Metal Gear Solid Collection $19.99 at Walmart (In-Store only)

DemonsMaster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Saw it was a rollback price so not sure if it's temporary or if it’s a permanent drop, either way fantastic price for 3 great games, I went ahead and picked it up since I never bought the re-made edition of either MGS2 or 3 and was thinking about shopping around GameStop’s used copies.

Anyways sorry if this is only a regional thing (I'm in western Washington)

Currently $49 new from Amazon

Also sorry for not posting this in the Wal-mart store thread...I sort of forgot it even existed :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
More than a few at my local Super Walmart, too. For some reason, I think they'll wind up remaking these games into some kind of collection for PS3/360. I'll wait for that.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']More than a few at my local Super Walmart, too. For some reason, I think they'll wind up remaking these games into some kind of collection for PS3/360. I'll wait for that.[/QUOTE]

I doubt this. People need to stop thinking just cause something is a popular Sony property it's going to get a PS3 collection.

I need to go check and see if mine still has a few of these. I just got my backwards-compatible PS3 and I don't know of any other set I'd like to play more.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']More than a few at my local Super Walmart, too. For some reason, I think they'll wind up remaking these games into some kind of collection for PS3/360. I'll wait for that.[/QUOTE]

That would be an amazing collection but I really doubt they would do that since they JUST released this one in 2008.

The big collection I'm really looking forward Sony to doing is PS3 HD remakes of Ico/Sotc

[quote name='Buuhan1']I doubt this. People need to stop thinking just cause something is a popular Sony property it's going to get a PS3 collection.[/QUOTE]

It deserves one, though. It'd be nice to get an HD remake of even the first one that doesn't have all the Matrix-type crap that you get with The Twin Snakes.

Anyway, as everyone else stated, $19.99 is the standard price for this at Walmart. Great price, too. I paid $30 at Sears last year, and it was worth it for that price.

[quote name='sgaldis']I wonder if these are out of print?[/QUOTE]

They are not. Wal-Mart just restocked these across the nation. Same with the Resident Evil 3 pack (PS2).

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']It deserves one, though. It'd be nice to get an HD remake of even the first one that doesn't have all the Matrix-type crap that you get with The Twin Snakes.

Anyway, as everyone else stated, $19.99 is the standard price for this at Walmart. Great price, too. I paid $30 at Sears last year, and it was worth it for that price.[/QUOTE]
I don't understand why everyone got so mad about Twin Snake's direction. Kojima's great but he's not too good of a director in my opinion, this time they got a real guy.

For example, in some cutscenes when two characters are simply talking (in the original), there would be all sorts of flashy transitions when the characters are JUST STANDING STILL. Then slow-mo when they turn around.

Twin Snakes, while over-the-top (how is that a bad thing?) made every cutscene visually interesting while providing great narrative.

Picked this up a Walmart for $20 a couple months back. Been this price for awhile, but good to get some attention.

[quote name='oasisboy']They are not. Wal-Mart just restocked these across the nation. Same with the Resident Evil 3 pack (PS2).[/QUOTE]

What's this RE pack? I cant even find that online. What does it include?

Also, does anyone know where I can get the MGS (or RE) collections online for a similar price $20ish ?
thanks!

[quote name='Buuhan1']I doubt this. People need to stop thinking just cause something is a popular Sony property it's going to get a PS3 collection.[/QUOTE]

Haha, well, even if they DON'T make it a collection, I have a hard time believing Konami'll pass up the chance to throw these onto PSN where they'll be compatible with every PS3. Don't want to own a PS2. Someday, I may even own a PS3 incapable of playing PS2 games and then I'd have a shiny collection of games that... won't play.

When i picked this up in March it was the last copy in the case. Not sure if its out of print but never saw it at a Gamestop.

Considering how well GOW Collection sold, the strong likelihood of the Team Ico Collection and Sony's recent survey (featuring a lot of non-Sony properties), I think people can go on thinking whatever they like.

[quote name='yesiamaplant']Considering how well GOW Collection sold, the strong likelihood of the Team Ico Collection and Sony's recent survey (featuring a lot of non-Sony properties), I think people can go on thinking whatever they like.[/QUOTE]

Here's hoping for an announcement at E3 about the Team Ico Collection...

[quote name='mitnosi']I wouldn't mind buying old classics in HD. I say keep em coming.[/QUOTE]

Damn skippy.:applause:

If every movie can get a BluRay re-release, I don't see why games could not.
It's not like once Toy Story 3 get release, TS1 and TS2 should always be stuck in DVD and Video Tape.

i saw this at walmart as well didn't know if it was wroth posting since i have never gotten into metal gear, why not start now though.

i just picked it up today. great deal for $20. was gonna pick up an extra and see if anyone wanted it but i figured by the time i shipped it it'd be more like $27 after tax etc so wasnt sure if anyone would still want...

Yeah so they sit around waiting for it and it never comes out, all the while missing out on playing a good game just because they want to play it with prettier graphics.

And you wont see the collection on the 360, ever. MGS1 was only on ps1 and then ported to gamecube, MGS2 was only on ps2 and then ported to the 360, MGS3 is ps2 only. Would be to much trouble to mess with trying to get them all together.

A bunch of my Wal Marts have this. One of my local ones still has 2 copies of SOCOM with the BT headset for $15, as well. I already bought 2, so I'm leaving the others there until the next drop :)

bread's done
Back