Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

[quote name='Thomas96']well hell.. no need of putting MGS1 on there, if you aren't going to give them MGS4....[/QUOTE]

That's retarded.

Why did they put COD4 on the PS3 if they didn't put COD1 or 2 on it? :roll:

[quote name='zewone']That's retarded.

Why did they put COD4 on the PS3 if they didn't put COD1 or 2 on it? :roll:[/quote]

Agreed. Look at Final Fantasy, it was with Nintendo for 1-6, then has been Sony only since. Devil May Cry 4 sold very well on Xbox 360 even though 1-3 was only on PS2.

I felt that the first MGS had the best themes, but it is practically impossible for me to compare it with the rest of the scores. Without a doubt, MGS had the best "encounter" music, although "Battle in the Jungle" from MGS3 comes close.

HGW's work on MGS3 is fucking EPIC, however. MGS3 Main Theme, Virtuous Mission, Debriefing...what kind of drugs does this man do to come up with these compositions.

[quote name='Megalith']I felt that the first MGS had the best themes, but it is practically impossible for me to compare it with the rest of the scores. Without a doubt, MGS had the best "encounter" music, although "Battle in the Jungle" from MGS3 comes close.

HGW's work on MGS3 is fucking EPIC, however. MGS3 Main Theme, Virtuous Mission, Debriefing...what kind of drugs does this man do to come up with these compositions.[/quote]

he swallows xbox 360's whole.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it is possible seeing as Microsoft published the PC version.[/quote]

That's true. Plus MGS2 was on Xbox. It just seems that XBLA games tend to take forever to get certified, whatever that process entails.

Castlevania SOTN came to to XBLA, so I suppose Microsoft and Konami could make it work with the arcade game file size limit being bumped up to 350 megabits.

Everybody is talking about the 350MB limit.... I don't think they could ever get it under that. If the rumor is true, it would have to be released like an Xbox Original Title and not have any limit.

[quote name='zewone']That's retarded.

Why did they put COD4 on the PS3 if they didn't put COD1 or 2 on it? :roll:[/QUOTE]

you know zewone, i'm about tired of stupid slick mouth... don't respond to anthing else I say... please.

- what's the point of Konami putting MGS1 on the 360. The game has sold all it could sell. Hell the original is still in stores right now. (used) To me the point of putting these old games in long running franchises, serve just to advertise for the newer game. YOu get someone to buy and play MGS1 then they're going to be looking for MGS4. The only reason to have this on XBLA is to my opinion just to indirectly advertise for MGS4.

[quote name='Thomas96']you know zewone, i'm about tired of stupid slick mouth... don't respond to anthing else I say... please.

- what's the point of Konami putting MGS1 on the 360. The game has sold all it could sell. Hell the original is still in stores right now. (used) To me the point of putting these old games in long running franchises, serve just to advertise for the newer game. YOu get someone to buy and play MGS1 then they're going to be looking for MGS4. The only reason to have this on XBLA is to my opinion just to indirectly advertise for MGS4.[/QUOTE]

What was the point of them putting SOTN on XBLA then, genius?

[quote name='zewone']What was the point of them putting SOTN on XBLA then, genius?[/QUOTE]

advertisement for the upcoming Castlevania game, [at that time it was Castlevania PSP] THAT may not be the pure reason, but MGS is a different franchise, they just spent all this money developing for the PS3, where there isn't that much user base, so they need to solicit people to buy MGS4 now.

[quote name='Thomas96']advertisement for the upcoming Castlevania game, [at that time it was Castlevania PSP][/QUOTE]

You're _______ than I thought.

March 21, 2007
vs.
October 23, 2007

The reason they released it couldn't be because it's a great game that would sell well on a different console, and it cost them very little to port it?

[quote name='zewone']You're _______ than I thought.

March 21, 2007
vs.
October 23, 2007

The reason they released it couldn't be because it's a great game that would sell well on a different console, and it cost them very little to port it?[/QUOTE]

that might not be true in terms of castlevania but its true in regards to MGS4.

Of course its for profit, but damn are you that dense and can't see that its a form of advertising for the MGS4...

I am better than you thought... thanks for the compliment..

How is it advertising you ___ing re___?

MGS4 comes out in 3 days, this XBLA title is months, maybe a year away. It has nothing to do with MGS4!

I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about, but I know that 6/12 is Thursday, but dude at Gamestop (who is, unlike the norm, not a blithering idiot) said the midnight launch is Tuesday at midnight (so 25 hours from now). That's the evening of 6/10-6/11, though.

Perhaps he misspoke, and the GS midnight openings are Wednesday evening?

[quote name='zewone']How is it advertising you ___ing re___?

MGS4 comes out in 3 days, this XBLA title is months, maybe a year away. It has nothing to do with MGS4![/QUOTE]

MGS has nothing to do with MGS4.. if MGS1 comes out while MGS4 is still exclusive to PS3, then it could lead xbox 360 fans buying MGS4. Its not a traditional type of advertising, but it can have that effect. An effect one would be ignorant to overlook.

[quote name='mykevermin']I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about, but I know that 6/12 is Thursday, but dude at Gamestop (who is, unlike the norm, not a blithering idiot) said the midnight launch is Tuesday at midnight (so 25 hours from now). That's the evening of 6/10-6/11, though.

Perhaps he misspoke, and the GS midnight openings are Wednesday evening?[/quote]

Yeah, your boy needs to get himself a calendar and start reading company memos. He's going to be very lonely Tuesday night when no one shows up.

