Meijer Sales/Clearance Thread

SaberMatrix

CAGiversary!
Meijer in Colerain Ohio had Steel Black, Wave Blue and Silver Dualshock 4 Controllers on Clearance for $50.

Labo customization kit was clearanced at $2.49

Final Fantasy Royal edition on Xbox One was on sale for $9.99.

Didn't see a thread of anything like it, so figured i'd give it a whirl.

For those who are not sure what Meijer is: It's a retail chain out of Michigan that is similar to Walmart, without the feeling of being a warehouse. They currently operate in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin. They are very behind in the online push, so dont expect much to be online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez went to mine last night and there's only a handful of Ps4/XB1 games now, everything else is dedicated to PS5/XSX/Switch on one side of the aisle.  Looks like some stores are just giving up on selling games.

Mine was totally cleaned out, they had Rocket Arena for like 3 cents on Xbox One. Was the sole clearance game left in stock. It must be absolutely dogshit if no one brought it for that price.

Had to resist the urge to buy it because it must be cursed or something

[twitter]

Paper Mario: The Origami King is $29.99 in-stores at Meijer https://t.co/X6CumFahyl

— Wario64 (@Wario64) https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1350870884697817089?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
[/twitter]

Mine was totally cleaned out, they had Rocket Arena for like 3 cents on Xbox One. Was the sole clearance game left in stock. It must be absolutely dogshit if no one brought it for that price.

Had to resist the urge to buy it because it must be cursed or something
At 3 cents it's worth it just for the case. You can always use the disc as a coaster too :beer:

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Paper Mario: The Origami King is $29.99 in-stores at Meijer https://t.co/X6CumFahyl

— Wario64 (@Wario64) https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1350870884697817089?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Thanks - I was able to snag Paper Mario: The Origami King at the Meijer in Mt. Pleasant, MI for $29.99. There was no sale sticker of any kind, but I scanned it with the Meijer app to double-check the price and sure enough, it was $29.99! Rang up at the register just fine.

I went to a bunch of Family Videos and never saw a single copy of Origami King. Super stoked that Meijer is selling it for the same $30 price point. Thanks for the tip!

I don't think a trade thread is going to help me..

If anyone is going, that wouldn't feel hassled, and would take $40 (PayPal or Zelle) for a shipped copy of Origami King, would someone message me? .

If there is no limit to only one per purchase, anyway. The sale sticker that I saw shows the sale ends 1/27. 

edit: I saw, but I really don't want to spend $50 on the game. Looking to spend $40 max, if possible.

I don't think a trade thread is going to help me..

If anyone is going, that wouldn't feel hassled, and would take $40 (PayPal or Zelle) for a shipped copy of Origami King, would someone message me? .

If there is no limit to only one per purchase, anyway. The sale sticker that I saw shows the sale ends 1/27.
fyi best buy has paper mario for $45

I picked up the last Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered for PS4 for $11.99 on clearance. The only thing I’ve been able to find that I actually wanted in a long time on clearance.

I actually have a meijer that is apparently within 20 miles of me now!   Wonder if they have anything good... If nothing else I can make it a nonwasted trip by doing some grocery shopping at least.

I actually have a meijer that is apparently within 20 miles of me now! Wonder if they have anything good... If nothing else I can make it a nonwasted trip by doing some grocery shopping at least.
Mejier is a step up from Walmart but a step down from target.

I started shopping at mejier again and I really like it. They have a lot of product variety, are way less trashy and busy than Walmart, and less packed than target. Basically you can get in and out real fast and it’s a better atmosphere than Walmart. Only bad thing about mejier is that produce is stupid expensive. No idea why. Meats and packaged goods are normally priced.

For everyone shopping at Meijer, be sure to sign up for MPerks.  You make an account with your phone #, then use it when you make purchases.  For every $100 spent, you get $2 off a future order.  May not sound like much, but every bit helps.  Plus with the app, there are always all kinds of coupons you can use for groceries and other items.  Plenty of deals to be had.

