Metal Gear HD Collection @ Newegg- $27.99 FS

[quote name='mr_burnzz']What makes you guys think that this will be 'rare'? I don't think it's feasible to think that this hd collection for ps3 will ever be totally sold out. Maybe years down the road but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. I remember some were saying that about catherine and some other games. Valkyria chronicles..mmm..Some others I can't recall.

I think it's a good price but to say that you won't be able to buy it new ever again is unlikely. I base this on nothing.

I own this and 3 looks wonderful on it as does peace walker. 2 has not really aged well. Kind of hard to play as opposed to 3 and peace walker.[/QUOTE]

This post is full of ignorance as to HOW HARD this has been get a copy of for a long time. You know it's consistently sold out for long stretches of time and gets all snatched up as soon as more copies appear, right?

I just want a copy to play, and it's probably hard to get a hold of BECAUSE of speculative profiteers grabbing them all, so that's a shame.

[quote name='Vegan']This post is full of ignorance as to HOW HARD this has been get a copy of for a long time. You know it's consistently sold out for long stretches of time and gets all snatched up as soon as more copies appear, right?

I just want a copy to play, and it's probably hard to get a hold of BECAUSE of speculative profiteers grabbing them all, so that's a shame.[/QUOTE]

uhh the game was only sold out online from the main retailers for like 2 weeks. Every retailer is getting more stock now. If you call $29.99 rare then I guess.

It's on kmart for $29.99 plus $0.99 cents shipping. And Konami store has it for 29.99. It just came back instock on amazon two days ago as well as today on newegg for a few hours. And amazon is due to get more shipments in soon. Keep thinking this is rare.

I bet you amazon sells out of all the inventory they get and restocks it again.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I did some research on it and there are plenty flippers for this game. Check this shiznit out. Guy had it shielded and graded like a comic..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS3-Metal-G...9994?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a2a9b096a

I guess I am having doubts about my initial post but right now, I don't think this game is too hard to come by. Pretty sure I've seen it at my local GS and my sony store as well. Somebody get a crystal ball.[/QUOTE]

Not even looking at it I know that's the VGA. They Slab games in acrylic casing. Pay no attention to that though. In no way does that reflect the market value. VGA has also come under heavy criticism lately about their process.

[quote name='needler420']Not even looking at it I know that's the VGA. They Slab games in acrylic casing. Pay no attention to that though. In no way does that reflect the market value. VGA has also come under heavy criticism lately about their process.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be funny if someone bought a really expensive game (VGA rated gold level 100), and happened to open it up to discover a blank disc inside? j/k

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Indiana Jones']You just freaked me out since I bought it from them too but didn't open it. So I checked it out and it was in the case.[/QUOTE]
Luckily they've agreed to refund me.
Now it's a matter of ordering from them again or directly from Konami.
I'll check out their shipping costs in a bit and decide.

[quote name='Vegan']This post is full of ignorance as to HOW HARD this has been get a copy of for a long time. You know it's consistently sold out for long stretches of time and gets all snatched up as soon as more copies appear, right?

I just want a copy to play, and it's probably hard to get a hold of BECAUSE of speculative profiteers grabbing them all, so that's a shame.[/QUOTE]

This game is not that expensive and I have seen it at numerous B&M retailers over the past few months. It's amazing that people blame flippers for everything. Hell, the new copies from third-party sellers on Amazon are under $40 shipped (two have it for $36.99 with free shipping) at the moment and will cost only $30 something for a used copy.

[quote name='cobaltD']Looks like both the 360 and Ps3 versions are back in stock....if anyone even cares anymore[/QUOTE]

Thanks, no tax+free shipping. Even though I still had some faith I'd see this cheaper, seems like it simply just won't drop. I regret not buying the LE, but I'm done waiting for this game to get cheaper, guess I'm biting.

[quote name='cobaltD']Looks like both the 360 and Ps3 versions are back in stock....if anyone even cares anymore[/QUOTE]

I see an order cancellation in my future, but thanks.

[quote name='11440']I see an order cancellation in my future, but thanks.[/QUOTE]

yup it's out of stock again, they must have gotten just 1 back or something

[quote name='jrr6415sun']yup it's out of stock again, they must have gotten just 1 back or something[/QUOTE]

There was 9 in stock when I bought mine. So guess we'll see if we receive the cancellation notice, they didn't go fast at all. I was up for about 2-3 hours and they still had 4-5 for sale.

[quote name='eXiON']There was 9 in stock when I bought mine. So guess we'll see if we receive the cancellation notice, they didn't go fast at all. I was up for about 2-3 hours and they still had 4-5 for sale.[/QUOTE]

Well it's only $3 more dollars on amazon for a copy shipped so that's probably why. Wouldn't be surprised if amazon gets more stock still.

People jumped the gun with it being rare. You heard more this is is going to be uber rarez compared to MGS is a great quality game.

[quote name='needler420']Well it's only $3 more dollars on amazon for a copy shipped so that's probably why. Wouldn't be surprised if amazon gets more stock still.

People jumped the gun with it being rare. You heard more this is is going to be uber rarez compared to MGS is a great quality game.[/QUOTE]

No one jumped the gun about it being rare. The PS3 version is in fact, OOP. When Amazon or Newegg get more in, notice they only restock just a small handful. These are the last remnants they are getting rid of as they locate them from their own inventory or are able to acquire what's left from wholesalers/distributors. And this is just Amazon and Newegg doing this, mind you.

Point is...Konami isn't printing/manufacturing any more. Get them new while you can.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']While these are somewhat rare, this game is also on the PSN store digitally. So that's an option. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was my last resort. I love collecting games almost as much as playing them, so I really wanted a physical copy. I think it's still $39.99 on PSN though right?

[quote name='roedaniel19']Yeah, that was my last resort. I love collecting games almost as much as playing them, so I really wanted a physical copy. I think it's still $39.99 on PSN though right?[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure what the price on PSN is, but it can be gameshared. ;)

Another thing to keep in mind about the existence of the digital copy... it might give Konami one more reason not to do another printing.

How does gamesharing work anyway?
Is it just logging into someone's account and downloading whatever digital content they have? Do I get access to it even when I'm logged into my own account? Does the same apply to online play?

bread's done
Back