Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Giveaway Contest!

k1w1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Thought this giveaway looked pretty sexy. Not too much work involved --found all the necessary stuff in a few minutes. Little hassle, big reward.

"So, you still don't have a copy of what is arguably Hideo Kojima's deepest, most addicting Metal Gear Solid title to date? Perhaps you were holding out for a birthday, price cut, or maybe....a contest?

Well then, your patience just paid off. We're thrilled to be giving away a sealed, retail UMD copy of Konami's Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker to our awesome PSP-toting readers.

NOTE: Please do not post the answers here. Doing so will only kill your chances as tons more people will effortlessly enter!

Just go here, and start hunting:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...Metal-Gear-Solid-Peace-Walker-Giveaway-Part-1

Cheers!
Jason @ Examiner"

Here are 4 of them:

Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny review
Phantasy Star Portable review
Dissidia review
Blur review

[quote name='vulcan300']Here are 4 of them:

Dissidia review
Blur review[/QUOTE]

That's rather lame of you :whistle2:/ Making it easier for everyone else kinda decreases the chances for everyone who's entering it...

[quote name='vulcan300']Here are 4 of them:

Dissidia review
Blur review[/QUOTE]

Seems like that makes it easier for everyone else, which would decrease the chances for people doing the legwork. (since more people enter.)

It's walking the line of being totally nice, and not so nice...

Meh... I searched them all anyways and I am still missing one. The girl with the blonde hair. The ones I have also seem to be the 4 listed there... Why couldn't the one I am missing be listed as well! lol

Time to go through them all again.

Thanks OP, hunted and entered! You should have hid them in the middle of some galleries to make searching through galleries of 20 images worth it, haha. Great contest though!

Still cannot find Paz... Ugh

Searched all of the slideshows 3 times and she isn't located in the text, unless it's only her name... Is there a Review that isn't listed?

[quote name='Torazo']Still cannot find Paz... Ugh

Searched all of the slideshows 3 times and she isn't located in the text, unless it's only her name... Is there a Review that isn't listed?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that she's there, and it's an image.

[quote name='killyourfm']I can confirm that she's there, and it's an image.[/QUOTE]

How the hell do I keep missing it? -_-

Found my problem... I apparently didn't let the whole page load up. No wonder I couldn't find it.

Hey gang, there's a Naughty Bear giveaway now via the same Examiner column! I'm a noob so not allowed to post a link, but you'll find it in my newest articles. Perhaps someone here can post it?

By the way, yes, I'm the author. And I wanted to express my...well, surprise at how polite, awesome, and downright level-headed the CAG community is. Everyone's followed the rules, everyone submitting is a joy to deal with. Future contests will give preference to members of this community.

When you deal with N4G and its trolls all day, the people coming from here are a breath of fresh air.

So, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for coming by, I just entered.
Heres one zombear for you folks, I'm not going for the others since I dont have 360

Review: Wolfenstein Single Player (360/PS3)

[quote name='killyourfm']Hey gang, there's a Naughty Bear giveaway now via the same Examiner column! I'm a noob so not allowed to post a link, but you'll find it in my newest articles. Perhaps someone here can post it?

By the way, yes, I'm the author. And I wanted to express my...well, surprise at how polite, awesome, and downright level-headed the CAG community is. Everyone's followed the rules, everyone submitting is a joy to deal with. Future contests will give preference to members of this community.

When you deal with N4G and its trolls all day, the people coming from here are a breath of fresh air.

So, thanks![/QUOTE]

Here's the link for everybody: http://www.examiner.com/x-14825-Video-Games-Examiner~y2010m7d8-Naughty-Bear-Giveaway-part-1

[quote name='killyourfm']Hey gang, there's a Naughty Bear giveaway now via the same Examiner column! I'm a noob so not allowed to post a link, but you'll find it in my newest articles. Perhaps someone here can post it?

So, thanks![/QUOTE]

Here's the link for everybody: http://www.examiner.com/x-14825-Video-Games-Examiner~y2010m7d8-Naughty-Bear-Giveaway-part-1

I'm going to give you a CAG-only hint for the Naughty Bear giveaway:

The Naughty Bear giveaway article itself counts as 1 ;-)
It's in the X360 category, and has the ZomBear image...

