Meijer Store up to 25% off game consoles with Meijer CC 10/20/07 only

pheezie

CAGiversary!
Meijer is having a 15% off one day sale on 10/20/2007 with use of there CC in store or online.
If you apply in store you will get a instant approval and will be able to use it the right after approval you with receive a slip in store with your CC number a additional 10% coupon for use the first time you use this card.

I used this last friday to get a 60gb PS3 for $385+tax they will take the 15% off then 10% off. My credit sucks and only got approved for a $200 credit limit but was able to max out the meijer CC then pay the rest with my debt card and still get this deal.

http://www.meijer.com/content/content.jsp?pageName=meijer_credit_card_offer

Wow, great deal. I've been waiting for a good PS3 deal to come along and I don't think I'll find a better one than this any time soon. I'm literally surrounded by Meijer's stores too ( there's five different stores within 10 miles from me), so scoring a system with this deal shouldn't be hard.

BTW, a friend of mine works at a Meijer's store here. I wonder if they'd let his 10% employee discount stack on top of the 25%?

[quote name='norkusa']
BTW, a friend of mine works at a Meijer's store here. I wonder if they'd let his 10% employee discount stack on top of the 25%?[/quote]

Never worked for meijer but have worked for other big box retail stores and might work if he gets the card and you pay him back.

[quote name='norkusa']

BTW, a friend of mine works at a Meijer's store here. I wonder if they'd let his 10% employee discount stack on top of the 25%?[/quote]
Yes they'll stack. Bought the HD drive for the 360 like this. came up 20% off card 10% new card and friend's discount ended up paying like $120

but it goes like
$100 - 20% =
$80 - 10% =
$72 - 10% =
$64.80 in some order or another like that

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']Is that additional 10% usable online? I really need to grab Ar Tonelico.[/quote]

It doesn't look like it.

I might try this if the OP's credit was bad and still got approved.

[quote name='pheezie']Meijer is having a 15% off one day sale on 10/20/2007 with use of there CC in store or online.
If you apply in store you will get a instant approval and will be able to use it the right after approval you with receive a slip in store with your CC number a additional 10% coupon for use the first time you use this card.

I used this last friday to get a 60gb PS3 for $385+tax they will take the 15% off then 10% off. My credit sucks and only got approved for a $200 credit limit but was able to max out the meijer CC then pay the rest with my debt card and still get this deal.

http://www.meijer.com/content/content.jsp?pageName=meijer_credit_card_offer[/QUOTE]

Actually, Meijer starts everybody out at 200 bucks to see how you use your credit then after a while if you keep up with payments they let you increase your balance.

Naturally there are no meijirs in Texas and the online store only has the 80Gb bundle one... oh well, good deal to those that can get it.

So if I apply for their credit card online, will I at least be able to get 15% off and free shipping? That'd be the best deal on a 360 pro bundle out there... 350-52.50=297.50

that 20% off was much better a few weeks ago. thats the first time i've seen box 360 and ps3 both sold out at the same time...

So is it 20% or 25%? I see people saying 20% but topic title says 25. Iv been holding off on picking up a replacment PS2 till the price dropped to $100...but this sale would make it so I could snatch it now.

Ok, you need to be a new applicant. If you apply for it, you'll get 10% off on your first purchase w/the card.

You can combine it with the current offer, which is 15% off on general merchandise (which includes the consoles) when you use your Meijers card. It's not really 25%, but ~ 23% if you do the math.

15% off offer is available for qualifying Meijer.com online purchases made using your Meijer MasterCard as payment for your entire order and you must enter the promo code at checkout. The discount is computed on the merchandise total after all other coupons and discounts are deducted, but before tax, shipping and handling, and other surcharges are calculated. Offer excludes game consoles, gift cards, Meijer Extended Protection, specialty order grocery, French Toast apparel, digital photo services, and online pharmaceutical refills. Offer not available with Meijer Store Credit Card or Meijer Prepaid MasterCard and may not be applied to previous orders. Meijer reserves the right to limit quantities (including after you have submitted your order). Special pricing or offers are good only while supplies last. Please see our Terms and Conditions for complete details. Offer available for meijer.com orders only and does not apply to partner businesses.

