Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $5 Credit Pre-order Bonus for Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Darn it! I pre-ordered MGS HD Collection LE last week, and also pre-ordered MGS Rising many months ago with some credit that has expired by now. So messing with the Rising order is no longer an option.

Maybe I just contact customer service when I get the $5 Rising credit and have them convert it into a general credit.

wth? why are there so many games coming out now all at once that I want on release day? Sure there were other years with great games, but all of em I could wait for a price drop.

Thanks op, not that substantial but I'm thinking this will add up upon release of rising.

I wish this came with the steelbook and MGS1 voucher as well like the UK edition. That looks like a nice artbook but I'm not sure about an extra 30.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'll wait on the limited edition to drop. I love this series, but I already have the essential collection. This is a great series indeed.[/QUOTE]

That probably won't happen considering it's a MGS LE. They don't usually stick around for long.

It's a little concerning in regards to how quiet Konami has been on Rising for the past couple of years. As much hate as MGS2 received, I still can't wait to play through it again. :)

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']That probably won't happen considering it's a MGS LE. They don't usually stick around for long.[/QUOTE]
Konami seems to have been aware of how many additional sales they could have had on the MGS3S LE. The MGS4 LE wasn't nearly as scarce.

I must have been on another planet.
I thought it was supposed to include Twin Snakes?
I would think it would take very little to port that over.

[quote name='Zimmy']I must have been on another planet.
I thought it was supposed to include Twin Snakes?
I would think it would take very little to port that over.[/QUOTE]
iirc, Nintendo actually owns Twin Snakes, so maybe that's why?

And I think people fail to understand this isn't one of those 20 page paper artbooks that comes with a lot of "limited editions" that just has promo screenshots you've already seen.

It's a full 250-page ish hardback copy of an artbook.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The LE is $30 more for just an artbook? Yikes.[/QUOTE]

This isn't one of those 20 page paper artbooks that comes with a lot of "limited editions" that just has promo screenshots you've already seen.

It's a full 250-page ish hardback copy of an artbook.

[quote name='bruistopher']This isn't one of those 20 page paper artbooks that comes with a lot of "limited editions" that just has promo screenshots you've already seen.

It's a full 250-page ish hardback copy of an artbook.[/QUOTE]

Right so you are paying $30 extra dollars for an artbook. Again great if you want a artbook, but they could have given a little more to this LE

The MGS series is one of my all-time favorites, and I'll be getting this, but why has amazon been so skimpy on credit lately? They're not offering one for BF3, and only a $10 one for MW3?

$30 artbook has me hesitant on the LE version. But I know if I don't scoop it up I could possibly miss it completely.

Wish it came with a DVD or something, I think I am one of the few people who actually enjoys those "Making of" DVD's, but then again, HD-ifying older games might not be very entertaining to film or to watch.

[quote name='mr_bungle']The MGS series is one of my all-time favorites, and I'll be getting this, but why has amazon been so skimpy on credit lately? They're not offering one for BF3, and only a $10 one for MW3?[/QUOTE]

Yea, they have been pretty disappointing lately. I use to buy a lot of games on release day because of their promos, and sell them (usually for a minimal loss, or sometimes even a slight gain) after finishing them. Needless to say, my day one purchases on Amazon have been reduced significantly.

I'm personally ecstatic about the artbook. 30 bucks for 250 pages of Shinkawa's work is a fucking steal.

Edit: Also, WHY isn't Amazon doing release-day shipping on this!? Come on!

The US LE is kind of a rip-off when you consider what other regions got for the same price. The UK got a Steelbook, a code to get MSG on PSN, and 5 Art cards in addition to the art book. It was also limited to 4,000 making it truly a limited item.

Despite that, I think the book itself is probably worth around $30, and would retail for around that if sold separately. I just wish they included a little something extra to make this bundle seem like a decent value.

I'm impressed they are actually going to release Rising. It looks godawful, and is obviously aimed at a completely different crowd than actual Metal Gear Solid games.

I'm going to get this. I was a little hesitent when I bought MGS3 Subsistence Limited Edition but I don't regret that for a second now :)

[quote name='sneezebu']I'm impressed they are actually going to release Rising. It looks godawful, and is obviously aimed at a completely different crowd than actual Metal Gear Solid games.[/QUOTE]

We've seen hardly any gameplay at this point and with it being hidden so far in the shadows probably went through a good bit of changes

[quote name='sneezebu']I'm impressed they are actually going to release Rising. It looks godawful, and is obviously aimed at a completely different crowd than actual Metal Gear Solid games.[/QUOTE]

What looks awful about it? Obviously it's not your typical MGS game since you're playing as Raiden, but the slicing mechanics look pretty amazing in it. I have no doubt that it will be a good game

Does Rising even have a release date yet? Kind of a strange deal if you might not get to use the credit for a long time.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Does Rising even have a release date yet? Kind of a strange deal if you might not get to use the credit for a long time.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Amazon projects December 2012, but I haven't heard anything official yet.

So I'm new to the series, but have been waiting on something like this to do it up right... So I guess I'm wondering what is the best way to get the entire experience. I'm thinking:

Download Metal Gear Solid 1 from PSN and play that first.
Play MGS2 Sons of liberty second (sequel to 1st)
Play MGS3 Snake Eater third (prequel to 1st)
Then should I play MGS4 Guns of the Patriots after that? Where does Peace Walker come in?

Thanks in advance.

Peace walker is a prequel to but is after MGS3, so may want play it after that, then 4 as it wraps up the series mostly.

