Metal Gear Solid 4 Question

rodieremix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So I am getting a PS3 and I haven't really kept up on it much at all. I don't plan on getting too many games, but one that I will absolutely positively get is Metal Gear Solid 4. My question though is that if they are going to redo it like they did with MGS 2 and 3 with Substance and Subsistence respectively. I've waited this long to get the game and I don't have a problem waiting longer if they have something like this in the pipeline.

For the record since I'll probably be asked, I found my dad a really good deal on a new TV and it came with a free PS3. Since I know he doesn't care about the PS3 I'm going to swap him my Blu-Ray player for it. Since I've already built up my 360 collection I'll probably continue to use it for games and the PS3 for Blu-Rays and exclusives. Speaking of which other recommended exclusives would be appreciated (I already plan on getting Little Big Planet and Infamous, when the prices are right of course :D).

Im sure another version of MGS4 will come out eventually, but who knows when? For exclusives, Uncharted 1&2, Socom Confrontation if you like Multiplayer, Resistance 2 is okay and can be had for cheap, and a bunch of PSN games like Fat Princess, PixelJunk series, Ecochrome, High Velocity Bowling, some others as well

i dont think they will remake it if anything there may be a 360 version down the line but i dont , imo, see what the reason to remake it would be. that said you can get mgs4 pretty cheap now if you do some searching and dont care if its used.

I don't see them making another version since they're currently working on 2 other mgs games and a castlevania game. Kojima also promised Zone of the Enders 3 will happen so his plate is full.

[quote name='jrsmaster411']I don't see them making another version since they're currently working on 2 other mgs games and a castlevania game. Kojima also promised Zone of the Enders 3 will happen so his plate is full.[/QUOTE]

Zone of the Enders 3! :hot:

Yes!

I get the sneaking suspicion that they are either working on another MGS4 or will do something to this version via patch or DLC. I always remember this quote from August of this year...

“Just to address one issue that we've been getting a lot of comments about. And this is, of course, about Trophies,” a Konami representative said in a recent podcast. “I just wanna tell everybody out there right now that your voices are being heard and that we're not ignoring you. We hear everything that you are saying. It's just that we can't say anything just yet.”

The "we can't say anything yet" part makes me wonder what they may have planned. Hopefully whatever it is, it works with current MGS4 copies out there.

[quote name='Saint Noir']I get the sneaking suspicion that they are either working on another MGS4 or will do something to this version via patch or DLC. I always remember this quote from August of this year...

“Just to address one issue that we've been getting a lot of comments about. And this is, of course, about Trophies,” a Konami representative said in a recent podcast. “I just wanna tell everybody out there right now that your voices are being heard and that we're not ignoring you. We hear everything that you are saying. It's just that we can't say anything just yet.”

The "we can't say anything yet" part makes me wonder what they may have planned. Hopefully whatever it is, it works with current MGS4 copies out there.[/QUOTE]
This.

I've been hearing about a trophy capable MGS4 since I first heard about the trophy system.

I'd just get MGS4 for cheap. If another, better version comes out, you aren't out a lot of money, if you MUST have the new one.

As for exclusives, the Ratchet & Clank games are a lot of fun, too!

[quote name='mf44']I'd just get MGS4 for cheap. If another, better version comes out, you aren't out a lot of money, if you MUST have the new one.

As for exclusives, the Ratchet & Clank games are a lot of fun, too![/QUOTE]

Get every Ratchet possible. Awesome series.

[quote name='rodieremix']So I am getting a PS3 and I haven't really kept up on it much at all. I don't plan on getting too many games, but one that I will absolutely positively get is Metal Gear Solid 4. My question though is that if they are going to redo it like they did with MGS 2 and 3 with Substance and Subsistence respectively. I've waited this long to get the game and I don't have a problem waiting longer if they have something like this in the pipeline.

