Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsubsistance Limited Edition no more?

Seeing that the LE is housed in a cardboard box, I hope GS is using carton boxes instead of padded evelopes to ship them out...:pray:

A message to people caught up in the hype dropping crazy amounts of money for this on ebay:

I'm sure this limited edition will be amazingly valuable in a few years just like the ocarina of time gold edition

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']I suppose so, though I really don't have an opinion about the GS.com website because I have never used it. I guess just like the B&M store, it's YMMV with a competent employee.[/quote]

I went through the exact process as Shrike did, in fact I was the first CAG to report that GameStop was selling the LE with the Saga bonus (on 2/02). I advised CAGs to get in on this ASAP, because I got the strong feeling that the LE was going to be in short supply.

Even with the confusion regarding GameStop.com order fulfillment process, ordering online is much more reliable than dealing with the B&M stores. Rampent reports of stores getting just enough (or not enough) product to fulfill preorders, and reports of stores selling LE(s) to preorders first come/first served, is simply unacceptable to me.

If there is a mistake made with an online order, there is a much better chance of it getting corrected because they have access to a much larger inventory supply than an individual store.

More important than that, I have a hard time trusting most of the B&M employees, many of whom are underpaid (many incompentant) and may have their own agendas regarding highly sought after items.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']A message to people caught up in the hype dropping crazy amounts of money for this on ebay:

I'm sure this limited edition will be amazingly valuable in a few years just like the ocarina of time gold edition [/quote]

Gyahahhahhha.....ha....ha.h.ah.....ha? Wait! Did you just crap on one of my all-time favorite games????!!!11!!!!1! I think it will still have value. Look at Substance PS2. It's been a constant $15-25 since it's release, but sky rocketed recently to hype, of what is Subsistence. But, Substance was only one edition and is somewhat rare. Subsistence will most likely also be somewhat rare (thanks to the NEW features, unlike Substance's gimmicks, Subsistence will sell way more so it may not be as rare as MGS2 Sub) and the LE, seeing that it's already going for so high and it out of print even before its release, will probably stay at $40-50, for many years even after the hype is gone.

[quote name='whoknows']I actually ended up liking the Saga disc more than the 3rd disc in the LE...[/QUOTE]

So the movies aren't cut that well?

Now that I've been charged with tracking down a copy of Subsistence for a friend, I can bitch...

THIS IS INSANE! An extra $60 for a movie DVD because of unfulfilled preorder BS and greedy employees. That is so sad.

Goddamn rarity whores and profiteers make it a sad time to be an unarmed CAG.

[quote name='OGHowie']So the movies aren't cut that well?[/quote]

The movies were cut pretty damn good in my opinion, considering that they're just pulling stuff off the game. Gameplay is cut really nice to show boss battles and such. I forgot how beautiful the graphics were. The three (plus) hours were up before I even knew it.

I have two problems with the disc. First of all, it's not a DVD and can only be played on a PS2. Bullshit.

Number two, the movie doesn't play in 16x9. It play in that "MGS ratio", where a 16x9 video is pushed all the way to the top and subtittles play below the video. Even with the subtittles off there is nothing but a black space. Anamorphic widescreen Konami!

Those are two HUGE problems in my mind, but it's still worth the extra $10 if you can find it.

[quote name='WebScud']I have two problems with the disc. First of all, it's not a DVD and can only be played on a PS2. Bullshit.

Number two, the movie doesn't play in 16x9. It play in that "MGS ratio", where a 16x9 video is pushed all the way to the top and subtittles play below the video. Even with the subtittles off there is nothing but a black space. Anamorphic widescreen Konami![/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you there. Playing these games too long is bad for my plasma.

[quote name='djkunai']METAL GEAR SAGA BONUS DISC CONFIRMED AT GAMECRAZY THIS FRIDAY

At least at every store in my district.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch for the info. I'll have to head over there tomorrow and pick mine up.

wow i was able to get a copy of the limited edition at gamestop today. Of course i had to drive 27 miles (one way) to get it. I drove from DE to Parkesberg PA today. That was the closest store that had one. But paying $42.39 for the game felt pretty good.

