metal gear solid 3 subsistence misprint?

Looks like their black plate was out of alignment for that run. Most printing presses use 4 colors, cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. They make 4 plates, each one has one color. When they're overlaid on top of each other, you get the full color.

What you're seeing double printed is the black areas of the print. It happens, and probably happened with this entire run until they noticed and re-aligned things. Or yours is a rare one that slipped through quality control. It's kind of a cool thing to have.

[quote name='mrmafia33']How much you guys think its worth?[/quote]

probably just right above MSRP like the rest. just hold on to it for awhile.

[quote name='phear3d']probably just right above MSRP like the rest. just hold on to it for awhile.[/quote]

You think $40 is possible? Used ones on ebay go for about $35.

[quote name='mrmafia33']
very nice
[/quote]
there was a few misprints that surfaced on ebay (that i know of anyways). coincidentally they were both metal gear solid 1. the cover was blank white with no mgs logo. they were the original black label and also the greatest hits version. they both tried to sell them for $2000 but failed to do so. then i digged how much these bozos got them on ebay for and they were less than $50.

misprints like these would get sent back to the manufacturer. some people might pick them up just for the heck of it and some for collecting purposes. misprint games don't normally sell for more unless they are very unique.

the final fantasy 7 misprint is not really worth anything other than what the game is actually worth because there were a few hundred or maybe thousands of them that got printed that way.

ff7_error_i.jpg

there was a much better reprint but it was for the GH version. but my point is that your copy is unique since its the only known copy. therefore i believe it would go for more but if people aren't aware of it, then it'll just end up like the rest of them.

edit: make sure you let me know when you post the auction :)

bread's done
Back