend together for me)
Yo-Kai Watch

PS - My particular store was re-arranging their video games, moving them to a different aisle.  Pretty much everything that wasn't clearance or "bargain priced" was not on the floor, even so it looks like once they get put back out, it doesn't look like they'll be taking up as much real estate on the shelf anymore.

Thanks for the tip, I shop at Meijer all the time since there's one 5 minutes from my house so I was able to quick run out there.  I got

Captain Toad 3DS ($10)

NHL 19 ($5)

World of Final Fantasy Maxima ($7.50)

Mega Man X Legacy Collection ($7.50)

Picked up Dead Cells for Switch for $8.74 with the 50% off clearance games. I think they had at least 2-3 more left (Gahanna/New Albany, OH store).

Cascade in GR had hardly any games, clearance or otherwise. I was only really looking for the 'Mega Man X Collection' for PS4 (they had a few for Xbox One), and regret getting 'Blood and Truth' the week before for $20 when it's $10 at Meijer, but oh well.

I wonder if Meijer is just clearing stock or if they're shifting away from video games. There barely had anything even for Switch. Just, like, nine games.

Picked up Travis Strikes Again And Owlboy for the Switch $10 each.  

Saw Trials Fusion For the switch which would have been $7.50.

Sushi Striker for the switch $17.50 

Also saw a tag that crash team racing was on clearance for the switch but out of stock.  I think it would have been $15 after the discount.

Got ever oasis 3ds for $9.99
Warioware gold for $9.99
And they haven't put most of their stuff out on the floor yet.
The only other thing I saw that was interesting at all was Darksiders 3 for Xbox

Picked up Bloodstained, Collection of Mana, Tales of Vesparia and Dark Souls for a buddy. Mortal Kombat 11 was out of stock but they also had both Final Fantasys on switch plus some 3DS games in Avon, OH. Willing to trade or buy other games for Switch I didnt see.

The Meijer in Holland MI had quite a few games. I got:
Dragon Quest XI PS4 for $10 (they had multiple copies)
Kirby’s Epic Yarn 3DS for $10 (they had multiple copies)
Bravely Second End Layer for 3DS for $10 (might have been last one)
Wario Ware Gold for $10 (might have been last one)
Dead Cells for Switch for $8.75 (they had multiple copies)

They were all in a shopping cart in the back. It’s basically one overloaded shopping cart of games in the back so you have to dig for the games to see what’s in it.

Found the following that I don't think have been posted yet. All prices are after the bonus 50% off from this week.

Star Fox 64 3D (3DS) - $5
Dragon Quest VII (3DS) - $10
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS) - $10
Metroid Prime: Federation Force (3DS) - $10
Kirby Battle Royale (3DS) - $10
Fitness Boxing (Switch) - $12.50
Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters (3DS) - $14
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (3DS) - $14
Team Sonic Racing (PS4) - $14
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) - $21
ARMS (Switch) - $21

Lots of decent games at the Meijer in Monroe, MI. I picked up NHL 17 and Destiny: The Collection for Xbox One for $7.50 a piece. Destiny was marked at $20.99, but was even cheaper before the additional 50% discount.

I went around the other Meijer's in SE Wisconsin last night and didn't find much left.  I did get a Borderlands Handsome Collection on X1 for $5 though. 

I didn't realize how many Meijers I have around me until this sale started.  There's 5 within 10 miles of my house and 3 by my office.  