[quote name='nintendokid']Gyahahhahhha.....ha....ha.h.ah.....ha? Wait! Did you just crap on one of my all-time favorite games????!!!11!!!!1! I think it will still have value. Look at Substance PS2. It's been a constant $15-25 since it's release, but sky rocketed recently to hype, of what is Subsistence. But, Substance was only one edition and is somewhat rare. Subsistence will most likely also be somewhat rare (thanks to the NEW features, unlike Substance's gimmicks, Subsistence will sell way more so it may not be as rare as MGS2 Sub) and the LE, seeing that it's already going for so high and it out of print even before its release, will probably stay at $40-50, for many years even after the hype is gone.[/QUOTE]

Eh, Substance on the PS2 has been rare for a long time... at least for a new copy. I can't remember the last time I saw a new copy go for under $70. And Substance wasn't gimmicky... yeah, there was the skateboarding mode... but the VR missions were fucking fantastic.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Thanks a bunch for the info. I'll have to head over there tomorrow and pick mine up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thanks dj... looks like Gamecrazy's really coming through with this. I love that store.

METAL GEAR SAGA BONUS DISC CONFIRMED AT GAMECRAZY THIS FRIDAY

This is true, just went to pick up my "keeper" LE and they said they'd have the Saga disc tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen the guide for this at EB / GS?

Every single store here has 0 in stock, with some stores not even having any shipped. The guide is only $15.99, I can still get GS to give me that 20% off when it comes in no problem, and it's made by Brady... just wondering if the guide is quality.

I kind of want a guide to go with my super spiffy LE :D

fuck. I can't start MGS for a while now... gotta get a controller. See, after dealing with my Logitech wireless controller and its tendency to not respond or lose the signal way too often, I finally destroyed it. Actually, for the last 2 weeks the controller's analog stick has been thinking that it's being held to the right... all that shit even though I've never thrown it or attempted to destroy it before. Man it was satisfying watching it explode on the pavement. I pray that the next gen 1st party pads are a lot better than that...

[quote name='Roufuss']Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen the guide for this at EB / GS?

Every single store here has 0 in stock, with some stores not even having any shipped. The guide is only $15.99, I can still get GS to give me that 20% off when it comes in no problem, and it's made by Brady... just wondering if the guide is quality.

I kind of want a guide to go with my super spiffy LE :D[/QUOTE]

They had it instock at Gamecrazy when I picked up my copy.

[quote name='shrike4242']I went through three orders with them:
1) MGS3: Subsistence before there was a LE, when we thought it was all $29.99 as a pricing mistake. Cancelled when order #2 put in.
2) MGS3: Subsistence LE for $39.99, before we found out there was a bonus Saga disc with it. Cancelled when order #3 put in.
3) MGS3: Subsistence LE for $39.99 w/bonus Saga DVD. This is the one that went through and shipped.

The two inquiries I made on the order cancellations were done via email, and they were done without any issues. I guess while everyone else was getting the village idiots @ GS.com, I was getting the only competent employees? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
I did not realize how difficult this would be to get. Nor have I been following the Preorder and availability fiasco.

I did the same thing Shrike did, except skipped step 1 and started with step 2. Emailed Gamestop.com, asked for a cancel, got a reply quite quickly with cancel confirmation. Then I just ordered the one with DVD Bonus.

Luckily, I got my order today and contained the DVD. Quite a spiffy package. Much bigger then I expected.

Ummm...am I the only one who sees this demand for the LE as being fucking stupid? I mean, the third disc is essentially the cutscenes pasted togethyer and the MGS4 trailer. WTF?

[quote name='evanft']Ummm...am I the only one who sees this demand for the LE as being fucking stupid? I mean, the third disc is essentially the cutscenes pasted togethyer and the MGS4 trailer. WTF?[/QUOTE]

Believe me, I agree with you 100%.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']As do I, as I posted earlier.

Those who get games just for rarity's sake are a cancer on the gaming community.[/QUOTE]

Get over yourself.

People that are willing to pay ridiculous prices for games are crazy, but probably bigger gamers than us too.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']
Those who get games just for rarity's sake are a cancer on the gaming community.[/QUOTE]

Its not like this is the only version of the game available... its not like Suikoden 2, where you HAVE to pay $120 or nothing. Konami created a LIMITED edition product, and no one took them seriously on the limited part. If you wanted this game to PLAY, you could easily get the regular version.

Konami created the LE solely for the collectors, that same "cancer" that you're talking about. Whether you're a MGS collector, a video game collector, or just a collector in general.

Most people getting the LE will probably never watch the movie.

People are really crazy to be paying $100 - $150, but these are probably some of the most hardcore gamers / collectors around... I know every EB / GS within 50 miles of me, which is about 25 stores, are completely sold out of the LE... I can only imagine what its like in places with a higher population. They wnt this game bad enough, and I guess money isn't an option.