For the record since I'll probably be asked, I found my dad a really good deal on a new TV and it came with a free PS3. Since I know he doesn't care about the PS3 I'm going to swap him my Blu-Ray player for it. Since I've already built up my 360 collection I'll probably continue to use it for games and the PS3 for Blu-Rays and exclusives. Speaking of which other recommended exclusives would be appreciated (I already plan on getting Little Big Planet and Infamous, when the prices are right of course :D).[/QUOTE]

inFamous is currently $22 and change from GoHastings.com with their 30% used games deal they have going. It'll come to more with shipping and tax, of course, but under $30 for an exclusive title isn't a bad deal.

Actually, if you have a Fry's near you, I believe they were doing a deal with inFamous and the first Uncharted for $39.80. I'll see if I can find the thread about that deal to see if it's ongoing and if I got the store where the deal is right.

Here's the link to the thread with the info about the deal, OP: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245184&highlight=infamous+fry's

As far as MGS 4 goes, I have a disc only copy I could let go of for like $15 SHIPPED. I'd ship it out in a PS3 case at least, since as of now it's in a plain black DVD case. The disc itself is mint.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']inFamous is currently $22 and change from GoHastings.com with their 30% used games deal they have going. It'll come to more with shipping and tax, of course, but under $30 for an exclusive title isn't a bad deal.

Actually, if you have a Fry's near you, I believe they were doing a deal with inFamous and the first Uncharted for $39.80. I'll see if I can find the thread about that deal to see if it's ongoing and if I got the store where the deal is right.

Here's the link to the thread with the info about the deal, OP: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245184&highlight=infamous+fry's

As far as MGS 4 goes, I have a disc only copy I could let go of for like $15 SHIPPED. I'd ship it out in a PS3 case at least, since as of now it's in a plain black DVD case. The disc itself is mint.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I do not have a Fry's near me (they always seem to have really good deals, so this really chaps my ass). Appreciate the MGS4 offer but it's my favorite game series so I'll be looking for a complete copy. Thanks though.

To the others who mentioned the R & C games that's another series I have on my watchlist. I LOVE platformers so they're a no-brainer. Completely forgot to mention them in my original post.

it's been quite some time since mgs4 came out so if they're going to release a definitive edition i hope they're smart enough to add trophies plus all the mgo expansions to it. but notice, "it's been quite some time." they might've moved onto other things.

as mentioned earlier, the dev team that worked on mgs4 i believe is working on peace walker at the moment. kojima probably has a say so as to what's going to go on with a new version of mgs4 but he probably has somebody else doing the dirty work.

I have had mgs4 sitting on my shelf unplayed for 6 months waiting for trophy support. If they do trophies only in a new "substance" edition, I'll be pissed. But the fact that they are taking so damn long to add trophies makes me think that it is likely going to be that way.
~S

[quote name='Lord Darkstorn']MGS4 is the best game on the PS3. It's a no-brainer.[/QUOTE]

I think that's dependent on if you played the first 3 solid games (or others). Otherwise it's kind of lacking. I loved it- favorite game of 2008.

[quote name='Malik112099']Fixed.[/QUOTE]

lol seriously this is the correct statement. mgs4 is ok but nowhere near the best ps3 game.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I have had mgs4 sitting on my shelf unplayed for 6 months waiting for trophy support. If they do trophies only in a new "substance" edition, I'll be pissed. But the fact that they are taking so damn long to add trophies makes me think that it is likely going to be that way.
~S[/QUOTE]

You refuse to play a game until you see if they're going to add trophies? Me too.:roll: I'm kidding on that point, since while trophies are a nice addition for people that wanna feel like they accomplished something(other than wasting X hours playing the game) I play the games for the sake of playing the games.

Whatever happened to just playing games for the fun of playing them and not worrying about if you're getting your cheesemints for doing this or that?

As for the best game on PS3, I beg to differ. It's not even a game on the PS3 that's the best game ever. It's Aquaman for PS2 and Xbox from last gen.

/sarcasm

Hell, just buy this movie game for $30, since it's on the GH list.

Also, don't forget about MGS:R

Metal_Gear_Solid__Rising_by_alby13.jpg

Teaser.

bread's done
Back