[quote name='Thomas96']MGS has nothing to do with MGS4.. if MGS1 comes out while MGS4 is still exclusive to PS3, then it could lead xbox 360 fans buying MGS4. Its not a traditional type of advertising, but it can have that effect. An effect one would be ignorant to overlook.[/quote]

lol its still too far too predict. ure probably over thinking things and 360 owners are just getting MGS1 as a DL game and thats it.

but... MGS has nothing to do with MGS4? lol uh the stories are connected because the main character is solid snake...

[quote name='Optical']I just preordered my LE today, any chance they still have the bonus disc?[/quote]

i didnt get one with it :(

does anyone know where i can still buy it?

[quote name='Furashu']i didnt get one with it :(

does anyone know where i can still buy it?[/QUOTE]

You mean the Saga volume 2 dvd? Check Best Buy, they should have tons of them. Only $5 too.

I got an email and if you live in the W. Hollywood area, the BB is having a midnight launch with:

David Hayter - snake's voice
Kenichiro Imaizumi - sr. producer
Ryan Payton - Associate producer
Yumi Kikuchi - Asian female model for one of the "Beast" bosses (she's the girl who's currently my avatar).

Best Buy

Address: 1015 N. La Brea Ave, W. Hollywood, CA 90038

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend...but if anyone does go..lets us know how it was!

[quote name='CrimGhost']You mean the Saga volume 2 dvd? Check Best Buy, they should have tons of them. Only $5 too.[/quote]

Fry's has them too, if it's the thing I'm thinking of. Black cover with a silver Snake on it? They're $5 there too.

[quote name='Furashu']lol its still too far too predict. ure probably over thinking things and 360 owners are just getting MGS1 as a DL game and thats it.

but... MGS has nothing to do with MGS4? lol uh the stories are connected because the main character is solid snake...[/QUOTE]

I don't know how well MGS1 will do on xbox, but can we not say that if anyone who buys MGS1 and plays it for a while, will not be tempted at least considering the next gen version - MGS4. I think its the same thing happening in regards to Bionic Commando - bring out rearmed first, and get people excited or at least thinking about the series, and then bring out the next gen version.

Wait till that next gen Contra comes out.. then you'll see a contra up on XBLA. [uhh bad example]

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so true... same here.

on a good note, this sounds so badass and is very likely!!! A game where Ocelot is the main character? sign me up!!!

http://gamerush.zoomshare.com/files...ar_3_Revolver_Ocelot_to_be_unveiled_at_E3.htm

no spoilers since most people like to be notified with links.

also, it's been confirmed that MGS1 will be coming to PSN in the next month or so.[/quote]

I think the picture is a fake. Metal Gear title cards are always centered on the screen (although I don't remember Ac!d or Portable Ops).

[quote name='Optical']Do you think they will be sought after like the Saga Volume 1 discs?[/quote]

No. Oversaturation of the volume has all but killed that. Even late adopters can still pick up copies. Anyone who buys one on Ebay is a sucker.

*Looks at his MG Saga V.1, 2 and Document of MGS on shelf*
:cool:

[quote name='espy605']I think the picture is a fake. Metal Gear title cards are always centered on the screen (although I don't remember Ac!d or Portable Ops).[/QUOTE]

Ac!d 2 was to the side. I can't remember but I think the first Ac!d was as well.

even if the screen is fake, I think the source is reliable.

Just got back from the Target in American Fork, UT.....

Not only did they sell MGS4 early but they completely sold out of it. They gave me a raincheck for it (not sure why though because the raincheck has the full price on it). They told me to go to another local Target that had it in stock so I did.

The guys at the other target said, "It doesn't come out until Thursday." So I told them about the other Target selling out of them, and they said they'd check it out. They grabbed a copy from the back and tried to ring it up, but the computer wouldn't let them. Then they called the first Target I went to and chewed them out for selling it early!

Doesn't matter because I left empty handed.....

I got a courtesy call regarding MGS4 and the midnight launch, I'm not much of an all-nighter though so I'll have to skip that. I'll just drop by before-hand and make sure I'm getting my LE ;O

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Ac!d 2 was to the side. I can't remember but I think the first Ac!d was as well.

even if the screen is fake, I think the source is reliable.[/quote]

I wish they'd stop releasing Metal Gear games on the PSP. I hate playing on that thing, gimme a PS2 port of all the Ac!d and Ops games.

[quote name='Psykodelik']I got an email and if you live in the W. Hollywood area, the BB is having a midnight launch with:

David Hayter - snake's voice
Kenichiro Imaizumi - sr. producer
Ryan Payton - Associate producer
Yumi Kikuchi - Asian female model for one of the "Beast" bosses (she's the girl who's currently my avatar).

Best Buy

Address: 1015 N. La Brea Ave, W. Hollywood, CA 90038

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend...but if anyone does go..lets us know how it was![/quote]

Anybody have any idea how big this event is going to be? I got an email from Playstation about the event lines starting at 7:45pm and the event beginning at midnight. Is there going to be a huge turnout? There's not much press about it, except on gaming websites. Anyone know how big the HMV turnout was?

Any idea what happened with the art books?

I just called my GS and they said it was for LE versions only. It even disappeared off their website. But I called to make sure and they said you can pick it up at the time of purchase.

This article says "either" edition will get it.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6189066.html

Those who buy either edition from GameStop can also get a Metal Gear Solid 4 art book at the time of purchase, while supplies last.

Paid off my MGS4 LE at GS today with a few trades and confirmed that they're doing a midnight launch for it, both workers mentioned that they'll be there to get their own copies, as well.

One more day. Can't wait.

Well I got my regular edition payed off....

However my local GS manager said they have 2 extra LE copies that aren't pre-ordered, so I am hoping I can snag one of those.

bread's done
Back