Anyways, I've grabbed a bunch of stuff a lot of it of questionable quality, but for 5 bucks or less I figured it's worth a spin

Mega Man X Legacy collection (Xbone) - $7.50

World of Final Fantasy Maxima (Xbone) - $7.50

Troll and I (Xbone) - $3

Pillars of Eternity (Xbone) - $3

Mass Effect Andromeda (Xbone) - $3

Agents of Mayhem (Xbone) - $5

Subnautica (Xbone) - $10

Star Ocean:  Integrity and Faithlessness (PS4) - $5

Vampyr (PS4) - $5

Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions Evolved (PS4) - $2

Metal Gear Survive (PS4) - $5

.Hack//G.U. Recode (PS4) - $5

Dynasty Warriors 9 (PS4) - $5

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader (3DS) - $2

Paddington Adventures in London (3DS) - $2

The Legend of Legacy (3DS) - $6

Dishonored 2 (PC) - $2

Battlefield:  Hardline (PC) - $6

A bit of a side note I found out about due to those last two games I listed, PC games aren't considered "video games" so they aren't part of the 50% off sale.  Battlefield Hardline for $3 sounded good but for $6?  Not so much.  I would've had it taken off, but that would have required doing something and I am nothing if not exceptionally lazy.

I went around the other Meijer's in SE Wisconsin last night and didn't find much left. I did get a Borderlands Handsome Collection on X1 for $5 though.
Good to know, thanks. I'm here in the same area and was just considering whether it was worth venturing out. Did you check the one over by Mayfair mall? They had a massive amount of junk games last time I was there (although that was a long time ago now I guess).

Yeah, the one by Mayfair is actualyl where I got the Borderlands Collection.  The only other games I saw were Geometry Wars 3 for PS4 and I think a random sports game.  The one on 60th and.... Layton I think?  Had a reasonable amount of games, but nothing super great (although they did have a X1 FF12 Zodiac, but I passed on that because I already have it on PS4

Good to know, thanks. I'm here in the same area and was just considering whether it was worth venturing out. Did you check the one over by Mayfair mall? They had a massive amount of junk games last time I was there (although that was a long time ago now I guess).
They are re doing the electronics section all those junk loose games are gone for some reason... Im in the area as well and the stores are wiped out a reseller beat us

Sadly, my two local meijer stores are redoing the games section and they had basically nothing out.  The employee said they had everything in the back.

Lots of decent games at the Meijer in Monroe, MI. I picked up NHL 17 and Destiny: The Collection for Xbox One for $7.50 a piece. Destiny was marked at $20.99, but was even cheaper before the additional 50% discount.
The huge pile of hastily tossed games on that back shelf, heh. Nothing jumped out at me when I was in last... probably a day before your post.

Went to my nearest Meijer yesterday and they had their few remaining 3DS titles marked 75% off - in other words, identical to the prices during the clearance bonus. Could be useful if you need a second chance.

Meijer is running an "additional 50% off clearance video games" promo this week, per their ad. The stores I went to today were very picked-over, and didn't have anything beyond the usual suspects (old sports titles and Sushi Striker). Your mileage may vary.

My store changed it's aisle around so now the games are separated into brand sections. Haven't seen a single deal since this happened a couple months ago. Guess my Meijer game buying days are over for now at least.

Yeah. The Xbox, Nintendo and Sony sections at the Meijers around me are pretty small. Maybe 15 titles per system now, even the Switch. They definitely seem to be transitioning them to at least carrying a smaller inventory. 

In general, Meijer seems to be curtailing their physical media. They got rid of CDs at my local Meijer stores, in addition to dropping the game selection to the bare essentials.

In general, Meijer seems to be curtailing their physical media. They got rid of CDs at my local Meijer stores, in addition to dropping the game selection to the bare essentials.
Meijers is late to the party, but yes, they're scaling back since physical media sales have been basically on a steep decline the past five years, and now with Covid-19, are literally collapsing.

All my Walmarts, Targets, and Best Buys have pretty much done the same.

Yeah. The Xbox, Nintendo and Sony sections at the Meijers around me are pretty small. Maybe 15 titles per system now, even the Switch. They definitely seem to be transitioning them to at least carrying a smaller inventory.
They used to have such nice game sections. Such a shame. I hadn't been to any of my local Meijers in a long time and was quite sad with what I saw recently.

