Metal Gear Ac!d 2-Pre-order $23.99 at Outpost.com

Wow, I thought it was a good deal at $29.99 preordering for MGA 2... THANKS A TON OP!

Untold Legends 2 dosen't have free shipping, so I'm not saving much money, so I'm going to have to pass.

damn if only UL had free shipping, i guess ill force myself to play through metal gear acid one to be ready for part 2 though

Edit: Nevermind. I thought I originally preordered for $24.99, but it was $29.99.

Canceling and reordering. Thanks OP!

Why no Mega Man Powered Up Outpost!?!?

That's a good deal.

However, if it's anything like the Ys and Generations of Chaos deals then don't expect your game anytime around the release date. :p

I haven't bought a PSP yet but with the recent drop I'm thinking I may start buying a few games while they're cheap. Guess I'm in for MGA2, I'm kinda upset I didn't do the same with Katamari though. Thanks OP

I just called up and they adjusted the price to $23.99 on my $29.99 order. I would do this for those of you who have previously ordered because they said if you cancel and reorder then it puts you at the bottom of the list to get it. If you just get the price adjusted then you are still in the same spot on the waitlist as before. He said as of right now, they have preordered more than their first shipment, but the second shipment is showing as coming in on 3/27.

[quote name='tubtub']I just called up and they adjusted the price to $23.99 on my $29.99 order. I would do this for those of you who have previously ordered because they said if you cancel and reorder then it puts you at the bottom of the list to get it. If you just get the price adjusted then you are still in the same spot on the waitlist as before. He said as of right now, they have preordered more than their first shipment, but the second shipment is showing as coming in on 3/27.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Damn this is a great deal.

[quote name='tubtub']I just called up and they adjusted the price to $23.99 on my $29.99 order. I would do this for those of you who have previously ordered because they said if you cancel and reorder then it puts you at the bottom of the list to get it. If you just get the price adjusted then you are still in the same spot on the waitlist as before. He said as of right now, they have preordered more than their first shipment, but the second shipment is showing as coming in on 3/27.[/QUOTE]Thanks, but I already wrote them an email. I'm in no hurry, so I can wait.

I wasn't planning on getting this because I'm still waiting for a drop on MGA 1, but at his price even if I don't like it, I can nearly get back what I paid for it.

Cool, this will make a good (quality and price) game for when I finally get my free PSP. Does anyone know if this actually will be released on the 21st or 28th?

hmm... since I already placed my order, I think I will give them a call to get a price adjust... I don't want to go to the bottom of their list, so I'll have to do it this way. Huge thanks OP.

[quote name='b3b0p']Thanks, but I already wrote them an email. I'm in no hurry, so I can wait.[/QUOTE]

Same... I didn't have time this morning to sit on the phone with them, I don't care when I get it as long as I get it.

it should come with them, since the game uses them half the time even thoguh it is optional.

I just called and had my order changed... man, I wouldn't be surprised to see this lower to $15 before the week is over. lol

[quote name='lobitoh']this game comes with the solid eye right?[/quote]

Yes.

Man. Can it go cheaper? Do I risk missing this deal? Hmm.

WTF, i called in and wanted to get it adjusted, but he said that if i did, it would put me in the back of the line...i asked him if he was sure...he said he'll go check, and he did...he came back and confirmed that i would be put in the back of the line...

i did it anyway, but was pissed that other people got to keep their spot when i preordered it on March 8...

[quote name='WebScud']
Man. Can it go cheaper? Do I risk missing this deal? Hmm.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe Metal Gear Acid went cheaper... still saw the damn thing stickered at $39.99 at Best Buy yesterday.

$24.99 is as low as MGA 2 will go in a long long time... no tax / free shipping is a major plus too.

[quote name='Roufuss']I don't believe Metal Gear Acid went cheaper... still saw the damn thing stickered at $39.99 at Best Buy yesterday.

$24.99 is as low as MGA 2 will go in a long long time... no tax / free shipping is a major plus too.[/quote]
I assume this deal either ends Sunday or on shp date right? I need to figure out my budget for the month. As I'm only now getting a job after my recent leave I can't spend much, I must save.

[quote name='Roufuss']I don't believe Metal Gear Acid went cheaper... still saw the damn thing stickered at $39.99 at Best Buy yesterday.

$24.99 is as low as MGA 2 will go in a long long time... no tax / free shipping is a major plus too.[/quote]

All I needed was someone to tell me to buy it. Thanks. ;)

Wow, thanks a ton OP! Looks like I got in right before they raised the price to $30 (which is what is now).

How can they afford to sell this and Katamari at such insane prices? In any case, it fucking rocks.

[quote name='swetooth9']anyone else who called get told that you'd have to get at the end of the line again?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, maybe the guy I talked to didn't know what he was talking about since a few people were told that. I don't know why they would put you at the back of the line, though. I just checked my order and it still shows it as being ordered 3/9 and its the same order number, just a new price. We'll find out soon, though.

FFS, I was about to place an order after I finally rationalized that $25 is a great price for a new handheld game considering I had no problems paying around that much for GBA games a couple of years ago.

OT: I noticed Kotaku has some pics of the Solid Eye up.

seye15le.jpg
seye29is.jpg

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/metal-gear-solid-acid-2/acid-2s-solid-eye-in-my-hands-161281.php

I actually had in mind that it would be a solid piece of plastic, similar to the logitech playgear case in build, but this is okay, considering I thought it would either cost extra or raise the price of the game.

I think many people hoped it would be better constructed even if they knew it was just cardboard (the thought never crossed my mind that it would be anything other than that), the one they originally showed looks like it had a more sturdy design/engineering that might support a little extra pressure, this one looks like you'll be lucky to still have it in a month.

[quote name='tubtub']Hmm, maybe the guy I talked to didn't know what he was talking about since a few people were told that. I don't know why they would put you at the back of the line, though. I just checked my order and it still shows it as being ordered 3/9 and its the same order number, just a new price. We'll find out soon, though.[/quote]

mine has the same date and order number as it did before as well...did you actually ask the person if you would be bumped back to the end of the line or did you just assume that since the order number and date of order were the same that you didnt get bumped back? i asked him that and he said yes, that i would have to be bumped back...

[quote name='swetooth9']mine has the same date and order number as it did before as well...did you actually ask the person if you would be bumped back to the end of the line or did you just assume that since the order number and date of order were the same that you didnt get bumped back? i asked him that and he said yes, that i would have to be bumped back...[/QUOTE]

I asked him if it was better to cancel and reorder or if they were able to just adjust the price without reordering. He said he could just adjust the price and I asked if it would make me go to the end of the line. He said I would be in the same spot as before. He then said I may get it next week as it comes out then, but they had a second shipment due 3/27, also.

man.. am I happy i jumped in on time... i almost didnt...

as for the solid eye peice being card board... you should of looked here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75430&page=3

it was discussed for a little while.

Yes, I'm pissed that it's not plastic, but the whole 3 thing is not why I bought it anyway. Also, if this one breaks on you, you can easily make one out of a box at home... punch holes in it and there ya go.

oh, and forgot to mention... the game's release date got changed from the 28th to the 21st. just go to the link in my sig if proof is needed.

bread's done
Back