I wanted the game to play, but wanted the LE for collector's purposes. So I wasn't a dumbass, I put a preorder down when they announced it, and I picked it up today for $40.

So does that make me a "cancer" as well, or am I just a rash now?

I got the LE because I love metal gear....but seeing the insane prices people are paying for a mediocre disc with all the cutscenes and a cardboard cover I am thinking of selling mine...

Besides, IMO: Demo Theater>>>>>>>>>>>Existence Disc

[quote name='djkunai']METAL GEAR SAGA BONUS DISC CONFIRMED AT GAMECRAZY THIS FRIDAY

At least at every store in my district.[/quote]
Stopped by the Fairfield, CA Gamecrazy today and inquired about the Saga disc. They said they only had discs to go with the pre-orders, but they might get some more in next week. No big whoop, Gamecrazy did me right when I came in earlier in the week and they had 1 limited edition copy left. :D

Lemme get this straight.

So there's a LE, which is hard to come by right now, which includes a bonus disc that the regular edition of Subsistence doesn't. Also, for pre-ordering the LE, you recieved an extra bonus disc?

And for pre-ordering the normal edition of Subsistence, there's another separate bonus disc?

Am I correct?

I'm only aware of one Preorder Bonus: The Saga DVD

When you preordered, if you preordered early enough, you had an option of the LE for $39.99 or the regular for $29.99. Whether you consider this bonus is up to you. Regardless of which one you preordered, those that preordered were suppose to get this Saga DVD IIRC.

The LE is a 3 Disk set that comes in a box about the size of the Digital Devil Saga box. Pretty spiffy looking actually.

[quote name='Trakan']Lemme get this straight.

So there's a LE, which is hard to come by right now, which includes a bonus disc that the regular edition of Subsistence doesn't. Also, for pre-ordering the LE, you recieved an extra bonus disc?

And for pre-ordering the normal edition of Subsistence, there's another separate bonus disc?

Am I correct?[/quote]

Yes, the LE has a bonus DVD that the regular edition does not. This DVD contains all of the cutscences of the games put together to form a 3 hour movie. The preorder MGS Saga DVD is different. It contains more making of/interviews/commentary I believe.

I'll make it easy:

Two flavors: MGS 3:S, and MGS 3:S LE.

LE contains a bonus DVD showing the scenes of MGS3 like a movie.

If you pre-ordered, you got a Sagas DVD, which is entirely different from the LE DVD. Sagas has a bunch of "making of" sorts of things. In all reality it sounds MUCH better than the LE DVD.

I need to go track a Sagas down. Possibly at Gamecrazy, possibly eBay.

[quote name='Strell']
I need to go track a Sagas down. Possibly at Gamecrazy, possibly eBay.[/quote]

Supposedly all Gamecrazy's got their Saga disks in on Friday...that's how I recieved mine. leaves you with a Pretty good chance considering most people who preordered have picked up the game already, leaving those succulent sagas behind MUWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

[quote name='0192837465']Supposedly all Gamecrazy's got their Saga disks in on Friday...that's how I recieved mine. leaves you with a Pretty good chance considering most people who preordered have picked up the game already, leaving those succulent sagas behind MUWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!![/QUOTE]lol...sigh..you're funny

Price on Ebay is already starting to drop like a stone... as was predicted by alot of people, the bubble has burst on this one, if only slightly.

As it was once getting $130 - $150, its not getting around $80... even cheaper if you get lucky in an auction. Still, you're making a 100% profit if you find one and sell it.

However, MGS 3: LE with the Sagas disc is still getting a nice amount. I was going to keep my LE sealed and buy a regular edition to play, but I may just rip open the LE.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm just wondering...is the misspelling in the topic title supposed to be a joke or was it a mistake?[/quote]

Could be, but even CheapyD spelled "subsistence" wrong on the front page :whistle2:$

man, I started calling around game crazy's in my area for the saga dvd, and only one store had one extra copy. So I went to pick it up and I finally got myself a saga dvd. Then after that I decided to call around the game crazy's again if they had any copies left of MGS3S LE and only one store told me they only had 1 copy left. I ended up getting that copy too. So, I practically got myself the LE game and the Saga dvd without any preorders whatsoever and I'm shocked haha. Now I'm thinking about selling them on ebay, but yeah, just gotta keep calling around and ask about them until you get something like I did.

bread's done
Back