My go-to for video games in the late 90s/early 00s was Meijer (after Funcoland and EB Games, before Gamestop bought them). I always enjoyed looking at their glass cases with games from the floor up, towering over my head. They would run buy 2 get 1 free on Black Friday sometimes too.

My go-to for video games in the late 90s/early 00s was Meijer (after Funcoland and EB Games, before Gamestop bought them). I always enjoyed looking at their glass cases with games from the floor up, towering over my head. They would run buy 2 get 1 free on Black Friday sometimes too.
Now that you mention it, that's the deal I used to get my first 3 Switch games (Mario Kart 8, SMO and BotW). :(

Not sure but probably not, I don't think Meijer does preorders on anything.  GIven how at least the ones by me have cut down their gaming sections, it's hard to say if they'll even bother carrying the new consoles. 

They'll carry the new consoles, because parents will pick them up around the holidays. They don't do preorders though.

My best console launch memory was actually at Meijer: the original Xbox. I went to a lower (for the time) trafficked Meijer and sat in line by the games section. They were getting ten consoles, and I was fourth in line I think. My mom went grocery shopping while I waited the two hours or so. What was nice is they went through the line ahead of midnight and asked what games and accessories people were planning on buying, then set those aside for each person in the order we were in line. I got a second controller, 'Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X' and 'Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee' (I picked up 'Halo' about a week later).

The best part was, we got one of our dogs that night. It was pouring outside, and he ran into Meijer to escape the rain. Some employees chased him around the store, before catching him and tying him up to the long newspaper dispenser that used to sit outside since the humane society wouldn't come until morning (it was about 1am at this point). My mom and I couldn't just leave him out in the wet cold, so we brought him home. He had no tags, so after a week of trying to find his owner, we kept him.

Heads up looks like lots more games going on clearance...   Nothing to write home about at this time but depending on the store you may find some deals. If you still have a store with a dump rack of games most of them were $13.99

Yep, it looks like one of my local Meijer stores (48838 area) had another round of price reductions. Some decent finds this time, such as Death Stranding for $6 (90% off), Fire Emblem Three Houses for $30 (50% off) and a handful of other games such as Apex Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Just Dance 2016/2017, Deadly Premonition 2, etc. for 50% to 75% off. They also had a bunch of copies of Yo-Kai Watch 2 (3DS) for $4.

Yep, it looks like one of my local Meijer stores (48838 area) had another round of price reductions. Some decent finds this time, such as Death Stranding for $6 (90% off), Fire Emblem Three Houses for $30 (50% off) and a handful of other games such as Apex Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Just Dance 2016/2017, Deadly Premonition 2, etc. for 50% to 75% off. They also had a bunch of copies of Yo-Kai Watch 2 (3DS) for $4.
Gotta think next gen Meijer will be largely pulling out of shelfing much physical media. Really makes little to no sense for them to have so much stock of these titles. They're not Walmart (and never will be). I want to be wrong, but, well, all their peers have pretty much already made the change.

Wow those are crazy prices

Gotta think next gen Meijer will be largely pulling out of shelfing much physical media. Really makes little to no sense for them to have so much stock of these titles. They're not Walmart (and never will be). I want to be wrong, but, well, all their peers have pretty much already made the change.
Yeah, my Meijer recently renovated their electronic section and video games went from having a large wall and aisle to just one half aisle. It’s about a 3-4 foot wide area for each system and a selection of 8-10 recent games. I’m guessing that you’re right and it’ll probably shrink again.

Yeah, my Meijer recently renovated their electronic section and video games went from having a large wall and aisle to just one half aisle. It’s about a 3-4 foot wide area for each system and a selection of 8-10 recent games. I’m guessing that you’re right and it’ll probably shrink again.
I work at a newer store and that's all we have. Maybe 15 spots for each console.

Nothing really going on at the Cascade Meijer in GR. Unless you call $42 for 'Rage 2' a good clearance price. They had 'Apex Legends' whatever for $6.99.

bread's done
Back