Mercury Meltdown for Wii - $19.99

Cool. I think the first good game that is released for $20 will sell extremely well... and hopefully that will send a signal to other publishers to follow suit.

Hmm.....either way, I saved a few cents going with EB because I got free shipping but was charged tax. Amazon charges a higher shipping rate than EB charges tax, so either way I saved some moola (heh, not much).

BestBuy and Walmart both list the game at $30.

lol @ Sega Dreamcast Age of Empires II.

I might buy this for $15 a/c at best buy on release...maybe. Kororinpa is extremely popular around the house these days....

Simple. GameStop simply reuses old links for New titles that are being occupied for Used titles. That game never even came out on Dreamcast. XD It's also why Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End for Wii comes up for a different Dreamcast listed item.

Amazon prime = no cost 2nd day shipping and no tax.

The problem is that this game gets the release date changed every few weeks. I have had it on order since early May and the release date has changed 3 times.

Also - careful with Buy.com - they just don't deliver.

FamilyVideo.com has it for $19.99 with 99 cent shipping. Use coupon code [SIZE=-1]NEWPGMEM to knock $5 off of that and bring the total to $15.98.
[/SIZE]

I just got to get out of the shadows to comment on InvaderZim's post. Buy.com has given me nothing but great service. I've always get free shipping from them and it's not unusual to get the stuff I order two days after. Maybe you had bad luck with your distribution center ? I live in El Paso, TX.

Familyvideo.com still has a release date of June 27th. Is this wrong ?

Availability: This product will be in stock and ready to ship on Wednesday 27 June, 2007.

Buy.com hasnt been too "friendly" to me lately with pre-orders, so I given up on them for now. Granted I doubt Mercury Meltdown is a potential sellout, but Buy.com's customer service has been godly awful for me.

[quote name='gamer4432']Buy.com hasnt been too "friendly" to me lately with pre-orders, so I given up on them for now.[/quote] Ah, well, there's that...I haven't ever preordered from them, so we'll see how that goes. For $9 shipped, I'll give it a shot.

[quote name='eugaet']That's what I ended up doing a few days ago. $8.99 if you go with GCO. I was going to post about it, but someone beat me to it. :)

I also haven't ever had a problem w/ Buy.com. I've been ordering from them for years.[/quote]

GCO is still going??!

btw I just got this game yesterday from the tru deal on psp tho

Yeah, I gotta say, Buy.com is a little slow sometimes, but they've always delivered. I'm in for a preorder from them for $8.99 shipped.

[quote name='eugaet']Yes, at Buy.com anyway. I think it's over everywhere else.[/quote]

holy crap...now ive gotta look up a bunch of (cheap) games to use this on

thank you, fellow CAGists

Game Crazy also has it for $19.99. May be a good combo to the extra 50% trade-in deal.

to all those with the psp version (of the same name of course) do you think losing the multi is worth gaining the motion sensitivity?

Preordered through Amazon.

I could never get Buy.com + GCO to work. This is the price I was hoping to pay, and I'm glad to support Wii titles coming out at this pricepoint.

I dunno if anyone's still looking or whatever, but Deep Discount has it for $18.99 with free shipping.

It's humorously sad, I cancelled my Amazon order and re-ordered it at Deep Discount to save one little dollar.

[quote name='dstan']I dunno if anyone's still looking or whatever, but Deep Discount has it for $18.99 with free shipping.

It's humorously sad, I cancelled my Amazon order and re-ordered it at Deep Discount to save one little dollar.[/QUOTE]

Not sad, you are a true CAG

I was looking at the screenshots of this game, it looks like XBL quality. Not sure if it's even worth $10, hm. If I'm wrong then I miss out on this game, oh well.

[quote name='azortex']I was looking at the screenshots of this game, it looks like XBL quality. Not sure if it's even worth $10, hm. If I'm wrong then I miss out on this game, oh well.[/quote] Judge books by their covers much? ;)

[quote name='fshaia']Got it for $15.98 shipped at family video with the $5 off new customer coupon[/quote]

Huh? How is this or the deepdiscount price more appealing than buy.com with GCO? Even though they took free shipping off this game, it's still only $13.39 shipped.

The CAG in me gets all riled up if I see someone pay even a dollar more than they have to. I also don't see how you can go wrong for $9 to $15, even if this looks like XBL to you - that's not much more than you would pay for an XBL download, and by all accounts this is much more well-rounded than anything on XBL.

[quote name='mephitical']Huh? How is this or the deepdiscount price more appealing than buy.com with GCO? Even though they took free shipping off this game, it's still only $13.39 shipped.

The CAG in me gets all riled up if I see someone pay even a dollar more than they have to. I also don't see how you can go wrong for $9 to $15, even if this looks like XBL to you - that's not much more than you would pay for an XBL download, and by all accounts this is much more well-rounded than anything on XBL.[/quote]

Well, if you already used GCO, then it is not as great a deal.

[quote name='fshaia']Well, if you already used GCO, then it is not as great a deal.[/quote]
GCO is only limited by your email address. Email addresses are free, which makes them a great deal! When you click the GCO button on buy.com, create a new account with a new email address.

[quote name='mephitical']GCO is only limited by your email address. Email addresses are free, which makes them a great deal! When you click the GCO button on buy.com, create a new account with a new email address.[/quote]

Even if I did use GCO, I live in CA, so I have to pay sales tax, so as of right now, it would still cost me $15.20, not worth canceling my order with Family videos and reordering with buy.com with google checkout for 78 cents

[quote name='fshaia']Even if I did use GCO, I live in CA, so I have to pay sales tax, so as of right now, it would still cost me $15.20, not worth canceling my order with Family videos and reordering with buy.com with google checkout for 78 cents[/QUOTE]

Don't you know how long you could feed an ethopian villiage for 78 cents?

[quote name='fshaia']Even if I did use GCO, I live in CA, so I have to pay sales tax, so as of right now, it would still cost me $15.20, not worth canceling my order with Family videos and reordering with buy.com with google checkout for 78 cents[/quote]That's cool - I wouldn't have expected you to cancel your order for 78 cents, although you could sponsor a chimpanzee with that, or at least a chimpanzee's leg or something. I just thought I'd post that the deal was still sort of on at buy.com too for anyone who hadn't bought it yet.

Aww, no more free shipping. Still, it only costs $13.39 and hopefully there will be some "Wii trade 2, get 1" later on.

[quote name='Police']Can someone explain to me what a "GCO" is? :O[/quote]
Google Checkout. Go to Buy.com and look for the $10 off $10 Google Checkout promo banner near the top.

It is a good game - even better price when buy.com has it in stock from their own warehouses, which is often. It's still $18.99 with free shipping (no additional purchase needed) and -$10GCO puts it at $8.99 shipped. When they have it in stock, if you can wait.

Game Party for the Wii will be like this in a couple weeks when it's released - buy.com finally disabled GCO on preorders so you have to wait until after it's released, but $10 shipped for a new game is hard to beat. Yes, the game is probably terrible, but if even one game in the compilation is fun it will be worth it to me.

Ordered it through Amazon.com, as with Prime, it's the cheapest to deal with without trying another GCO mess, with saving tax figured in. Plus, Buy.com hasn't impressed me with their service of late on some video game shipments.

bread's done
Back