Metal Gear Solid 3 Questions

CrimsonGeist

CAGiversary!
1. What is the Patriot? I mean is it a costume or what?
2. PM me the big "surprise". I have no idea what the big surprise is because I had assumed right most of the stuff that would happen in the game. PM me what was supposed to be the big surprise.

The big surprise is the ending? Cool. Do stuff like the tuxedo and snake camouflage give infinite ammo or stealth. Because that would be cool.

[quote name='CrimsonGeist']The big surprise is the ending? Cool. Do stuff like the tuxedo and snake camouflage give infinite ammo or stealth. Because that would be cool.[/quote]

The patriot has infinite ammo. The Tuxedo kinda sucks because you can't CQC in it. I will be getting the Snake Camo tomorrow sometime (gotta get to the Boss again, and am just heading to the mountains).

To get infinite ammo, I heard you have to shoot every frog in the game. The problem with this is that the frog in Sokrovenno North has yet to be found (even the guides are wrong on its location)

and the ending is the big suprise. It ties all the games together and makes for a fitting end. The more I play, the higher this game ranks all time. Right now, it is def. GOTY, if I keep playing, it may just turn out to be my game of this generation. It is that good

Argh! Instead of playing mgs3, I am working on my paper that I have to present today. Won't get to play tonight either because I have to study for my math test. :cry:

Can't wait till Thanksgiving, then maybe I can have some time to play more mgs3. :wink:

I have this 15pg essay due Wednesday. The teacher wanted us to be done writing everything by Tuesday. Luckily, I had a fever and din't go to school today. I just gotta write like 10 more pgs. Lol.

Im up to the part where you meet the Soviet scientist, the fat one thats drinking from the canteen. Am I close to the end or what? Or do I still got like 10 hours to go?

[quote name='CrimsonGeist']I have this 15pg essay due Wednesday. The teacher wanted us to be done writing everything by Tuesday. Luckily, I had a fever and din't go to school today. I just gotta write like 10 more pgs. Lol.

Im up to the part where you meet the Soviet scientist, the fat one thats drinking from the canteen. Am I close to the end or what? Or do I still got like 10 hours to go?[/quote]

you still got like 10 more hours to go

I finished the game yesterday, and I started a continued new game. I wanted to make the difficulty hard but there was no option for it. I saved to see if it just goes up a level automatically but it said "NORMAL". By the way I got the rank shark, what'd you guys get?

Are we allowed to post spoilers in this thread, so we can discuss the story cuz we all know it was one hell of a story that not everyone understood fully.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
To get infinite ammo, I heard you have to shoot every frog in the game. The problem with this is that the frog in Sokrovenno North has yet to be found (even the guides are wrong on its location)
[/quote]

Oh I found that Frog ( He's just on the ground equip the Ga-Ko Camo and run aroung until the burp nosie get louder and he should be nearby). Oh and you get the stleath camo if you shoot all the frog not infinite ammo. I think to get infinite ammo you have to go through the whole game without killing anybody than your rewarded a Infinity camo. I can't confrim this until tommorrow though.

To get the Infinity face paint (which grants infinite ammo), you have to finish the game with the following conditions:

-No kills
-No alerts (can't be spotted)
-Finish in less than 5 hours
-Have less than 20 serious injuries
-Can't use special items (like stealth camo)
-Save less than 25 times

I looked at the requirements and said "oh well."

[quote name='PsyClerk']To get the Infinity face paint (which grants infinite ammo), you have to finish the game with the following conditions:

-No kills
-Save less than 25 times

I looked at the requirements and said "oh well."[/quote]

I'll never do that.

I got a question on the no kills.
In the fight with The End. I can set my clock forward like a month and he'll be dead right? Does this count as a kill?
I read that tranqing those hovering guys wont count even tho they crash and explode.

[quote name='PsyClerk']To get the Infinity face paint (which grants infinite ammo), you have to finish the game with the following conditions:

-No kills
-Save less than 25 times

So in another words you have to be perfect at it?

-No kills
-Save less than 25 times

Holy crap ... I guess they wanted to present an extremely difficult challenge to those that had mastered the first two.

also... another interesting thing:

If you beat the game after eating 47 (or 48... I cant remember) different things/animals you unlock the EZ-Gun.

I also heard that you can keep the Single Action Army if you take the "gun on the right" if you who have played it know what I mean ;)

-No kills
-Save less than 25 times

It's like the BIG BOSS ranking from MGS2...

[quote name='rockhero'][quote name='PsyClerk']To get the Infinity face paint (which grants infinite ammo), you have to finish the game with the following conditions:

-No kills
-Save less than 25 times

It's like the BIG BOSS ranking from MGS2...[/quote]

For MGS3 it is foxhound ranking

Just beat this game a couple days ago. This is definatly my favorite game for this year. After I beat it I wanted more MGS3. And defintly one of the greatest endings of any game.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Just beat this game a couple days ago. This is definatly my favorite game for this year. After I beat it I wanted more MGS3. And defintly one of the greatest endings of any game.[/quote]

Yea it was so awesome. After I beat it, I started a new game right off the bat

On a positive note, it seems like Kojima is working on MGS4 from what was said in one of his interviews (which is great news)

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Rodimus Donut']Just beat this game a couple days ago. This is definatly my favorite game for this year. After I beat it I wanted more MGS3. And defintly one of the greatest endings of any game.[/quote]

On a positive note, it seems like Kojima is working on MGS4 from what was said in one of his interviews (which is great news)[/quote]

Kojima is a genuis I can't wait for just alittle info on MGS4. MGS3 is the game of the year!

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']anyone heard any news of portin to cube or box? I hate being left out[/quote]

Borrow or rent a PS2. Hell buy one. The game is great. I don't think it will be coming out on another console for awhile, if ever.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Rodimus Donut']Just beat this game a couple days ago. This is definatly my favorite game for this year. After I beat it I wanted more MGS3. And defintly one of the greatest endings of any game.[/quote]

On a positive note, it seems like Kojima is working on MGS4 from what was said in one of his interviews (which is great news)[/quote]

Kojima working on MGS4?!!? This better be true. I was kinda sad that was supposedly his last one, but I would love to see one on the PS3.

[quote name='dpatel'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Rodimus Donut']Just beat this game a couple days ago. This is definatly my favorite game for this year. After I beat it I wanted more MGS3. And defintly one of the greatest endings of any game.[/quote]

Kojima working on MGS4?!!? This better be true. I was kinda sad that was supposedly his last one, but I would love to see one on the PS3.[/quote]

I do not think he is directly working on it, but it sounded like he was making up the story for it

[quote name='Kayden']Theres an easier way to get the infinity face paint.... so ive heard on gamefaqs.com

You need to capture a rare animal with the mouse traps and have him on you for most of the game.

more info at http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/metal_gear_solid_3_ifp.txt[/quote]

You linked directly to the FAQ, which GameFAQs frowns on (in other words, your linky no worky). Might want to change it to link to the page that lists all the FAQs for the game, rather than a specific file.

bread's done
Back