Here's the link: http://www.meijer.com/content/content.jsp?pageName=meijer_credit_card_offer

** Excludes grocery, health & beauty care, prescriptions, alcohol, tobacco, baby diapers & wipes, gift cards, lottery, postage, licenses, park & entertainment tickets, layaway, gas station & C-stops, in-store businesses, online purchases, Meijer Pre-Paid MasterCard, Meijer Productivity BusinessCard, and taxes. Discount will be computed after all other coupons are deducted. You must pay for your order with your Meijer Credit Card to obtain discount.

As you can see, if you buy instore, game consoles are not excluded.

Makes it really tempting to grab a 360 since it brings it down to like $260 for the premium model. They wont have a Wii in stock naturally, but if they did it would go for only $180 or so which again makes it damn tempting.

Ill probally just stick to grabbing a PS2 slim for $97. Anyone know if tax is charged on the total after 25% or before?

[quote name='c_maz34']15% off offer is available for qualifying Meijer.com online purchases made using your Meijer MasterCard as payment for your entire order and you must enter the promo code at checkout. The discount is computed on the merchandise total after all other coupons and discounts are deducted, but before tax, shipping and handling, and other surcharges are calculated. Offer excludes game consoles, gift cards, Meijer Extended Protection, specialty order grocery, French Toast apparel, digital photo services, and online pharmaceutical refills. Offer not available with Meijer Store Credit Card or Meijer Prepaid MasterCard and may not be applied to previous orders. Meijer reserves the right to limit quantities (including after you have submitted your order). Special pricing or offers are good only while supplies last. Please see our Terms and Conditions for complete details. Offer available for meijer.com orders only and does not apply to partner businesses.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSI Magus']Makes it really tempting to grab a 360 since it
Ill probally just stick to grabbing a PS2 slim for $97. Anyone know if tax is charged on the total after 25% or before?[/QUOTE]

Read first quote... discount applied before taxes. (it's the same in store and online for that at least)

Ugh, so the extra 15% for the credit card offer doesn't count towards game systems then? That sucks. Guess I won't be getting a PS3 now.

[quote name='norkusa']Ugh, so the extra 15% for the credit card offer doesn't count towards game systems then? That sucks. Guess I won't be getting a PS3 now.[/QUOTE]

Still applicable in store.

^Also, any person in the Kalamazoo, Michigan area can PM and save an extra 10% on top of the discounts.

[quote name='valor19']Still applicable in store. [/QUOTE]

Ahh, gotcha. Guess I'll get a PS3 after all.

I'm still confused about the discounts though. In the OP, it says that the CC deal is for 10% off but meijer.com says it's 15% off when you sign up for a card. Or is that just for online sign-up's?

[quote name='norkusa']Ahh, gotcha. Guess I'll get a PS3 after all.

I'm still confused about the discounts though. In the OP, it says that the CC deal is for 10% off but meijer.com says it's 15% off when you sign up for a card. Or is that just for online sign-up's?[/QUOTE]

Well, it's 15% online. However B&M Meijer stores were doing 10% off your first order with your CC as well as a 10% off coupon for your first order. You can combine both. It's not quite 20% off, but still a good deal.

Also, I can still take another 10% off of that for those in the Kalamazoo, Michigan area.

[quote name='FrankieFiero']Read first quote... discount applied before taxes. (it's the same in store and online for that at least)[/QUOTE]

Well I guess I should say when are taxes applied. Do they charge tax off the discounted rate or the normal price? So like if I got a 360 do they do taxes on the $270 discount or the $350 norm?

It is 15% off then 10% off of the first purchase on meijer credit card in store you can apply online and get a 10% off coupon on first puchase deal but not sure if you will get it instantly after aproval or if they will mail it to you. somebody will just have to try it to find out if you don't get it right away you call 1-866-763-4537 that is the number to Meijer credit card service or call them before you apply and just ask them questions.

