Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

[quote name='seanr1221']I think the masked person is Olga.

Yup...crazier things have happened.[/QUOTE]

Lol good one Sean no way in hell though. :D

[quote name='Fuzzibunny']I did but he doesn't have to touch it lol[/quote]If he didn't, game would get banned by ESRB.

New trailer coming later this month and Kojima will be demoing more gameplay (don't know if that part will be new, but should be).

[quote name='seanr1221']Fatman after lipo then? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ha ha I don't know man he always had that quote about laughing and growing fat.... :lol:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']MGO oddly is a totally separate package from MGS4 though they have yet to figure out how it will be distributed (oddly I hope for digital distribution).

also, further good and wonderful proof that MGS2 was never really a black sheep... long ass read, but shows the depth of what people seemed to miss:

http://www.deltaheadtranslation.com/MGS2/DOTM_TOC.htm[/QUOTE]

Never considered MGS2 as the black sheep. Now MGS3, that's a whole other story.

Figured I'd make this.
I'll make it all nice and fancy as time goes on.

The only footage available is partway through this video (2:05 mark)

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=93950

All hail, Kojima.
hideomn5.jpg

Nice, the service is at full capacity so I can't download it.

People need to stop using these ghetto ass file sharing sites.

*prays for a 2007 release date*

Normally wouldn't expect the online portion to be released before the main game, but MGO seems pretty far along, so a 2007 release doesn't seem THAT out of the question.

repost of the info linked above, just incase it gets pulled down for some reason

Details:

The combat is really f**king cool, there’s different lobbies, each named after a MGS character ; Snake, Otacon, Liquid etc (yeah, 95% of the people are in Snake lobby).

- It’s rather annoying to change to first person mode (L1+triangle) especially when you’re fighting people. The box has made a return! It’s pretty funny that I managed to kill quite from a cardboard box that totally didn’t fit in with the environment.

- There are only two maps in the beta. One looks like the arctic and the other is something like the middle east that we see in the trailers and gameplay footage.

- Voice chat is supported as well as typing. To bring up chat window is left or right on the d-pad.

- To change to the position on your back once laying down is triangle, tapping triangle and holding the joystick in whatever direction will allow you to roll in that said direction.

- Grenades are cool, so are stun knifes.

- No slow down, solid frame rate.

- The camera control can be customized in the options menu, at first it was a pain. You can invert etc and if you so wish, have it player controlled entirely.

- Difficulty wise, it’s not hard to get the hang of at all. It took a bit of ‘mashing’ to find out how to roll onto the back of your character
Ventrilo Servers

- The visuals are ‘nice’ but they seem to be a bit unpolished right now as the game is still in the beta phase however, character models are very detailed.

- More interesting is the way you can customize how your character performs. Think of it something like the talent system in WoW. You can alter how fast you run, skill with certain weapons and whatnot.

- As for the ‘hacking’, If you mean the ability to hack out the nano things from enemies, no he hasn’t learned how to that yet.

- You press L1 to change into the aiming mode. you can change to free aim by pressing square.

- This isn’t something related to the game mechanics or whatever but some crazy ass player joined my game and actually killed people by sneaking up on them, strangling them until they were blacked out (you have an oxygen meter under the health bar) and then would proceed to head shot them. Crazy.

He had a better look around at the rank system or ’score sheet’.
You’ve got your normal kills, deaths etc like most other shooter games. You get your headshots counted also which brings me onto the next thing I tried out;

The Sniper Rifle!

10x zoom for your evil intentions!
Once you fire it the recoil is pretty intense, you totally lose your aim if you wanted to take another shot.

Controls

X - crouch > crawl positions (while running: diving roll)
O - reload ammo
Triangle - standing: salute (spreads this aura thing around to local team-mates, it’s like a blue mesh so you can see them behind walls etc) crouching: point emote (?)
Square - toggle autoaim

D-pad:

left & right: toggle display of chat window

control sticks: left - move character, right - move camera

R3: toggle over shoulder view in aim mode from left to right.

R1 - fire
R2 - secondary fire while in aim or toggle weapon menu
L1 - aim
L2 - toggle item mini menu

Any thoughts on the new trailer from Leipzig posted by Kotaku? Maybe it's posted elsewhere, I saw it through Kotaku first.

I liked the E3 20th Anniverary battlefield demo better. Metal gear I like, psionic warriors I'm not so crazy about. But I'm willing to overlook the incorporation of flaky supernatural with badass technology for the sake of the battlefield demo. Hoping to see more gameplay out of Germany...

[quote name='dothog']Any thoughts on the new trailer from Leipzig posted by Kotaku? Maybe it's posted elsewhere, I saw it through Kotaku first.

I liked the E3 battlefield demo better. Metal gear I like, psionic warriors I'm not so crazy about. But I'm willing to overlook the incorporation of flaky supernatural with badass technology for the sake of the battlefield demo. Hoping to see more gameplay out of Germany...[/quote]
There was no E3 battlefield demo, it was done at the 20th Anniversary MG party two weeks later.

Haven't seen the new trailer, but I'd like to see it on the PS Store this week (It seems to be on the European store now) or next since I've heard that whatever video's out right now looks like crap.

[quote name='dothog']Any thoughts on the new trailer from Leipzig posted by Kotaku? Maybe it's posted elsewhere, I saw it through Kotaku first.

