Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

That update might be housed on the same servers ..

And I don't think the order of sign-up matters, but if you can do it now, go for it.

are you freaking kidding me look what these f*ckers did !!!! :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:
CIMG3521.JPG

I am sure you can find more constructive ways to spend your time in Amsterdam.;) Not to be an a-hole or anything but hopefully this can help out the US side of the beta...Hopefully it will start after the US beta ends, and then both sides of the pond can have a good experience this go-around..

[quote name='seanr1221']OMG my download is actually DOWNLOADING![/quote]

It's available for download? I checked the PSN last night, there's no MGO... Is it in the Demo section or somewhere else?

[quote name='finsfan0210']so is it now slated for friday morning or saturday morning?[/quote]

I think it starts at 11PM Pacific Time Friday Night. However, I could be wrong.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Has anyone been able to get the 1.01 update? Each time I try via either method I get dropped. Also do I signup for a Konami ID after the 1.01 update or do I have to go to a Konami site to do it?[/QUOTE]

I'm still having troubles as well.

Quite annoying

Thats good news that its starting Early friday morning but lets cross our fingers and hope it doesn't get delayed again. and by the way i was able to download the update without any problems

I thought I was missing out on some MGO, then I find out it's been pushed back to the 25th.

There must be a bucketload of people on their servers right now. I can't imagine the traffic they must have since it's a beta on a GLOBEWIDE scale.

Either way, I got the 1.01 update, got my Konami ID ready, all I'm hoping for is that the MGO beta isn't too clunky otherwise I might be a bit skeptical of the final product. Anyways, I heard a lot of good things about the online experience in Subsistence (although by the time I got around to it, the servers were already down :/ ), and if that was a sign of things to come, I don't think I should be worried at all :D

The strange thing about this whole situation is that Konami had way too many servers up for the original MGO, which they eventually cut in half to 10 servers once they realized their overestimation of the traffic.

After you download the update it'll then tell you to go to a site where you must register a Konami ID which gives you access to their own multiplayer network (stupid move), then after you get that ID you then make a game specific ID that you'll be known as in games.

This is a stupid move as the PSN ID already handles that, even Call of Duty 4 was able to have persistent player data using just the PSN ID.

This really just shows how bad Japanese developers are at creating such networks and why Sony needs to have a few more requirements along these lines.

Even if Konami wants to monetize MGO into some kind of pay to play, or microtransaction based online game, they could still very easily go through PSN.

Now when you open the game all you get is the delay message about the beta. No option to download the update and no option to get a Konami ID.

Ugh Konami can't be trusted to do anything by themselves (see the Yugioh cards they create and Upper Deck has to make 50 page banned/restricted lists and rules clarifications on and how Konami ruined the VS. System retail DS/PSP/PC game online play.)

[quote name='Vanigan']Even if Konami wants to monetize MGO into some kind of pay to play, or microtransaction based online game, they could still very easily go through PSN.[/quote]

But going through the PSN they lose a little bit of money, and a little bit of control. I'd love to read an interview with those in charge on just why they are going this route though.

Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe they just saw that Sony's systems were up to par, even with their own stumbling right now. But cutting out the middle man on one of the biggest games of the year, most popular series (of all time?), and sure one fire title to draw in big bucks will earn you a lot of $$$- if you can actually do it right.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's supposed to start at midnight Friday, so Thursday night/Friday morning.[/quote]

Oh, so it is supposed to start tonight then? Midnight what time zone though?

I dunno, right now it lists:

1) Start date: Planned for 04/25/2008 24:00(PDT). While the start is planned for the weekend, it may change due to unforseen circumstances.

Which implies late Friday night/early Sat morning.

24:00 = Midnight, right? Midnight is the beginning of the day, so it would be tonight.

Edit: Wikipedia says no:

The notation 24:00 mainly serves to refer to the exact end of a day in a time interval. A typical usage is giving opening hours ending at midnight, e.g. "00:00–24:00", "07:00–24:00". Similarly, some railway timetables show 00:00 as departure time and 24:00 as arrival time. Legal contracts often run from the start date at 00:00 till the end date at 24:00.

fuck. I don't get why they can't just tell us the time by our standards, which would be April 26, 12 AM PDT.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']24:00 = Midnight, right? Midnight is the beginning of the day, so it would be tonight.

Edit: Wikipedia says no:

fuck. I don't get why they can't just tell us the time by our standards, which would be April 26, 12 AM PDT.[/quote]

:joystick: I am getting confused. So it will start on Friday/Saturday at 12AM PDT? Is that correct?

[quote name='darthbudge']:joystick: I am getting confused. So it will start on Friday/Saturday at 12AM PDT? Is that correct?[/quote]
Yeah, looks more like Friday night than tonight.

Did any of you guys have a 9 digit code and email MGOsupport for a new code?

I emailed both Konami support who then directed me to mgo support and still havent got a response back with a new code?

no porblem guys, and dont worry strandedbrit the game will be live tomorow. we just gotta sit tight until then, im staying up to see if it will actually go live *crosses fingers*

What's this about it going live 4/26 now? Is that 4/26 in Japan?

I'm excited for the game, hopefully they'll have some sort of friend system active so I can play with friends from various forums.

Ok, I am confused (as with alot of others) when is the start date for the Beta? Will it be tonight/tomorrow morning (Thursday Night/Friday Morning) i.e. 12 PDT/3 AM EST. Or Will it be tomorrow/Saturday Morning? Thanks.

I want to know if I should stay up till 3 am to play it or would I just be wasting my time.

EDIT: Looks like we were typing at the same time. Thanks. Hopefully it does not get pushed back again.

Yeah, because i keep hearing its on a FRIDAY and such, and that is of course the 25th of tomorow. im not sure but i hope it does hit midnight tonight...not 11:59 PM tomorow. So what you guys think of the (not so-)new trailer?

http://www.konami.jp/mgo/us/index.html
We would like to add that due to the above reasons, we will be making the following changes to the schedule:
1) Start date: Planned for 04/25/2008 24:00(PDT). While the start is planned for the weekend, it may change due to unforseen circumstances.
3) Beta Test closure: This will now be on 05/11/2008 at 24:00(PDT) rather than 05/05/2008 at 24:00(PDT)
PDT = Pacific Daylight Time, or the west coast. So it starts at midnight on Saturday, since 24:00 means midnight of the next day.

I think its easier to explain the time if you just add or subtract a minute.

Ex: 4/25 at 23:59 PDT or 4/26 at 00:01

Makes it a little bit easier then trying to use words.

Wow. Just....wow. To get the 2nd update, you need to download the first one. What.The.fuck???? Can this get any more fuckin retarded? And to top it off, I'm at like 25% on the first update, and I get a "network error has occured." This is just garbage.

bread's done
Back