Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (360) $29.99 @ Newegg & Amazon (DEAD)

roymustang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Only the 360 version for now. Seems like a good deal, better than Kmart's $34.99 BF deal anyway.

360 Version on Newegg

Note: It says the regular price is $39.99 but that's a mistake it's actually $49.99 so it's $20 off.

UPDATE: Amazon matched Newegg on the 360 version but the PS3 version is still $49.99 sadly.

360 Version on Amazon

UPDATE2:Newegg raised the price to $39.99. I'm guessing that it was actually supposed to be $39.99 from the beginning. Amazon still has it for $29.99 but will probably switch it once they get wind of Newegg's change.

UPDATE3: Amazon adjusted it to $39.99 to match Newegg, the deal is dead, I doubt we'll see that price again for a while so I hope you got it while it was live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decisions...decisions...

Should I order now and pay sales tax or roll the dice and hope Amazon matches and avoid paying sales tax. WWCD - What Would CheapyD Do

[quote name='LordVila']Decisions...decisions...

Should I order now and pay sales tax or roll the dice and hope Amazon matches and avoid paying sales tax. WWCD - What Would CheapyD Do[/QUOTE]

cheapyd isn't poor like the rest of us :D

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Makes sense the 360 version will see more sales, as the core MGS audience are probably Sony fans, whereas people who own a 360 probably owned an XBOX and never got into the series, save for the port of MGS2[/QUOTE]

Speculative numbers have it selling like 4 to 1 PS3 to 360 so, yeah.

My grandmother asked me what I wanted yesterday for Christmas, this plus a cash combo sounds like a great way to end Christmas night :D

I am the same way. I have already bought so much up to Xmas, that there isn't much left I would want... to leave it for a list or not...

I just got an invoice from newegg that says KONAMI METAL GEAR SOLID HD CE 29.99
I got so happy thinking I'm about to get the collectors edition/ limited edition, but the CE probably means Collection lol

[quote name='yuyak']I resisted for a few minutes but that just pushed it over the edge.[/QUOTE]

Amazon couldn't one up them and offer the PS3 version huh? Oh well, I can wait. I only really want the collection for Peace Walker so not paying 50. 2 and 3 in HD are nice but who knows if I'll get around to playing those again.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']I have a question which one looks better? The PS3 version or the 360 version and does one offer more features over the other?[/QUOTE]

get the PS3 version

[quote name='Rainman']dont know to either wait or pull the trigger. i see this going to 20$ for black friday. (or so i hope)[/QUOTE]

I really dont see it going that much lower than MSRP. Plus they are only matching newegg.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']I have a question which one looks better? The PS3 version or the 360 version and does one offer more features over the other?[/QUOTE]

Don't know which one looks better, 2 & 3 are upscaled PS2 games so they really don't look all that great.

PS3 controller uses pressure sensitive controls, which is what the original game had. I guess those have been re-mapped for the 360 controller.

PS3 also has more trophies than 360 has achievements, if you're into that sort of thing (I am). Each game has a platinum on PS3, but MGS2/3 only have about 500 Gamerscore each, Peace Walker still has 1000.

Finally, it's all on 1 disc on PS3, 2 discs on 360.

I bought it from Newegg before the price match, but my invoice says

"KONAMI METAL GEAR SOLID HD CE X360"

Though I'm guessing the CE stands for Collection and not the Limited Edition but one can hope :p

There's plenty of fanboy nonsense out there; I really don't think anything but the following matters. This is from the MGS wiki:

The PS3 version of the games will also implement a new system called "Transfarring" which will allow players to switch the game between home and portable consoles, thus allowing continuous gameplay of the same file between systems. Peace Walker will be able to transfer saves between the PS3 and PlayStation Portable while Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 will be transferable to the PlayStation Vita.

The Xbox 360 version will come with four avatar items, one each for Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 and two for Peace Walker. Metal Gear RAY and Shagohod represent Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 respectively. The Tank Box and Peace Walker represent Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

[quote name='Shimmerz']I bought it from Newegg before the price match, but my invoice says

"KONAMI METAL GEAR SOLID HD CE X360"

Though I'm guessing the CE stands for Collection and not the Limited Edition but one can hope :p[/QUOTE]

they never carried LE

[quote name='Zurcamos']There's plenty of fanboy nonsense out there; I really don't think anything but the following matters. This is from the MGS wiki:

The PS3 version of the games will also implement a new system called "Transfarring" which will allow players to switch the game between home and portable consoles, thus allowing continuous gameplay of the same file between systems. Peace Walker will be able to transfer saves between the PS3 and PlayStation Portable while Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 will be transferable to the PlayStation Vita.

The Xbox 360 version will come with four avatar items, one each for Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 and two for Peace Walker. Metal Gear RAY and Shagohod represent Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 respectively. The Tank Box and Peace Walker represent Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.[/QUOTE]

US version doesnt have avatar

In for one from Amazon. I was going wait until it dropped to $20 but $30 is close enough since it just came out a week or two ago.

hmmmm well now idk haha, do you think amazon will match the PS3 version on friday?
since its gonna be $35 at kmart , the pluses are of course its on a single disc, dat TRANSFARRING haha and the controller might be better with the dual shock.

I have about an hour to decide for it to come Wednesday . hmmm

[quote name='Zurcamos']You are the one and only source I've seen that says this.[/QUOTE]
Have a second source then. I've finished MGS2 and am nearing finishing MGS3 and have gotten no such avatar item unlocks. So unless I somehow missed one in the manual or they're all hidden on the Peace Walker disc, we did not in fact get any free avatar items.

I'm sad like many others, as I would have giggled at the opportunity of a Metal Gear RAY bouncing around at my Avatar's feet. Sadly, no can do without paying $5. :cry: (Also while I imagine Zeke is some sort of predecessor, I definitely would love to have an Avatar item of REX.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Have a second source then. I've finished MGS2 and am nearing finishing MGS3 and have gotten no such avatar item unlocks. So unless I somehow missed one in the manual or they're all hidden on the Peace Walker disc, we did not in fact get any free avatar items.

I'm sad like many others, as I would have giggled at the opportunity of a Metal Gear RAY bouncing around at my Avatar's feet. Sadly, no can do without paying $5. :cry: (Also while I imagine Zeke is some sort of predecessor, I definitely would love to have an Avatar item of REX.

[quote name='beard_of_zeus']Man, why won't someone put the PS3 version on sale? I'd be all over that.[/QUOTE]

So far it seems to be the best HD Collection saleswise and it's on two platforms. The numbers on PS3 are a lot better so naturally it won't show up in too many deals right away.

Toys 'R Us had it in their buy 1 get 1 40% off last week (since it was for all games) but otherwise I haven't seen any real deals for that version yet besides K-mart's this week.

This is my first time ordering from Newegg so I have some questions. Do they ship games in a box or an envelope thing like amazon? Also since it's thanksgiving week do you guys think deliveries are still made on Thursday and Friday? If not I'll be a little mad, good thing I have skyrim to keep me occupied though.

[quote name='Kablasia']This is my first time ordering from Newegg so I have some questions. Do they ship games in a box or an envelope thing like amazon? Also since it's thanksgiving week do you guys think deliveries are still made on Thursday and Friday? If not I'll be a little mad, good thing I have skyrim to keep me occupied though.[/QUOTE]

It looks like USPS and UPS are closed Thurs and Fri. So I don't think they'll be making deliveries. Sorry...

bread's done
Back