[quote name='killyourfm']I'm going to give you a CAG-only hint for the Naughty Bear giveaway:

The Naughty Bear giveaway article itself counts as 1 ;-)
It's in the X360 category, and has the ZomBear image...[/QUOTE]

I found 3 Zombears other than that one, so I doubt it counts. I am pretty sure that it is only a reference picture.

[quote name='Torazo']I found 3 Zombears other than that one, so I doubt it counts. I am pretty sure that it is only a reference picture.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, a CAG-only hint. Someone discovered that loophole and nothing exists in the rules to disqualify it. I'm the author of the contest, so it counts ;-)

Entered, hoping for the best!

Cool contest though, gives me something to do at work. Especially nice that the website isn't blocked like a lot of contests!

[quote name='killyourfm']Like I said, a CAG-only hint. Someone discovered that loophole and nothing exists in the rules to disqualify it. I'm the author of the contest, so it counts ;-)[/QUOTE]

I never expect to be posting with the person hosting the contest... Second time it's happened in 2 days.

Kind of funny how you used a small picture of a Zombear on one of the pages. It completely threw me off when I found it because the Peace Walker Contest only had them in Slideshows.

I'm just glad everyone here is enjoying them for the most part. I suspected this Naughty Bear one might be TOO brutal...if you guys think that's the case I'll certainly scale down the next round of giveaways.

Seeing as there are 4 Zombears and you only need 3 to be entered to win, I think it is a lot easier than the MGS Peace Walker one... Not to mention, two of those Zombears don't require you to even open the Slideshow, which takes most of the hunting time.

[quote name='killyourfm']I'm just glad everyone here is enjoying them for the most part. I suspected this Naughty Bear one might be TOO brutal...if you guys think that's the case I'll certainly scale down the next round of giveaways.[/QUOTE]

I think it was fine. Sure 10 pages of articles seems daunting at first, but you don't want it to be too easy =D

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I think it was fine. Sure 10 pages of articles seems daunting at first, but you don't want it to be too easy =D[/QUOTE]

I had to search through 16 pages for a Vandal Hearts code... Unfortunately, I didn't get one. Imagine having to go through 20+ pages... Ugh!

So, thanks![/QUOTE]

I re-sent my email for the Peace Walker entry because you had emailed me back regarding my entry for the Naughty Bear contest. I hadn't received one about the Peace Walker one, so I thought that my slightly more detailed entry was a little different than from what you wanted. Sorry if it inconveniences you.

[quote name='Torazo']I re-sent my email for the Peace Walker entry because you had emailed me back regarding my entry for the Naughty Bear contest. I hadn't received one about the Peace Walker one, so I thought that my slightly more detailed entry was a little different than from what you wanted. Sorry if it inconveniences you.[/QUOTE]

Heh. Stop being so damn polite :) No worries, you're squared away!

This one is a wrap! I posted a special thanks to the CAG forum community in the update. We need to tackle some non-biz related stuff outside the office before tallying up the correct entries and randomly drawing a winner, so please allow a few hours to be notified.

Cheers!

We chose a winner last night by the name of "Yanir D" using Random.org. Not sure if he's a member of CAG, but the shipping to Israel should be a pretty penny :)

Anyway, I'm working on a CAG ONLY contest, probably a slideshow hunt that won't even be officially announced, so stay tuned, and thanks again.

[quote name='killyourfm']We chose a winner last night by the name of "Yanir D" using Random.org. Not sure if he's a member of CAG, but the shipping to Israel should be a pretty penny :)

Anyway, I'm working on a CAG ONLY contest, probably a slideshow hunt that won't even be officially announced, so stay tuned, and thanks again.[/QUOTE]
Congrats to the winner! Looking forward to the next contest.

[quote name='killyourfm']We chose a winner last night by the name of "Yanir D" using Random.org. Not sure if he's a member of CAG, but the shipping to Israel should be a pretty penny :)

Anyway, I'm working on a CAG ONLY contest, probably a slideshow hunt that won't even be officially announced, so stay tuned, and thanks again.[/QUOTE]

:D thanks again for the prize!! looking forward to get my hands on this game

bread's done
Back