Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker CE $49.99 at Barnes & Noble

I got a shipping confirmation too, and yes they ship through GameStop, which I find weird. If GameStop still has them, why did they take it off their site?

[quote name='the_punisher']I got a shipping confirmation too, and yes they ship through GameStop, which I find weird. If GameStop still has them, why did they take it off their site?[/QUOTE]

B&N probablly just didnt update.

B&N just sells games for them, B&N doesnt actually ship the game or fulfill the order.

I got burned on demons souls limited edition last year. I didnt start wanting it till after the game had shipped but B&N had the LE of it listed on their site. I call B&N customer service and they said they do have it. So I ordered it and got a email from them saying the item had been discontinued and they had no stock to place my order and left me a lamestop phone number to call if I had any questions.

I got a B&N gift card for christmas last year and used it for bayonetta off their website. The games box label said gamestop on it and not B&N. So it didnt ship from a B&N location.

Ordered one... $56.xx is a lot more than I wanted to spend on a PSP game but I definitely missed the boat on this, especially since I had so many damn $10 codes for Gamestop.com. Hopefully I get it.

[quote name='Vinny']Ordered one... $56.xx is a lot more than I wanted to spend on a PSP game but I definitely missed the boat on this, especially since I had so many damn $10 codes for Gamestop.com. Hopefully I get it.[/QUOTE]

Same, but they're going for anywhere from $80 to $120 on eBay so I figured I had no other choice.

please keep us updated on your orders. I agree it's weird that gamestop.com pulled these down, but B+N had them to ship after that. maybe a certain allocation is reserved for B+N customers.

Put a pre-order in for the game + Big Boss PSP bundle yesterday afternoon and my card got charged but still no shipping info.

[quote name='chopper731']Nice! I'm contemplating getting a UMD version as well (already bought off the PSN) and this is tempting.[/QUOTE]

I admire a gamer who admits to paying retail for a DD. Glad you're thinking about owning a physical copy, but then again you must be doing pretty good for yourself to consider owning multiple copies of a new released game.

Was kinda tempted to jump on this but coming out to about $56 for me at checkout. $16 extra just for an art book that isn't even hard cover? Guess I'm not that huge a Metal Gear fan to go for it. Pass.

I called a few Gamestops today just to see if they had any extra copies of the LE PW, and the second store I called had one so I snagged it. If you're still looking for the LE you may want to try calling around.

Glad I saw this thread, none of the GS near me will sell their Big Boss bundles without a preorder and I forgot that these guys had it online too. Ordered one and hopefully they ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure my B&N gift card was meant for books...oh well :) Got my scheduled to ship email, we'll see if it actually does in the next couple days

I didn't get a shipping email but checked my account and they already have a UPS tracking number on there. Sweet.

[quote name='SleazyC']My order just shipped!

I placed my order yesterday at 6:45PM EST.[/QUOTE]

you give me hope, putting in an order for big boss bundle right now, was going to yesterday but thought it wouldn't ship, thanks for the updates guys.

[quote name='gwool']I called a few Gamestops today just to see if they had any extra copies of the LE PW, and the second store I called had one so I snagged it. If you're still looking for the LE you may want to try calling around.[/QUOTE]

I did exactly the same thing, with exactly the same results.

No fuss, no muss.

[quote name='siderealshift']I did exactly the same thing, with exactly the same results.

No fuss, no muss.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing and they all acted like I was crazy and went on rants about pre-ordering ALL CEs...:cry:

[quote name='sabanoo']I did the same thing and they all acted like I was crazy and went on rants about pre-ordering ALL CEs...:cry:[/QUOTE]

It used be nice back in the day when stores didn't get exclusive content/editions so you could just walk in any non-Gamestop/EB store and just buy the damn game.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I admire a gamer who admits to paying retail for a DD. Glad you're thinking about owning a physical copy, but then again you must be doing pretty good for yourself to consider owning multiple copies of a new released game.[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge MGS fan and I've got a spare PSP so an extra copy would go great for some multiplayer action.

Has anyone ordered a Big Boss Pack from BN this week (after GS took it down from their website), and actually got a shipping confirmation?

[quote name='eau']Has anyone ordered a Big Boss Pack from BN this week (after GS took it down from their website), and actually got a shipping confirmation?[/QUOTE]

i ordered 1 yesterday, i got the shipping soon and my card was charged, crossing fingers for that shipping confirmation though. I'll update if i get anything.

[quote name='dallow']Got my LE today.[/QUOTE]
How did they pack it? Seeing that the big thin outer case is made of some flimsy card stock paper which can lead to disasters during shipping.

[quote name='eau']Has anyone ordered a Big Boss Pack from BN this week (after GS took it down from their website), and actually got a shipping confirmation?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I ordered mine on June 8th and received shipping confirmation yesterday. It is supposed to show up at the house tomorrow according to the UPS tracking site. Now just to figure out how to explain it to the wife :)

Ordered one late last night. Fingers are crossed! What's in the Big Boss pack? Is it GS exclusive? I saw Best Buy has some PSP with MGSPW packin. The Union Square Best Buy in NYC is having Kojima on Friday, by the way.

[quote name='JohnnyDeLicious']Ordered one late last night. Fingers are crossed! What's in the Big Boss pack? Is it GS exclusive? I saw Best Buy has some PSP with MGSPW packin. The Union Square Best Buy in NYC is having Kojima on Friday, by the way.[/QUOTE]

The Big Boss pack is a limited edition PSP/Peace Walker bundle. It has a camo pattern PSP, carrying case and the game, I believe, and yeah it's a GS exclusive. I didn't get one myself.

I did order the LE from BN last night as well, so hoping to get a shipping confirmation soon.

[quote name='eau']How did they pack it? Seeing that the big thin outer case is made of some flimsy card stock paper which can lead to disasters during shipping.[/QUOTE]
In a slightly larger cardboard box. Haven't opened it yet but someone else mentioned that inside it's wrapped in bubblewrap. Hopefully it's alright.

[quote name='DeathByFRODO']i ordered 1 yesterday, i got the shipping soon and my card was charged, crossing fingers for that shipping confirmation though. I'll update if i get anything.[/QUOTE]

just checked my order on B&N and it shipped with a tracking number from UPS, i had my doubts since i ordered this just yesterday but it looks like they have some left. If anyone is interested in the BB Pack.

bread's done
Back