Metal Gear movie confirmed!

nachzeher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
121 (100%)
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/fs/20070214/117148504900.html

Sony Hauls Out METAL GEAR
Wednesday February 14 12:30 PM ET

The hit PlayStation title is moving over to another Sony division, as producer Michael De Luca prepares to produce Metal Gear Solid, the movie.

By Dennis Michael, FilmStew.com

Sony Chairman Yair Landau made the announcement this week at the DICE videogame trade show in Las Vegas: Metal Gear Solid is going to be a movie.

ADVERTISEMENT
The title has become a staple of the vidgame biz since its first incarnation, Metal Gear, came out in 1987. There have been three updates since with a fourth title expected to run on PlayStation 3 later this year. The storyline of the game follows both futuristic warfare and the political intrigue behind it, and is said to have a general anti war message, despite the digital violence that marks the action.

A film adaptation for Metal Gear Solid has been rumored for the last year, but now negotiations have completed, and the project is ready to boot up.

I don’t have much hope for this movie already, because if you played all the games and loved them like I do you will not like the movie. Since david hayter the voice of soild snake is not much of a action hero I doubt he is going to play the part of snake in the movie. I my opinion not haveing soild snakes gravely voice that I’ve gotten used to for the past 9 years will make the film unwatchable.

Eric Bana as Snake FTW.

mgs2002ic1.jpg

ericbanagd2.jpg

ericbana2am0.jpg

The only person that I will come close to accept as snake is the guy that played snake plisken in the escape from LA

Actually, Hayter looks close enough to the younger version of Snake. Not sure how good of an actor he is, but he could definitely pull off the look.

[quote name='dpatel']Actually, Hayter looks close enough to the younger version of Snake. Not sure how good of an actor he is, but he could definitely pull off the look.[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Agreed.[/quote]

Yeah, just don't expect it... If this is going to be some big hollywood production, they're probably going to go for the gusto and want to hire some bigger names, rather than appealing to the gamer crowd. Which means it will probably suck.

[quote name='Metal Boss']Yeah, just don't expect it... If this is going to be some big hollywood production, they're probably going to go for the gusto and want to hire some bigger names, rather than appealing to the gamer crowd. Which means it will probably suck.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, get ready for Nicholas Cage.

[quote name='The Crotch']Because you guys are too lazy to put up actual pictures of the person you're talking about: [/quote]

hayterdavidyd8.jpg

[quote name='Strell']Uwe Boll FTW?

Uwe Boll indeed FTW.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure Kojima himself said Uwe Boll wouldn't have anything to do with the Metal Gear movie.

[quote name='62t']All i want is Sean Connery as Big Boss[/QUOTE]

Wtf.

He'd be a perfect Revolver Ocelot.

DISCUSSION OVER.

[quote name='Strell']Wtf.

He'd be a perfect Revolver Ocelot.

DISCUSSION OVER.[/QUOTE]
meh they only change his appearance in MGS3:S port of the original MG. Sean Connery is better as Big Boss

It could be a good movie depends on how they make it of course. IMO a movie based off of MGS would be somewhat hard to make. It IMO would be hard to recreate the environment, and atmosphere of the game in the movie.

[quote name='Kendro']Eric Bana as Snake FTW.

mgs2002ic1.jpg

ericbanagd2.jpg

ericbana2am0.jpg
[/quote]

WRONG!

Hugh Jackman as Snake FTW

mgs2002ic1.jpg

jackman.jpg

Jackman as Wolverine = the persona of Solid Snake, PERFECT! Eric Bana's acting in Incredible Hulk was too over the top. He almost had to force it out of himself to have that bad boy charisma. It wasn't as full and natural as Jackman's badass Wolverine personality.

CAST CONFIRMED!!!!

Solid Snake: Eddie Murphy
Liquid Snake: Eddie Murphy
Revolver Ocelot: Eddie Murphy
Psycho Mantis: Eddie Murphy
Otacon: Eddie Murphy
Meryl Silverburgh: Eddie Murphy
Sniper Wolf: Eddie Murphy
Vulcan Raven: Eddie Murphy
Grey Fox: Eddie Murphy
Roy Campbell: Eddie Murphy
Mei Ling: Eddie Murphy
Naomi Hunter: Eddie Murphy
Metal Gear Rex: Adam Sandler

(lol, I found that on another forum and laughed hystarically)

bread's done
Back