Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

[quote name='dothog']That 15 gameplay reel is all you need to market the game. There's no way in hell that game will not be exclusive to Sony--that thing will move consoles. I can't get over how amazing that looked. The gameplay makes a hell of an argument for next-gen power. Wowie wow wow wow.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I don't the 360 can do this game without cutting out a lot

[/lies to start mega flame war]

wish I could find a decent HD download of this so I can watch it. Gamespot apparently doesn't cover anything remotely worthwhile anymore, so apart from the subscriber only IGN thing... there doesn't seem to be anything good :(

[quote name='Chacrana']wish I could find a decent HD download of this so I can watch it. Gamespot apparently doesn't cover anything remotely worthwhile anymore, so apart from the subscriber only IGN thing... there doesn't seem to be anything good :([/QUOTE]

Dallow posted an HD source^^^

not sure if it's a line in or off screen

[quote name='whoknows']Wow, what is the flying thing in the second shot?

And this game is going to be amazing for sure. Even more than amazing. Even more than that.

Oh God I need this game...oh well...only have to wait until next year :bomb:[/QUOTE]

UFO

Anyone have any info on the 20th anniversary box set?

Sounds like it has every canon MG game.

[quote name='whoknows']Wow, what is the flying thing in the second shot?[/QUOTE]
reigntwo.jpg

[quote name='seanr1221']Thanks a lot Moja, I meant if there's any news on a US release :lol:[/QUOTE]

*googles moja*

I'm an east african news source? :lol:

I imagine it'll come out around the 20th anniversary day. and I hope people start buying sealed Subsistence LE's for about $500 out of Metal Gear hype. :pray:

[quote name='seanr1221']
arton3733.jpg

MOJA! MOJA![/QUOTE]

oh yeah :)

They need a snake vs. loco roco mini game like the Ape Escape ones!

[quote name='whoknows']They can't because Loco Roco is racist.

Remember?[/QUOTE]

how could I forget the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. kinda like the guy in cheapy's E3 thread that said black people dancing is racist.

on topic: anyone think MGO will be like $39.99 or bundled with MGS4?

[quote name='Apossum']how could I forget the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. kinda like the guy in cheapy's E3 thread that said black people dancing is racist.

on topic: anyone think MGO will be like $39.99 or bundled with MGS4?[/QUOTE]
I think it's going to be a downloadable title.

I want to see this vid in HD really bad now.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I think it's going to be a downloadable title.

I want to see this vid in HD really bad now.[/QUOTE]

makes sense. the HD source dallow posted is not so good. the audio is out of sync.

[quote name='Apossum']makes sense. the HD source dallow posted is not so good. the audio is out of sync.[/QUOTE]
And it's compressed to hell.

[quote name='Apossum']*googles moja*

I'm an east african news source? :lol:

I imagine it'll come out around the 20th anniversary day. and I hope people start buying sealed Subsistence LE's for about $500 out of Metal Gear hype. :pray:[/QUOTE]

I wish I never opened my Subsistence LE because I have never played it. An opened copy still goes for quite a bit and I'm waiting for the perfect time to sell.

The trailer is available at the official site as well. Don't know if it's HD or not. (probably not)

IGN has a 720p version up. 700MB.

IGN preview:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/807/807587p1.html

July 24, 2007 - You're going to buy Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. You might have passed up Metal Gear Solid on the PlayStation, poo-poo'd Metal Gear Solid 2's wonky storyline and cringed at eating serpents in Metal Gear Solid 3, but you're going to buy Metal Gear Solid 4.

Early this morning at Konami's Metal Gear 20th anniversary party, Hideo Kojima gave the world its first look at MGS4 gameplay, and the world is still stunned. In a 15-minute presentation, Kojima showed just a sampling of the gadgets and techniques Snake has at his disposal for his latest -- and supposedly final -- mission as earth's greatest soldier.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I've always found this guy's humor odd. Like the postion he has Snake's hand in when he hides near the statue. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Well Snake needed something to grab onto so he didn't tip over :p

[quote name='dallow']I really, really, really want this:

mgscollection.jpg
[/QUOTE]

holy crap :shock:

i'm guessing a $99 msrp

[quote name='Apossum']holy crap :shock:

i'm guessing a $99 msrp[/QUOTE]

actually supposedly it's around $69.
on the podcast ryan said no plans to bring it to the states yet.