I liked the E3 battlefield demo better. Metal gear I like, psionic warriors I'm not so crazy about. But I'm willing to overlook the incorporation of flaky supernatural with badass technology for the sake of the battlefield demo. Hoping to see more gameplay out of Germany...[/QUOTE]
It wouldn't be a Metal Gear game without over the top bosses...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There was no E3 battlefield demo, it was done at the 20th Anniversary MG party two weeks later. [/QUOTE]
Many apologies. Corrected.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']that boss with the octo head thing just cracks me up... sure he'll be badass once the game is out but for now I can get my laughs from him.[/quote]

I think it's a her. In fact I think they're all hers. o_O

[quote name='magnawiz']I think it's a her. In fact I think they're all hers. o_O[/QUOTE]
Even Robopup? Did you look at its bits to check?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone notice how many ass shots there are in all the trailers? even the new boss one has an ass shot of the jaguar dog thing.[/QUOTE]
I'm all about ass shots in MGS3. It's the only place I'll put a tranq dart. Seems more humane that way.

[quote name='dothog']Even Robopup? Did you look at its bits to check?[/quote]

when robopup was shakin its roboass it looked kinda robogirlbits lol
the voices all sound like females though...couldn't really tell what they were saying. I heard some howling and "funny" in there somewhere. Probably from Ms. Ock though lol

[quote name='imascrub']
the voices all sound like females though...couldn't really tell what they were saying.[/QUOTE]
Sounded like the batgirl was saying, "RAAAAAAGE!"

[quote name='Zoglog']Bosses revealed in new trailer

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162245

the names seem a bit dumb though and bosses seem decent enough..... though they just seem to be ripoffs thusfar either from MGS1 or like the octopus is like doc oc from spiderman.[/quote]

I wouldn't quite call them ripoffs since the naming for each one was most evidently intentional (liquid ocelet's new foxhound? Maybe liquid had a lapse of nostalgia when creating these ladies lol). Now if the same tactics were to be used to defeating said bosses then I suppose that would be ripoff ftl...

I noticed in the trailer that every one of them was doing something fitting of their name (laughing octopus was laughing, crying wolf was sobbing, raven was goin "RAAAAAGE!") except I didn't notice screaming mantis do anything lol. I think they made them represent different emotions of war; fear (screaming mantis), ecstasy (laughing otcopus), sorrow (crying wolf), and anger (raging raven). After thinking about it that way and the short background of the whole "beauty and the beast" thing, makes it a little more understandable where they're coming from.

On another note, Lyndall Jarvis and Yumi Kikuchi are quite the beauties lol

okay, I'm excited about MGS 4 again.. I love those bosses. There's only one thing though... the bosses are in the wrong game, I would love to see those same models or models of that quality in ZOE...

These damn trailers are so tempting to watch. Been trying to keep the game as unspoiled as I can, but that isn't working too well.

out of all the trailers so far, this was the worst though... if I didn't know it was MGS it would not be something I want. Thankfully the MGS can get away with this stuff... though "RAGE!!!!!!!!!!" and the dog howls were really not needed.

I kept saying wtf the whole time. I didn't like the new trailer, it looked pretty damn dumb to me. Maybe my opinion will change when I see the game and how they are worked in. In my opinion though we go from cool war scenes with Snake, to avoid being seen using his camo to hide/blend in, to helping out in the battle between the two squads TO...... mechs. :whistle2:s

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I kept saying wtf the whole time. I didn't like the new trailer, right now it looked pretty damn dumb to me. Maybe my opinion will change when I see the game and how they are worked in. In my opinion though we go from cool war scenes with Snake, to avoid being seen using his camo to hide/blend in, to helping out in the battle between the two squads TO...... mechs. :whistle2:s[/quote]

But there have always been mechs (metal gear) in the MGS series

[quote name='ZerotypeX']But there have always been mechs (metal gear) in the MGS series[/QUOTE]

Thats very true but these aren't Metal Gear, these are just regular women turned into mechs or some shit.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I kept saying wtf the whole time. I didn't like the new trailer, it looked pretty damn dumb to me. Maybe my opinion will change when I see the game and how they are worked in. In my opinion though we go from cool war scenes with Snake, to avoid being seen using his camo to hide/blend in, to helping out in the battle between the two squads TO...... mechs. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
Seeing as how MGS2 had a fat guy on roller blades as a boss, and MGS3 had a guy who's power was being covered in bees, it's not really that strange.

My problem with the bosses, and the bosses in MGS2 and 3, are that they're just nowhere near the greatness that was FOXHOUND. Now we don't know much, so there's obviously a chance these new ones will be amazing. But just from that trailer I'm not getting that feeling. I'm not seeing anything that will compare to the awesomeness of seeing Psycho Mantis do his tricks, or the tension of facing off with Sniper Wolf.

Again, it is just a short trailer and we don't know much.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Seeing as how MGS2 had a fat guy on roller blades as a boss, and MGS3 had a guy who's power was being covered in bees, it's not really that strange.[/QUOTE]

That is true, I just wasn't expecting the weirdness in MGS4 for some reason lol.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']My problem with the bosses, and the bosses in MGS2 and 3, are that they're just nowhere near the greatness that was FOXHOUND. Now we don't know much, so there's obviously a chance these new ones will be amazing. But just from that trailer I'm not getting that feeling. I'm not seeing anything that will compare to the awesomeness of seeing Psycho Mantis do his tricks, or the tension of facing off with Sniper Wolf.

Again, it is just a short trailer and we don't know much.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%. The best boss in MGS3 was "The End" and of course "The Boss" to me those were the best two in MGS3. Foxhound I thought every boss was unique and awesome. MGS2 ehh I kind of liked Vamp, that was pretty much it. These bosses in MGS4 don't exactly thrill me at all, but like I said maybe my opinion will change once I see how they are worked in.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162287

If you thought the MGO/MGS4 situation wasn't that clear to begin with, it just got a lot more confusing. The statements make me think that MGS4 will have it's own version of MGO with levels based on the ones in MGS4, while the standalone MGO will have its own original levels.[/QUOTE]

Okay..... :whistle2:s

bread's done
Back