This deal will work for game consoles I just used it in store last friday to get a ps3.
Now for those of you that go to do this saturday just print out the link on my first post if you want it clearly says in store 15% off general merchandise. if you want to verify it before you apply for credit.

It should automaticly take the 15% off. The 10% coupon will be attached to your slip that has your CC number on it do not seperate it let the cashier do that. If you don't get aproved for the full amount and need to put the rest on another debit or credit card tell the cashier she/he needs to tell the register to only take a certain amount then use the other card to complete sale At first my cashier just typed the card number without doing this and it would not complete the sale. Also make sure your 10% coupon was applied my cashier told the manager that she scaned the coupon but I don't think she did.

I asked the customer service lady after I was aproved for the CC if I could use another card to pay for the rest and still get this deal and she said no but after walking around picking up some misc junk I saw a manager walking around and asked him and he said as long as I ran the Meijer CC first it will work.

As for online I don't know if this will work for game consoles or not because of the promo code you will have to enter. The only way to find out for sure is to try it. After reading the part with the code again the way I'm reading it is that you must use a meijer mastercard. IF you go to the store you can use a meijer store credit card.

I'm adding the word store in the title untill somebody trys this out with both of Meijer credit cards or calls Meijer credit card services.

i checked out my local meijer today to see if they had any 60 gig models and i noticed that they also have an offer going on until tomorrow that includes Lair for free with a 60 gig purchase. i know the consensus is that this game is bad, but hey, it's FREE!

Just got off the phone with the barely speaking English customer service rep at Meijer. He said that if you apply for the cc online, you won't be able to use it until you receive it (7-10 days).

I think that's what he said...

[quote name='grungygamer']i checked out my local meijer today to see if they had any 60 gig models and i noticed that they also have an offer going on until tomorrow that includes Lair for free with a 60 gig purchase. i know the consensus is that this game is bad, but hey, it's FREE![/quote]

Was this in a ad or just on a sign?

I went to the Meijer that I got my PS3 at on friday to see it they had this deal and see if I can get a sale adustment but they didn't have that deal going on. I got back home and called 4 of the closest stores in my area I Know the game sucks but I wanted to try it :cry:

[quote name='pheezie']Was this in a ad or just on a sign?

I went to the Meijer that I got my PS3 at on friday to see it they had this deal and see if I can get a sale adustment but they didn't have that deal going on. I got back home and called 4 of the closest stores in my area I Know the game sucks but I wanted to try it :cry:[/quote]
It was one of those tiny yellow signs that they hang up in front of the item.

as long as you apply in store you will get the 10% off coupon attached to your slip that has your credit card number on it that you can use today along with the 15% of general merchandise special going on today only.

Does anyone know if Mejer has already dropped the price of the 80GB PS3 to $500? I think i'll pick that up if I can find out. As an added bonus, Meijer Credit Card holders get 5 cents off per gallon of gas when filling at any meijer gas station, which are usually the cheapest before discount anyways.

I tried calling 3 different meijers in my area and none of them are even carrying the 360 holiday bundle yet...kinda lame cause I was gonna grab one too. Has anyone been able to find the bundle anywhere?

I called up the store in Bolingbrook IL and they said the holiday bundle should be instores late OCT or in NOV.

If we bought one today, would we be able to exchange it?

[quote name='douflag']I called up the store in Bolingbrook IL and they said the holiday bundle should be instores late OCT or in NOV.

If we bought one today, would we be able to exchange it?[/quote]

don't think they will but not for sure.

Meijer has this deal all the time so if the bundle is what you really want just wait. You should go to Meijer.com and subscribe to all newletters that way you know when they will be having this deal again.

Yeah, it seems like Meijer has their 15%-off general merchandise sales almost every week either on a Friday or Saturday. Occasionally, they will have a 20%-off general merchandise sale and that's when I bought my 60GB PS3 back in July.

I was able to take advantage of this and get a Daxyer Bundle at the Plainfield, IL store. It would be nice to use for a PS3, but there really aren't any good games for it yet. AS I hear the 80GB model is glitchy and lacks backwards compatibility, I would grab a 60 instead. Hopefully next year will see some notable releases.

bread's done
Back