Men's NCAA Basketball National Championship (who will win?)...

I need UNC to win to win my bracket, but Deron Williams went to school right near my Uncle's house so I'm pretty fond of him. So either way I'll be happy.

[quote name='bil4l']I need UNC to win to win my bracket, but Deron Williams went to school right near my Uncle's house so I'm pretty fond of him. So either way I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

Which is your way of telling yourself it's ok if UNC loses, right?

I really think North Carolina will be able to have good success against Illinois. I would have liked to have seen Petino go against Williams. But I'll settle for Mr. Raspy.

I don't get why everyone is picking UNC to win.

If Illinois plays like they did on Saturday... they're gonna be really tough to beat. Plus with Illinois' offense, they're gonna force May to move around while defending... and fatty will get tired within a few minutes.

But, I'm heavily biased... so, meh.

[quote name='Rich']Which is your way of telling yourself it's ok if UNC loses, right?[/QUOTE]
It's a friendly bracket I'm in with 3 other people, the major pot is only $40 so it's not a big deal. I wouldn't mind seeing Deron Williams win it.

[quote name='magforce x']Big Ten Ruuules....
3 in Elite Eight
2 in Final Four
1 National Champ ......Illini[/QUOTE]

...and UNC beat two of them, and they will sweep the Big Ten and win the National Championship.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']...and UNC beat two of them, and they will sweep the Big Ten and win the National Championship.[/QUOTE]

But, those two other teams sucked and went way further than they ever should have.

[quote name='Lina']But, those two other teams sucked and went way further than they ever should have.[/QUOTE]

Not really, both teams are pretty good and were written off easily because they're in the Big Ten. They took advantage of their opportunities and did extremely well. Don't be dissing the Big Ten, they're better than you think.

The Illini are the first team UNC is playing with a backcourt comparable to their own. The Illini will win what should be a very exciting, close game.

UNC has better players but Illinois plays better as a team. I think this will end up being the difference--which UNC team shows up.

I have only seen Illinois play a few times, but have been impressed every time. I have seen UNC play several times, and they can have a few downers. They have a great offense, but the offenses rarely perform well on the Big Stage. If it comes down to defense, expect Illinois to win. Offense, UNC.

Blah... that ending hurt.

If Illinois just could have knocked down one of those 3's at the end... they probably would have won.

Live by the outside shot... and you die by the outside shot.

Well done by UNC.

That was a really good game. As, a Tarheel fan, I have to admit I was nervous at the beginning, the middle, and the end. When UNC had a 15 point lead, I kept having flashbacks about Illinois coming back on Louisville, so I had a feeling it would happen again. UNC weathered the storm and I can be joyful today!

How about Sean May's 21st birthday? 10/11 from the field, he was unstopable; if UNC had went to him more in the second half, I think it would have prevented most of Illi's comeback. (not as many long rebounds + May was shooting over 90% from the field + more fouls on the other front court = double digit UNC win)

Ingrim off the bench was the most impressive thing from the opposite standpoint... He played a great game, hitting on most of his outside and midrange jumpers; he kept them in the game...

I agree... I don't know why UNC stopped going to May in the 2nd half.

But, that's UNC. They're a rather aggravating team to watch.

So was Illinois, though. They shot 32 threes. Unacceptable.

I really hope the NCAA pushes the 3-point line back soon.

You live by the 3-point shot, you DIE by the 3-point shot...:bomb:

Maybe in another 100 years, Illinois will finally win the Men's NCAA Basketball National Championship...;)

I hate to say I told you so.

The team with more talent won. It's as simple as that. Illinois couldn't hit a shot when it really counted. They had many, many good looks at the basket, but they couldn't put it in. Congrats to UNC and Roy Williams. Two really good teams, and a great game...can't ask for more.

[quote name='Lina']I agree... I don't know why UNC stopped going to May in the 2nd half.

But, that's UNC. They're a rather aggravating team to watch.

So was Illinois, though. They shot 32 threes. Unacceptable.

I really hope the NCAA pushes the 3-point line back soon.[/QUOTE]

They were auctaly 12 for 40 behind the arc. Forty 3's is unheard of, and if I'm not mistaken I think it was 10 more than had ever been attempted in the championship. (this fact via ESPN last night, although I may just have dreamed it up since I was so tired)

i bet illi loved getting away with those illegal screens too...

as everyone probably knows, all they can do is shoot 3's...the only time they attempt penetrating is when they try to kick it out for a 3 :roll:

those screens at the end of the game were a little overboard, but hey, i can't blame them if the refs aren't gonna call it

[quote name='cyberlian']those screens at the end of the game were a little overboard, but hey, i can't blame them if the refs aren't gonna call it[/QUOTE]

Take what you can, that's for sure.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Stop, I know you enjoy rubbing it in...;)[/QUOTE]

Well, if I actually cared about either team, I might rub it in more. My team went out in the sweet sixteen to Arizona. I don't have a whole lot of room to talk anyways.:whistle2:#

bread's done
Back