Memory Card - "No data"

rokkon

CAGiversary!
Ok, I need some help guys. Last week I went over to a friend's house and brought my memory card and Soul Calibur 3. Everything worked fine, as usual. Played a while, then left with my memory card and game.

Fast forward till today. I put my memory card into my PS2 (I haven't touched it since playing it at my friend's house) and now it no longer recognizes it. I get a "No data" message on the browser. I've tried my other memory cards, and they both work normal, pop up on the system browser. I've also tried this non-working memory card in two of my friends' PS2's, same "No data" message.

For those of you that keep up on Soul Calibur 3 bugs, there's a save corruption bug, however, that bug appears to only affect SC3, and not the whole memory card. While I can't rule that out entirely, I have to wonder, 1. what are other causes for this, and 2. is there anything I can do to salvage my save games or memory card?

I've tried using a Codebreaker to see if I can access the card, but no go. I don't know about you guys, but the idea of losing saves for 1/3rd of my games (mostly 2 player game saves on this card) is enough to make me want to give up all together. Even with the aid of cheating devices, it just doesn't seem worth it. I greatly appreciate any input you guys can give me.

First off, is this a first party or third party memory card. Most likely, you're screwed, and if its a third party card (which is much more likely).. this is why many many people recommend only first party mem-cards.

1st party, all the way. I learned my lesson long ago with 3rd party accessories. Never looked back.

I just did an inventory of the gamesaves I lost. Luckily, most of them were fighters (Tekken Tag-5, SC2 and SC3, GGXX, etc) The only saves that hurt to lose were Xmen Legends 1, and GTA 3-SA. The rest look like I can get back over time if I get bored enough.

Anyone have an idea of how I could possibly format this memory card?

bread's done
Back