[quote name='InfamouslyCheap']So I'm new to the series, but have been waiting on something like this to do it up right... So I guess I'm wondering what is the best way to get the entire experience. I'm thinking:

Download Metal Gear Solid 1 from PSN and play that first.
Play MGS2 Sons of liberty second (sequel to 1st)
Play MGS3 Snake Eater third (prequel to 1st)
Then should I play MGS4 Guns of the Patriots after that? Where does Peace Walker come in?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
Play Peace Walker after 4. It was originally meant to be "metal gear solid 5", even if it was a prequel.

Sounds like a good order you got though. IMO it's never a good idea to play games chronologically by in-game dates, some revelations are meaningless if you never wondered them in the first place. Also jumping from MGS3 to MGS1 then to 2 (chronologically in-game) would just feel weird, from both a gameplay, graphical, and story perspective.

1, 2, 3, 4, then Peace Walker.

[quote name='Wario64']Do I get the credit if I already preordered the first day the LE was announced a few weeks ago?[/QUOTE]It says it'll be extended to all existing pre-orders, so you should, yes.

Just to be safe, I'd recommend screen-capping the page or printing the page to PDF, so if they do yank it, you're covered either way.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Play Peace Walker after 4. It was originally meant to be "metal gear solid 5", even if it was a prequel.

Sounds like a good order you got though. IMO it's never a good idea to play games chronologically by in-game dates, some revelations are meaningless if you never wondered them in the first place. Also jumping from MGS3 to MGS1 then to 2 (chronologically in-game) would just feel weird, from both a gameplay, graphical, and story perspective.

1, 2, 3, 4, then Peace Walker.[/QUOTE]
you are all wrong...

play Metal Gear 1 and 2 first (note: NOT Metal Gear SOLID 1 and 2). They should be included with this version of MGS3.

after those, then play through the MGS series as Pretzle listed

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Play Peace Walker after 4. It was originally meant to be "metal gear solid 5", even if it was a prequel.

1, 2, 3, 4, then Peace Walker.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about Portable Ops which falls between MGS3 and Peace Walker.

[quote name='ml_paladin888']you are all wrong...

play Metal Gear 1 and 2 first (note: NOT Metal Gear SOLID 1 and 2). They should be included with this version of MGS3.

after those, then play through the MGS series as Pretzle listed[/QUOTE]

Actually you're wrong. Metal Gear 1 and 2 take place after the events of MGS3, and Peace Walker. Since people appear to be making a chronological list with regards to the game's timeline it wouldn't make sense to list MG1 and 2 first.

Here's the timeline:

MGS 3: Snake Eater
MGS: Portable Ops (PSP)
MGS: Peace Walker
Metal Gear (included with MGS 3 Subsistence)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (also included with Subsistence)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX/PSN)
MGS 2
MGS: Rising
MGS 4

Non-canon:

Snake's Revenge (NES)
MGS: Ghost Babel (gameboy color)
Metal Gear Ac!d 1 and 2 (PSP)
MGS: Mobile
MGS: Touch

[quote name='ml_paladin888']you are all wrong...

after those, then play through the MGS series as Pretzle listed[/QUOTE]
From what I've read, MG 1 and 2 were included with MGS 3: Subsistence, but this has MGS 3: Snake Eater. :???:

[quote name='InfamouslyCheap']From what I've read, MG 1 and 2 were included with MGS 3: Subsistence, but this has MGS 3: Snake Eater. :???:[/QUOTE]

Kojima said it'll include the Subsistence version so it should have those games.

Thanks FerDK :)

I was going to get one :360: & one :ps3: copy but according to this article, the :360: version won't be coming with a code to download Metal Gear Solid; since it's not available on XBL. Two :ps3: copies it is.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Kojima said it'll include the Subsistence version so it should have those games.[/QUOTE]
Wow, if that's true, that makes this even better, especially for someone like me who's never played the series... I guess I would start off playing MG 1 and 2, then do the MGS's in order, per others' suggestions.

Thanks for all the input.

[quote name='htown01']Thanks FerDK :)

I was going to get one :360: & one :ps3: copy but according to this article, the :360: version won't be coming with a code to download Metal Gear Solid; since it's not available on XBL. Two :ps3: copies it is.[/QUOTE]

Only the Japanese versions will have a code for the original MGS.

[quote name='htown01']Thanks FerDK :)

I was going to get one :360: & one :ps3: copy but according to this article, the :360: version won't be coming with a code to download Metal Gear Solid; since it's not available on XBL. Two :ps3: copies it is.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I think those bonus are not available for NA, just UK and Japan.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Kojima said it'll include the Subsistence version so it should have those games.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, this will come with the Subsistence version of MGS3, meaning it won't have the fixed camera. But the game will no include MG1 and 2 or any of the other bonuses on MGS3:S. I assume this is true with MGS2 also so it won't include all those bonues, these are just the games by themselves. This will be like the essential pack that was released a couple of years ago, that just had the main game but none of the extras if I recall. I could be wrong but I'm too lazy to look it up right now since I'll just wait for it to hit $20 since I already played them all and won't likely play it again anytime soon like I did with the essential pack.

[quote name='Thongsy']If I remember correctly, this will come with the Subsistence version of MGS3, meaning it won't have the fixed camera. But the game will no include MG1 and 2 or any of the other bonuses on MGS3:S. I assume this is true with MGS2 also so it won't include all those bonues, these are just the games by themselves. I could be wrong but I'm too lazy to look it up right now since I'll just wait for it to hit $20 since I already played them all and won't likely play it again anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

It comes with one disc of MGS3:S, the one that includes MG1 and MG2

What it WONT have is Metal Gear Online, or strangely enough, boss battle mode.

For MGS2, it should have all the VR training missions

bread's done
Back