Metal Gear Saga DVD shortage for MGS3 Subsistance Preorders

kelleywong10154

CAG Veteran
Just wanted to give heads up that there might be shortages at your local EB, or Gamestop of the Metal Gear Saga bonus DVD for those who still haven't picked it up yet. I went to pick up my preorder copy of Subsistance LE but didn't receive the saga dvd over at my local EB Games. They told me they didn't get any shipment of the saga dvd at all and there were 40 preorders of the game and none of them are going to get the saga dvd. My friend also told me his preorder of Subsistance LE over at gamestop didn't get any shipment of the saga dvd as well. So yeah, I guess we weren't too lucky on getting the bonus offers. Not sure if this applies to other areas, but just wanted to let ppl for those who still haven't picked up the saga dvd may not even get it.

Mine is shipping from GS.com now. If I don't get the Saga disc I will be seriously pissed. I preordered that shit back on Feb. 3rd.

I managed to get the last one at the EB where I preordered today when I picked up my copy of the LE

I called the Gamestop I preordered from and got it like last weekish. If I find some extras, I will let you all know looking for them.

That would be great Kendal thanks

I think that Konami really dropped the ball on this one, I hope that in the future (i.e. Suikoden 5 next week) that they get their act together

[quote name='Kuma']That would be great Kendal thanks

I think that Konami really dropped the ball on this one, I hope that in the future (i.e. Suikoden 5 next week) that they get their act together[/QUOTE]With the Metal Gear Saga DVD's? I know people are saying that there isn't enough DVD's for pre-orders. But in the Kojima Productions Report, Ryan(the host) and guy who put together Sagas said they made a crap load. He said something like he heard rumors about people saying it's rare but it isn't cause he was unsure if they might of made to many copies. Didn't say how many exactly though.

My EB called me today and told me I wasn't able to get my preorder. They said they called other stores and they too only got 1-2 copies, which is really dumb. You'd expect them to fill the preorder because that was the point in doing so. They told me to call back tomorrow because they're going to hear from their DM and see what they can do. If I'm not going to be able to get it, I'll probably cancel my pre-order and use it on another game..Suikoden V maybe.

I too preordered this game when CAG got wind of what was to come.

Reality's Fringe]I must have missed something said:
It's getting 100 + because its rare and extremely limited, a day after it was put out.

Most EB's / GS's got enough copies for preorders + 1 extra, with stores not even receiving enough for preorders, or not even getting any at all.

Finding one today at an EB / GS would take a miracle.

well, eb told me each store received no more than 5 metal gear saga dvd's before the game came out, and they only gave it to ppl who were preordering at the time WHEN they had the actual bonus dvd copies. And if you preordered and didn't receive the saga dvd, it meant they didn't have anymore to give out, or so the manager told me. They took everybody's phone numbers who've preordered the game and didn't get the bonus dvd in a list and said they'll give us a call after they contacted their headquarters about getting more bonus dvd's. Yeah I'm pretty sure, they aren't gonna do anything about it.... and yeah, $100+ for the LE on ebay is insane!! hahaha

I did not realize how out of hand this was getting. I never thought the game would be come so valueable overnight.

So, I checked ebay for curiosity. I must say, I am tempted.

At first search just now, I saw an auction for just the LE and DVD for OVER!!! $200. I watched one last night end at just a hair under $180.

I did a completed auctions search, and without the DVD it seems about the average price is about $120-$130. With the DVD it looks to be about $150.

Tempting, but I hate ebay. I hate PayPal. And I don't want to go through the trouble of listing it now. Plus, I had inentions of opening, playing, and enjoying. So, I'll have to pass this capitalist opportunity as I preordered for a reason, to get the LE and Saga DVD. If I sell, I don't think I'll be able to replace them.

[quote name='Madskills1182']I got one without even preordering. I guess it just depends on the EB/GS[/QUOTE]

You are the luckiest bastard ever

Hmm, I think I'll check my game crazy stores too about the bonus dvd. And the LE going for 100-200 bucks on ebay is just too crazy. I think ppl are better off just getting the regular copy at fry's for $23.99 (so tempted to get that over the LE after not getting my bonus dvd) they're not really missing much from the LE compared to the regular version, but I know collectors out there are gonna try their best to get their hands on the LE and ebay sellers will take advantage of that.

bread's done
Back