Mejier is a step up from Walmart but a step down from target.

I started shopping at mejier again and I really like it. They have a lot of product variety, are way less trashy and busy than Walmart, and less packed than target. Basically you can get in and out real fast and it’s a better atmosphere than Walmart. Only bad thing about mejier is that produce is stupid expensive. No idea why. Meats and packaged goods are normally priced.
It really varies by area though. Like the closest walmart to me is pretty nice after they renovated and now that they have the 40 some odd self checkouts I haven't had to wait in a line at all. But since they renovated there's been nary a clearance game deal.

I quite enjoy shopping at aldis due to how quick I usually get in and out of there and their prices are typically cheaper than anyone elses. Plus their stores are so much smaller it makes it easier to find stuff usually. And they have good produce quality besides heinens usually. They don't sell everything though like yogurt, trash bags and their toilet paper and such is hit or miss.

Marcs is nice since they have the best priced lunch meat, usually have coupons for a buck or two off on items and carry some stuff exclusive to them. king nut almonds, candy straws, 60/40, salt and vinegar potato sticks and almond cranberry crackers, pepperoni sticks that either aren't sold in other stores or are 3-5 bucks cheaper.

Switch Let's Go Pikachu scans $17.99.  For those that missed the earlier post, Let's Go Eevee also scans $17.99.

Meijer in my area was the first to hard adopt a mask policy, and actually enforce it. Walmart is still the wild west here. So Meijer and Target is definitely my go-to

Meijer in my area was the first to hard adopt a mask policy, and actually enforce it. Walmart is still the wild west here. So Meijer and Target is definitely my go-to
You can just wear a mask to get past the door guard without being bothered and then take it off, not that I would know of course!

That just seems like a cowardly way to be the worst kind of human. Not that I would say that of course.
That just seems like a cowardly way to be the worst kind of human.
A few states and multiple counties are in a third spike because of idiots like that, so I would say that.

Just in the few errands I had to run today, I saw so many idiots that my faith in humanity is pretty low right now.
Bunch of selfish, self-important morons.

A few states and multiple counties are in a third spike because of idiots like that, so I would say that.

Just in the few errands I had to run today, I saw so many idiots that my faith in humanity is pretty low right now.
Not the place...

Wow seeing this reminds me I haven’t looked in the game section at a Meijer since Christmas time. Most of the time I’ve been looking out for clearance stuff in the grocery area like K Cups for the wife cause my local store always has random food items on clearance.

I know so many people have died because of my refusal to Wear The Mask. My guilt runs deep for spreading my Asymptomatic Covid™, which I have been implicitly guilty of having for the past year. I'm sorry I'm such a selfish jerk and Worst Kind of Human.

Sussex WI Meijer still has one Series S in stock, as well as a Animal Crossing Switch (which is in the glass case underneath the PS4 games for some reason.  This was as of about 7AM CST. 

Westerville, OH Meijer is running a 25% off all electronics clearance.  I picked up NBA2K21 (PS5) & Sackboy (PS4 w/ free PS5 upgrade) for $70 combined ($40 after deal for NBA, $30 after deal for Sackboy).

Not sure if it's store-specific, but you may want to check your local Meijer.

I didn't see anything like that at my store, is that 25% off all electronics, or just an extra 25% off clearance items?

Seems my local store clearances all their gaming keyboards and mice. I had been keeping an eye on a few but haven’t gone in a few weeks
Stopped through on my way to get some ice cream and found a Logitech g413 carbon keyboard clearanced for $29
Not sure how ymmv it is but wanted to put it out there as these type sales seem to be in most stores once they happen

That’s a good price on Sackboy with the free PS5 upgrade!

I managed to get an insane clearance pickup a few weeks ago, snagging a 55” OLED LG BX for $700 at the Mt. Pleasant, MI store. I didn’t even know Meijer carried LG OLED TVs. Pretty crazy.

bread's done
Back