I wonder why people are so damn excited by this demo? There's nothing really in there that's spectacular that wasn't shown before at the previous TGS. It's just more fleshed out.

[quote name='Zoglog']actually supposedly it's around $69.

I wonder why people are so damn excited by this demo? There's nothing really in there that's spectacular that wasn't shown before at the previous TGS. It's just more fleshed out.[/QUOTE]

this is the first time we've seen actual gameplay durrrr ;)

[quote name='Zoglog']actually supposedly it's around $69.

I wonder why people are so damn excited by this demo? There's nothing really in there that's spectacular that wasn't shown before at the previous TGS. It's just more fleshed out.[/quote]

This is the first time I've seen MGS4 running on a PS3 by the game creator. Sorry for getting excited over that.

[quote name='dallow']I really, really, really want this:

mgscollection.jpg
[/quote]

Haha, thats exactly what I predicted to happen.

Although I assumed they'd include MGS4 when it comes out.

And have a two disc set with all of the MGS' on one disc and the other being MGS4.

[quote name='torifile']It also says "playable". Am I really arguing that I was confused by their wording? I'm not sure why I am - it was confusing because I was confused (which is, of course, the very definition of "confusing")[/quote]
Damn, I being fecetious about it. No need to get upset. ;)

Hmm, 1up and Gamevideos aren't working for me at the moment. Can someone get the link for their download of the MGS4 video?

[quote name='whoknows']Wow, what is the flying thing in the second shot?[/quote]

A new Metal Gear.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I think it's going to be a downloadable title.

I want to see this vid in HD really bad now.[/quote]
That would be my guess. It would seem wise to follow the lead of Warhawk and SOCOM and become a downloadable game. Maybe MGO will make it out before MGS4 since it's a different team, from what I can tell from 1up's liveblog.

After watching that gameplay footage, first game to make me want a PS3. I really like the FPS option. This version looks more accessible than previous titles as well, which I would really appreciate.

[quote name='Apossum']this is the first time we've seen actual gameplay durrrr ;)[/QUOTE]

actually they showed some gameplay at last TGS w/ the barrel rolling and the backwards grenade throw.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
A new Metal Gear.[/QUOTE]
If you watch the video, there's like 3 of them dropping bombs on people.

They aren't very big.

[quote name='dallow']So, are the walking, organic robot things also new Metal Gears?

Multiple types this time around?[/quote]
Looks like it.

[quote name='zewone']If you watch the video, there's like 3 of them dropping bombs on people.

They aren't very big.[/quote]
I did watch it. The Mk. II is a metal gear, too, so size isn't an indicator of what's a metal gear.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Looks like it.

I did watch it. The Mk. II is a metal gear, too, so size isn't an indicator of what's a metal gear.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing they're based off Metal Gear technology, not actual Metal Gears, like the ones with legs that sound like cows.

Uh Uh Uhhhhh uhhhhhhhh

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Now I REALY need a PS3. 5 seconds into the video and all desire to have one has become a need.

Wow...just...wow....:applause:

Looks like a system seller.

So...why wasn't this done at E3?
Seems like it would have really helped out Sony's presentation.

[quote name='CheapyD']Looks like a system seller.

So...why wasn't this done at E3?
Seems like it would have really helped out Sony's presentation.[/quote]
Because (what I have heard from an Interview with Kojima) that Sony told him not to do it at the Sony press Conference because they wanted Killzone 2 to be the Show Peice of their show.

They didnt want the beauty of MGS4 to overshine the presentation of Killzone 2.

That is what I heard. And that is why Kojima was angry with this years E3 because it was not like last years where he would have been able to demonstrate.

bread's done
Back