Metal Gear "NEXT" Discussion

HCHecxz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
2 faces appears on Kojima's teaser site....

s320x240

Along with a rumored "Big Boss" pic, now supposedly "Raiden" has appeared along with a new teaser site within that one that of a picture with 2 masks, one of them looks shattered, though there is nothing in the source code of the Mask site talking about Metal Gear....so could "MASK" be a new series altogether?

"NEXT" Teaser Site - http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/index.html
"MASK" Teaser Site - http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mask/

Back to Metal Gear...

Rumors are flying this is Cyborg Raiden's origin story....

Then there's rumors that it could be Gray Fox's origin story....that "Raiden" is actually Grey Fox, which could be true if that is in fact "Big Boss" considering how young he looks and how he looks more 70'ish War torn in that pic.

Then some are saying that "Big Boss" could be "Solidus Snake" which is hard to believe but quite possible if in fact they are using that pic as just a flashback reference when Raiden was young and did merc' jobs as a young boy for Solidus.

Heck, some are even saying that "Raiden" could be Olga (MGS2) with the screws in the head at the same spot where she was shot dead on towards the end of MGS2.

Even so crazy, some are saying that could be Sunny....which I doubt considering the nature of how Sunny is brought up by Otacon, It would seem she would end up like a scientist of sorts.

Either way, the clock ticks and E3 is around the corner, and this fanboy is happy as hell for the next chapter of the Metal Gear Saga on the PS3 :)

What's your thoughts, guesses, or ideas on the upcoming game?

-------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. here's a better quality pic of "Big Boss" & "Raiden" if you want a nice wallpaper, I made it myself http://pics.livejournal.com/hardcorehecxz/pic/00001apq

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone in the Kotaku post comments posted a picture that shows that the mask fits perfectly over Raiden's (or whoever it is) face perfectly.

At this point it could be anything really. Let's just hope it's not another iPhone game and something for the PS3 (because I want it :applause:)

There is a topic on this in the "Gaming Industry" forum (since it hasn't been officially announced for any platform).

Someone there posted an overlay of Raiden/Mask. It's interesting, but i don't know if i'd speculate they are related.

If it's either kart racing or Smash Bros. type bullshit, I will quit gaming forever.

Seriously, I just want the first two MSX/NES games remade. What good is such a deep and engrossing story in the Solid series if the original two games have such hokey barebones stories? Konami has to remake those old games.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']If it's either kart racing or Smash Bros. type bullshit, I will quit gaming forever.

Seriously, I just want the first two MSX/NES games remade. What good is such a deep and engrossing story in the Solid series if the original two games have such hokey barebones stories? Konami has to remake those old games.[/QUOTE]
Wasn't Metal Gear Solid pretty much a remake of Metal Gear 2?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Qore "leaked" that a new Metal Gear PSP game is coming. I bet this is related.[/QUOTE]

I thinking the same thing. It seems like it's a little too early for a console MGS game, since MGS4 isn't even a year old yet.

I don't think it would be Solidus when Raider was a child soldier. Solidus didn't lose his eye (and resemble Big Boss even more) until MGS2 right?

[quote name='nbballard']quickly!!! Somebody hide this thread before the 360 people find it and start taunting us!!! :)[/QUOTE]

agree.. there are no MGS games for PS3... someone please hide this thread... this is embarrasing..

bread's done
Back