Memory Stick Duo Recommendations

bigl523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got my PSP in the mail from amazon and I didn't realize that I needed a memory stick to save games, update firmware, etc. So now I need to get one but at the moment I'm only interested in getting a 1gb card as I'm sure prices will continue to drop on the larger sizes. I'm on amazon checking out this one: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memor...WG/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1249682690&sr=8-12

I also read the thread above that talks about fakes. Is this one fake? Is there anywhere else to get one for cheap? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

SanDisk makes high quality memory products. Just buy from a trusted vendor and you should be fine.

As long as you get a legitimate memory stick, it should work fine. I've used memory sticks from all three makers (Sandisk, Lexar, and Sony) and as long as they're not knockoffs, they all function more or less the same.

J&R is a well-known retailer, so you should be fine.

Thanks for the info. I've ordered speakers from J&R before so I trust them but the price just seemed too low for them to be real. I'm going to take a look at some B&M's today to see if I can find anything on clearance and if not I'll snag a card from them.

If all you want is enough room for game saves, get that 1GB stick.

However, if you want large amounts of space, this above linked Micro SD to Memory Stick Pro Duo converter from DX is the way to go.

You can get an 8GB Micro SD for $18.75 with free shipping on Newegg right now, and if you wait it out you can find them for cheaper.

I've read different things about the Micro SD to Memory Stick converter. What I'm going to do is head down to worst buy and pick up the 4gb they are have on sale for $24.99. I'm going to buy it with my Sony Card and then use ~2600 points to get it for free. I knew playing the stupid games would pay off :) Should be good enough to hold me for a while until the high speed 16gb sticks come way down in price. Thanks for the help guys.

i just recently picked up an 8GB sandisk from buy.com for 32 bucks. works great and thats a really good price.

[quote name='jchoi']Wal-Mart has a 4GB for $18. You may want to consider going there instead of Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Can't get the sandisk cards for free. I can do that with the sony cards using my sony points.

[quote name='sublime90']i just recently picked up an 8GB sandisk from buy.com for 32 bucks. works great and thats a really good price.[/QUOTE]
Seconded.

8GB is more than enough to do w/e you want with the psp. And this seems to be the best deal. You really don't need hi-speed pro duos...

There've been numerous threads on here about the subject before, but once again, I'll say that the Photofast MicroSDHC adapter listed above is indeed the way to go if you want cheap, easily-expandable storage for your PSP. I bought one a few months ago with 2 16 GB MicroSDHC cards and have been happy ever since...all without waiting for Sony to come out with a bigger Pro Duo.

I get the 8GB sticks from eBay for like $10 shipped. They are form Hong Kong and 1000% fake but so far so good. I back up my save files semi-regularly but I've not had one fail on me yet...

Spend the extra couple $'s and get a REAL memory stick. The read/write times on the fake ones kill any 'deal' you'll be getting.

bread's done
Back