Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm getting the dreaded...

"Unable to connect to server.(0901:FFFFFFE0)" screen of doom[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'll just try back at midnight or just a little before.

[quote name='pete5883']Yeah the time that translated to 6pm eastern was only on the UK site, so not too surprised that the US beta isn't up.[/quote]
Technically, it was on all the EU sites (France, Italy, etc), but yeah, either their servers are FUBAR or it didn't start for the US yet.

i finally got my confirmation for my email. Best way that worked for me is: Do the whole thing on Mozilla Fire Fox. i first did it on IE but it just gave me bad connections. I read it on the SnakeSoup and it was my only option left and i took it.

So .. Something I haven't quite cleared up .. Do you need an access code in addition to the Konami login, or is that sufficient?

I didn't pre-order the game.

the Konami ID site was up and running fairly quickly for me, not 2 minutes ago... good luck to everyone.

if you want to add me my GameID is oleskiier11

US servers go live at midnight EST (according to www.konami.jp/mgo/us). Well, it says Server is up and gives 4-21-2008 0:00.

EDIT: Oh, and apparently...60 fps for you framerate maniacs.

EDIT 2: It also appears that you can create servers (passwords?) according to a small video snippet. So if CAG(s) at Midnight wants to create server(s)...maybe now would be the time to discuss.

[quote name='KingBroly']US servers go live at midnight EST (according to www.konami.jp/mgo/us). Well, it says Server is up and gives 4-21-2008 0:00.

EDIT: Oh, and apparently...60 fps for you framerate maniacs.

EDIT 2: It also appears that you can create servers (passwords?) according to a small video snippet. So if CAG(s) at Midnight wants to create server(s)...maybe now would be the time to discuss.[/quote]

I don't know if a whole lot of planning is necessary. Based on how things have been going so far, I doubt the U.S. servers are going to launch smoothly. I hope I am proved wrong though.

[quote name='primetime']I don't know if a whole lot of planning is necessary. Based on how things have been going so far, I doubt the U.S. servers are going to launch smoothly. I hope I am proved wrong though.[/quote]

yeah i predict a colossal clusterfuck, should be fun I'll see you there!

my konami game id is mnine999, if that's how you have to add people.

[quote name='shadylane']should i wait to try to download the update when the servers go up? because right now it's not moving at all for me[/quote]

x2 :bomb:

are you trying p2p or http?

Just an FYI, if it disconnects, you save the good majority of your progress (I.E. disconnects at 17%, you restart with 15% complete)

[quote name='suko_32']I'm getting 20-70 KB/s here for the update.[/quote]

That's nothing. I'm reaching mind numbing speeds of 0.88 KB/s. :cool:

Hey to everyone who is talking about leading the clan. I will do it, however I can't start playing until Tuesday morning. But after that I can play alot, so if someone else wants it, Like Tanuki or TMK, then go ahead and do it.

Also, for anyone downloading the update via P2P, WAIT for awhile. I didn't get any download speed for like an hour and then after I that I got a consistent 30+KBs down and 100+KBs Up. However, I had to leave before it was done, but it will be all ready for me Tuesday.

[quote name='aihuman']Im looking forward to killing you all very soon.[/quote]

That is a reference to that ninja guy on Youtube. His name eludes me at the moment.

I'm doing it wireless with the default setting from MGO.

Did anyone else play the first MGO that was in Subsistence? What was your name? I was liquid cake...my rank was FOX. I played it a lot during the summer and got pretty good lol.

[quote name='shadylane']how? what setting? hard line in? or wireless?[/quote]

I have no idea. My connection is pretty decent for everything else. Even my normal bittorrent speeds aren't this bad. It's on wireless and p2p, been leaving my PS3 on for a few days now which a few breaks here and there. I'm at 47% right now, but for some reason when I change a couple settings, it jumps like 8%.

Wow I am reading the manual now and this game looks awesome. Especially the whole SOP system. Man Tuesday morning can't come quick enough for me.

well, at least konami isn't lying anymore... on their main site the serve status has finally changed to this:

s_ng.gif

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well, at least konami isn't lying anymore... on their main site the serve status has finally changed to this:

s_ng.gif
[/quote]

Shit, I hope that every thing will straightened out in a few days and definately have everything straightened out before the game launches.

[quote name='Supreme']I have no idea. My connection is pretty decent for everything else. Even my normal bittorrent speeds aren't this bad. It's on wireless and p2p, been leaving my PS3 on for a few days now which a few breaks here and there. I'm at 47% right now, but for some reason when I change a couple settings, it jumps like 8%.[/quote]

You opened the proper ports and let your PS3 through them, right?

finally i'm downloading the update. 50 percent so far.

also where do i get this konami id? i think register but i had no problems. does anyone have the direct link?

[quote name='shadylane']finally i'm downloading the update. 50 percent so far.

also where do i get this konami id? i think register but i had no problems. does anyone have the direct link?[/quote]

https://id.konami.net/age.do

I couldn't access the registration page directly from that link, so you'll still need to simply click on the icon for new users on the top left :)

I just got my Konami ID, and it was the stupidest fucking thing I've ever dealt with. Why the fuck do passwords have to use exclusively numbers? And why are names that I know no one else would use taken? Why the hell do I have to register for this crap in the first place?

[quote name='prmononoke']I just got my Konami ID, and it was the stupidest fucking thing I've ever dealt with. Why the fuck do passwords have to use exclusively numbers? And why are names that I know no one else would use taken? Why the hell do I have to register for this crap in the first place?[/quote]

Welcome to Konami. :roll:

[quote name='darthbudge']That is a reference to that ninja guy on Youtube. His name eludes me at the moment.[/quote]

Ask a ninja?

Anyway, after getting the beta to download, the patch, and a Konami id. Do we wait now? I remember reading somewhere were people were making their person in MGO. Can we do that now or do we have to wait?

OMG!!!! It's 12:01am EST on April 21st and I can't connect!!!!! It's the end of the fucking world!!!!!!

But seriously, as nice as it would have been to try and play tonight, I guess I'll just have to wait until after work tomorrow or whenever they have the servers running ok.

I'll try after I'm done with school work. Which should be about 12:30am EST if it's not up I'll try in the morning before work.

[quote name='KingBroly']Something definitely happened. I'm getting a different error code than before.[/quote]

Nope, it went back to the first code a while ago.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wait... the servers may be up since this changed:

s_ok.gif
[/quote]

They're just toying with us :) You should know this by now :lol:

I wonder what's going on in the the Konami war room...

since i'm west coast i'll check it out at midnight...have a feeling we won't be playing anything till the morning though.

I really want to play my PS3, but I want the beta to finish downloading...

Granted, the earliest I can play the beta is probably tomorrow night, and I can leave my PS3 on all night and tomorrow...

bread's done
Back