Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

I went to gamestop today and asked if they are taking preorders for MGS4, He said "Not anymore!" and I said "Did people get anything for preordering? And he said "Yeah, you get one of these" and he tossed the DVD on the counter. He said "You can just have one". :bouncy:

[quote name='zewone']What the fuck are you talking about?

You were wrong and you don't have to reply.[/quote]
Because I've admitted that already and you couldn't drop it. It's not like I made some factual statement, I asked if it was the same boxart since it looked familiar.

[quote name='dallow']Both kinda suck to me.
I like the cover of the Saga DVD a lot.[/quote]

I second that.

I would be fine with a simple black cover, and the MGS4 logo, too.

That might just be a mock artwork Amazon have. I remember a couple of 360 and PS2 game where they have a mock artwork just to give you a detail what the game look like. There was the Mass Effect, Bioshock, God of War 2, Killzone Liberation, Grand Theft Auto IV, Super Smash Bros. and some more. I really hope I'm right though because that cover is hideous. :puke:

[quote name='smiggity']It seems I am in the minority here, but I think the US box-art is dope.[/quote]
yeah it looks like a bad Photoshop job

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Hopefully, like most recent MGS and MGA titles the cover comes with a flipside for alternate art.[/quote]

Yeah I really love that. A lot of my PS3 games have that, I thought it was normal until I got Unreal Tournament.

What I REALLY wish was included, was the old Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 games.

If you didn't listen to 1up Yours, Shane talked about his trip to Konami's hotel in Japan to be one of the first people outside of Konami to play the game. He does a good job of not spoiling story (he has a pamplet about what he can and can't talk about on certain dates :lol:), but responding to questions to main concerns about the game (tieing up loose ends in the series' story, how much we actually know about what happens in the game, revamped controls, how many of the MGS conventions are still around, the hyped-up opening cutscene, etc.) and mainly only vaguely covers the first part of the game, which is mostly what you've seen in the demos/gameplay videos. It's a good way to get the gist of what they saw, but not really spoil anything important, like the story. He also mentioned that the first person to beat the game was a guy from Edge, which is why the IGN said he was the first American guy to beat it. Also, Brad Shoemaker's on the show, too, who was the last big editor to leave GameSpot.

I haven't read any of the previews to see what all they cover that he talked about since I'd like some surprise when I get to play the game myself, so I could post the gist of what he talked about if you don't want to listen to the show.

Maybe the LE will have a different boxart. Here's to hoping.

Anyway, i started my playthrough this week. It could take me awhile. I started with the first storywise (3), and am 10 hours in. Just the intro (Snake Eater song) is enough to get me ready. I WANT MGS4 NOW!

Just to clear something up for myself, I can't enter in my code for the beta until the 17th because the beta is not available until then, right?

Well, I think I'll go preorder this. Don't want to pass up the beta even though I'm usually not into that kind of stuff.

So far the buzz has been good, and thankfully people are saying the game does a good job of tying up loose ends. However, it sounds like there'll be another big reveal at the end of the credits that will lead to the next metal gear series, but no reporter was allowed to view the end credits.

MGO actually looks good and I'm really looking forward to the modes with Snake in it, hopefully they fixed the issues from before.

I really want to preorder it and get the beta disc but I will not be in town when it comes out, I get in exactly 1 month after it releases and I dont want my preorder to go to waste...

Picked it up today. Officially hyped. To answer you guys who are too lazy to read, there's a code on the white sheet, and it won't work until April 17, with the game not working until April 21. Enter the code where you would enter a PSN card code (y'know, if they had them...). LE = $85, worth every penny.

And i just realized, the download coincides with the update of the PSN store AND Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. I'm guna have a great Monday....

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but if I pre-order the game at GS do I get code for the beta or something? How does it work?

Please let me know, thanks!

[quote name='HighlightShow']Sorry to ask a dumb question, but if I pre-order the game at GS do I get code for the beta or something? How does it work?

Please let me know, thanks![/quote]

I just got back from pre-ordering it at GS. You'll get the Metal Gear Saga Vol 2 for pre-ordering. Inside is the code for the beta + instructions.

I presumed this is a limited thing though.

[quote name='dallow']Where you enter this magic code?
I guess I should read the sheet.[/quote]
The side of the sheet with the code has the instructions on where to enter it.

[quote name='torifile']Is the beta with a pre-order still going on? Can I pre-order tomorrow and get in on the beta?[/quote]
If they still have the MG Saga DVDs, then yeah. You have to find out if they do yourself.

[quote name='dallow']Where you enter this magic code?
I guess I should read the sheet.[/quote]
The side of the sheet with the code has the instructions on where to enter it.

[quote name='torifile']Is the beta with a pre-order still going on? Can I pre-order tomorrow and get in on the beta?[/quote]
If they still have the MG Saga DVDs, then yeah. You have to find out if they do yourself.

** Not sure if this has ben mentioned, but they have the same DVDs at Best Buy for $5 (preorder). I think you can buy the DVD outright for $5 if you just want one and the beta.

[quote name='_gambit_']Does the Limited Edition preorder come with the Vol. 2 dvd also?[/quote]

Yes. I got mine at GS

[quote name='darthbudge']Well I pre-ordered MGS4 yesterday and I got my Saga Disc and my Beta. I can't wait for it to start. Only like 2 more weeks![/QUOTE]

Pre-ordered mine a month ago, and they told me that the call was a mistake, and that they dont know when they're getting it in.

[quote name='jza1218']Pre-ordered mine a month ago, and they told me that the call was a mistake, and that they dont know when they're getting it in.[/quote]

I'd try another store then.

[quote name='NamPaehc']*SPOILER ALERT*[/quote]

Thanks for the link. I just read it and there are no plot specifics I didn't know just from reading early previews and listening to the KPP. The new stuff is all gameplay details and vague plot stuff (i.e. "the ending will be great"). As someone who's unhealthily paranoid about spoiling this game, I'd say the bullets are safe to read unless you've been keeping yourself completely in the dark.

I didn't look at the scans, though.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I'm excited about the beta (I'm in the Japanese one).[/quote]

Is there a difference? Also, I am thinking about making a "MGO Beta Username thread" but if someone elses wants to, that is cool.

[quote name='metaly']As someone who's unhealthily paranoid about spoiling this game, I'd say the bullets are safe to read unless you've been keeping yourself completely in the dark.

I didn't look at the scans, though.[/quote]

Yeah nothing earth shattering in the first link, but some of the details I never saw before. Some people like going into games totally cold so I just wanted to be careful.

I'm starting to think that we are going to be so spoiled once this game comes out. So much content seems to be in there, making me afraid other games at the same price won't seem worth it anymore.

[quote name='darthbudge']Is there a difference? Also, I am thinking about making a "MGO Beta Username thread" but if someone elses wants to, that is cool.[/quote]
Wouldn't that just be collecting PSN names of those in the beta? We could just do that here and I can add it to the OP for reference.

bread's done
Back