Metal Gear Solid Essentials $19.99 @ Amazon

xGunCrazyx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
51fh4wts3ulsl500aa280.jpg

Metal Gear Solid Essentials $19.99 @ Amazon.com

Had this in my cart last few days, noticed it dropped $10 :)

I hope this stays at this price for at least a couple of days. I get paid on Monday and would love to pick this up. My 60GB PS3 will have no problem playing these games.

The only downside to this package is the lack of the MGS3 bonus disc with the enhanced MSX versions of Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2.

[quote name='opportunity777']Very soon, only the 20 and 60 will have it.[/QUOTE]

The original 20GB, 60GB, and the 80GB that was bundled with a Motorstorm or MGS4.

[quote name='opportunity777']Very soon, only the 20 and 60 will have it.[/QUOTE]

Wow really? I thought the current 80GB had it, seems like those are superior to the rest. Just read online that they both have 4 USB ports while the new ones have 2. I bet you those go for up to 400$ on eBay and similar stores.

[quote name='MootPoon817']great pack, too bad ps3 cant play 2 games...[/QUOTE]

You assholes never stop, do you? How much is MS paying you to troll CAG? This deal is for a PS/PS2 games, NOT PS3 so take your trolling elsewhere.

[quote name='MootPoon817']Wow really? I thought the current 80GB had it, seems like those are superior to the rest. Just read online that they both have 4 USB ports while the new ones have 2. I bet you those go for up to 400$ on eBay and similar stores.[/QUOTE]

Ruibing is right, only the old 80s also have (software) BC.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']You assholes never stop, do you? How much is MS paying you to troll CAG? This deal is for a PS/PS2 games, NOT PS3 so take your trolling elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Wow idiot nice job, I have a ps2, i was just unfortunate that ps3 users can't play these games. Try and think before you post idiot.

[quote name='MootPoon817']Wow idiot nice job, I have a ps2, i was just unfortunate that ps3 users can't play these games. Try and think before you post idiot.[/QUOTE]

While he was overly presumptuous and abrasive, I can KINDA see the point he is making. I have an 80GB BC-compat PS3, and tons of people have those plus 20/60GB models. Just because some PS3s can't play them doesn't mean a general statement like "ps3 users can't play these games" is warranted. Even if people own a 80/160GB PS3 that lack BC, I bet those same people already own a PS2, so they can still play these amazing games.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Yeah, it's a fantastic deal at $30, no excuse for not owning it for $20 :p
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
I agree it would be a huge mistake not to own this at this great price.

I would also recommend this item. The Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 in this collection are the enhanced versions from Subsistence and Substance. If you like Metal Gear now would be the time to pick this up as it will most likely be out of print soon.

[quote name='opportunity777']Ruibing is right, only the old 80s also have (software) BC.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the 80GB PS3 with software BC last year because I knew they were gonna yank it from newer systems to cut costs. It has 4 USB ports, a mirror-chrome finish on the front, and a memory card reader.

Btw, the software BC runs every PS2 disc in my collection perfectly, and I have 70+ games. I rarely play any of them anymore though.

But back to the thread topic: that collection looks like a great deal. Unfortunately I have PS2 copies of MGS2 and MGS3, so I'm not sure if this would be a good buy for me.

[quote name='UCLAKoolman']Unfortunately I have PS2 copies of MGS2 and MGS3, so I'm not sure if this would be a good buy for me.[/QUOTE]

If you don't have Substance and Subsistence, then it's probably still worth it
Both enhanced versions are included in this bundle :)

And you can sell/trade in the extra copies if all you want is the first MGS. Actually, prices for the first MGS have dropped a bit online since this came out.

bread's done
Back