Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - Gen Discussion & Info

[quote name='yukafls']I noticed that too about the HVT achivement, do you have to not kill all the HVTs???[/quote]

There is an achievement for verifying all the HVTs and then there is another achievement for capturing all of the HVTs alive.

Check your stats. See if you have all the HVTs. One of the final AN/China missions requires you to capture/kill and HVT and the final mission where you get Solano counts as the last HVT.

[quote name='Trakan']Check your stats. See if you have all the HVTs. One of the final AN/China missions requires you to capture/kill and HVT and the final mission where you get Solano counts as the last HVT.[/quote]

But you can't get solano alive, and I have noticed that I only have 3 achievements left and capturing them all alive is not one of them. At weird times in the game I would get an achivement that says "4 for 120" 20g or something like that. I got like 2 or 3 of those the first time I played it and on of them was at the end.

Free DLC on October 13th and paid DLC sometime in November:

The October update, dubbed "Total Payback," will add cheat codes to the game. "Unlock the total-payback power of all weapons, vehicles and airstrikes in Mercenaries 2, as well as everyone's favorite: Infinite Ammo and Infinite Health," exclaims the press release.

In addition, six new playable characters will be added while removing region restrictions from co-operative play. The update will hit Xbox Live on October 13 and the PlayStation Network on October 20. The PC version of the game is already being patched, but the PlayStation 2 version of the game will have to go without updates.

Other than a November release window, no details were provided on the paid downloadable content.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55011

Can you kill all the hvts DURING the last mission?(For the achievment).Do you have to destroy all the buildings too as part of it?

Another question......how do you get the "be connected to EA servers and earn 1million/1billion achievment(s)". It doesnt work for me.

Btw, i have the ps3 version of the game (probably doesnt matter).

[quote name='NTolerance']I'd love to get more info about the DLC, like:

1. Does it allow you to re-play missions after beating the game?
2. Does it have achievements?
3. Does it have any bugfixes?[/quote]

Wouldn't bugfixes require a patch? This is just an add-on. Or are those the same things, really?

[quote name='bmachine']Wouldn't bugfixes require a patch? This is just an add-on. Or are those the same things, really?[/QUOTE]

Who knows, nothing is documented on XBL. Any old schoolers remember changelogs?

What's up with the Palin and Obama DLC? I was just about to start playing this game and it hasn't even been released yet which kinda sucks.

I'm pretty sure they are included in the DLC pack I posted up above. Could be wrong. Just got home and getting ready to try it out though.

As far as I can see so far, this is just mini-games and none of the stuff shows up in the regular game story that I can so. Bogus.

[quote name='bmachine']Wouldn't bugfixes require a patch? This is just an add-on. Or are those the same things, really?[/QUOTE]

The bugfixes were supposed to be part of the Total Payback download they released last month.

Picked this up thanks to the BB deal.

When I started a new game, I immediately got two achievements. Everybody Wants Some!! and Partners in Crime.

Apparently I started a coop game?

Is there a way to play non-coop single player?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Picked this up thanks to the BB deal.

When I started a new game, I immediately got two achievements. Everybody Wants Some!! and Partners in Crime.

Apparently I started a coop game?

Is there a way to play non-coop single player?[/quote]

This game is ridiculously glitchy, I've read that even the acheivements are glitched. I just finished this game and, the game is suppose to automatically log you into EA's servers for co-ops, but again the game is so screwed up half the time its unable to log in.

As for turning off automatically signing into EA's server for co-op, I never tried. Maybe there's an option for it. But, I'm sure you really don't have to worry about anyone randomly joining your game.

its definitely a glitched, but im having a decent time with it. restarted my game so i could get the achievement for not killing the high priority targets.

[quote name='triforcer']its definitely a glitched, but im having a decent time with it. restarted my game so i could get the achievement for not killing the high priority targets.[/quote]

Just got this last week and holy hell is that achievement hard so far (like 5 hours in)! Makes me not want to do any HVT's cause usually the enemy kills their own HVT with grenades or shooting explosive stuff.

[quote name='humidore']Just got this last week and holy hell is that achievement hard so far (like 5 hours in)! Makes me not want to do any HVT's cause usually the enemy kills their own HVT with grenades or shooting explosive stuff.[/quote]

I gave up on not killing them. Just run in, run over them or shoot them, haul ass right back out.

The mission that is killing me is one of the PLAV missions where you have to protect the cathedral. I must have tried that 5 times last night, each time they either blew up the cathedral, i died, or the faction became "hostile" and it ended the mission.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I gave up on not killing them. Just run in, run over them or shoot them, haul ass right back out.

The mission that is killing me is one of the PLAV missions where you have to protect the cathedral. I must have tried that 5 times last night, each time they either blew up the cathedral, i died, or the faction became "hostile" and it ended the mission.[/QUOTE]

Find a buddy and do it co-op if you are having troubles.

This game has been a huge pain in the ass. Im playing all the CHinese levels but I have a quick question. I have yet to play ANY AN levels and the Chinese told me "This is your last mission, kill all the AN" If I do this level, will I miss out on the AN missions? Or do I have to bribe them and fight the chinese first?

[quote name='Ravenous']This game has been a huge pain in the ass. Im playing all the CHinese levels but I have a quick question. I have yet to play ANY AN levels and the Chinese told me "This is your last mission, kill all the AN" If I do this level, will I miss out on the AN missions? Or do I have to bribe them and fight the chinese first?[/QUOTE]

Well I don't want to spoil it, but the Chinese do something that will prevent you from doing any UN missions from then on out.

:lol: Thanks man. Its cool cause it answers my question. My only beef was its gonna cost me a shit load of money to bribe both factions. A good 50 mil.

I think whats pissing me off in the game is I cant do anything without losing tons of money and getting needlessly killed. The game is also real glitchy with me falling into crumbled buildings. Plus I love doing missions and blowing up some idiot soldier on my side and they turn on me. Or Driving around and running over one by accident and everyone turning.

All in all the game seems to be worth the $10 Target price :)

[quote name='Ravenous']:lol: Thanks man. Its cool cause it answers my question. My only beef was its gonna cost me a shit load of money to bribe both factions. A good 50 mil.

I think whats pissing me off in the game is I cant do anything without losing tons of money and getting needlessly killed. The game is also real glitchy with me falling into crumbled buildings. Plus I love doing missions and blowing up some idiot soldier on my side and they turn on me. Or Driving around and running over one by accident and everyone turning.

All in all the game seems to be worth the $10 Target price :)[/QUOTE]

You can do what you need to if you balance it out. Kill a couple of UN guys, then go kill some Chinese, then some rebels, etc. Eventually you can either piss them all off, or get them all on your side. The game is full of glitches, but it's fun as all hell for the price.

Are you guys getting a menu freeze as you start up the game? I'm getting the freeze on the ps3 but curious if its on the 360 version too. Seems to be a problem with the EA server.

i noticed two days ago it had problems connecting to the ea servers, seems to work fine now. i was able to play by myself. i'm on the 360 though.

I just opened this up and was getting the menu freeze (360 version). Hopefully it clears up at some point. Teach me to have a HUGE backlog, but glad CAG had some info on what was going on.

[quote name='pulsar0510']I just opened this up and was getting the menu freeze (360 version). Hopefully it clears up at some point. Teach me to have a HUGE backlog, but glad CAG had some info on what was going on.[/QUOTE]

I had this same problem and I was able to fix it by turning off my wireless adapter and getting off of XBL. I guess some copies of the game try to connect to EA servers and crash. It was able to play through it (with other assorted crashes and issues) but I was unable to play online.:bomb:

It was a fun game, but it would have been much better if it hadn't been so broken.

Anyone still have this game? I want to do a couple of MP achievements. 20 Air Strikes, 200 objects from gunner seat, 1st in co-op race.

I'm on all day today. Hit me up, Bizarro13

Oh man I was getting lock ups as well before I could get the game started. So yeah I fixed it by unplugging the Ethernet cable and starting my game, plugging it back in and then signing on xbox live. The thing that really annoys me is that the enemies have to tell you literally what they're planning on doing (Cover me I'm going for that unmanned weapon).

[quote name='Spybreak8']Oh man I was getting lock ups as well before I could get the game started. So yeah I fixed it by unplugging the Ethernet cable and starting my game, plugging it back in and then signing on xbox live. The thing that really annoys me is that the enemies have to tell you literally what they're planning on doing (Cover me I'm going for that unmanned weapon).[/QUOTE]

Lol. Right now what pisses me off the most is when I try to capture HVTs are they are either on rocks and walk off and die, or they have rpgs on platforms and they shoot and blow themselves up.

I got a coop race done today but couldn't get artillery strike or the 200 objects from gunner seat done. Probably glitched, not sure.

[quote name='mike.m']Lol. Right now what pisses me off the most is when I try to capture HVTs are they are either on rocks and walk off and die, or they have rpgs on platforms and they shoot and blow themselves up.

I got a coop race done today but couldn't get artillery strike or the 200 objects from gunner seat done. Probably glitched, not sure.[/QUOTE]

Lol one time I was capturing a HVT and just as I got him subdued the enemy threw a grenade at me which landed on his back. OH fCK! Boom, ahh crap. Damn it stupid henchmen! Oh well, verified.:roll:

bread's done
Back