Metal Gear Solid Portable OPS: Limited Edition CAMO PSP only 2500 made

phear3d

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
cant believe my eyes when i saw this, not sure if anyone had posted it yet. there were only 2500 of these made, too bad its a little too much for my taste.

328922883_fed204a50a_o.jpg

328922909_7748e68594_o.jpg

328922945_945dd37237_o.jpg

328944914_536d106104_o.jpg

pics are linked from http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/pspcell/diary/200612210002/

this is now available @ http://www.ncsx.com/2007/010107/mgs_pops_konami_bundle.htm

The camo psp? Or just the premium pack with the snakeskin case? I so want one, but than I would have two psps and they don't resell for much. Still tempting though.

Edit: Oh 2500 of the Konamistyle pack. I wonder how many of the 'regular' limited edition they made.

The regular pack is not bad. $315 for the regular pack with the camo psp, MGS: Portable Ops, and a case. I have been thinking of importing a silver one anyway. The only differance with an import is not being able to play UMD format right? I NEED the camo!!

That is so awesome. Just the type of thing that would convince me to buy another psp. Even though I dont touch the one I have now...

Mine just arrived. It has the higher buttons like the other Japanese PSP which I have, the ceramic white.

If you buy the one without the snakeskin case at Play-Asia, it is $350, if they still have any left. It looks like the bundle with the snakeskin case gets $100 more over that. But, when it gets out that there are only 2500, price may go up up up. Then again, this is a $200 PSP plus a $40 game plus a case plus a few chotchkies of little nate. There's definitely some profit in there for the SONY overlords, no doubt.

Remember folks, it's a toy; but, it could be a nice investment toy and it is definitely distinctive looking (not sure if it is butt ugly or very cool looking).

Now to play it!

Holy crap! I want one. They're sold out, though.

It will still play all of the U.S. UMDs and games, right? I've never dealt with PlayAsia before, so I'm not exactly sure on their formats.

[quote name='icruise']If it's Japanese, it won't play US UMD movies. It will play games, though.[/quote]
Dammit, there's alway a catch.

Right, it will play games from any region. It's just UMD videos have to be from Japan which I think is region 2. Play-Asia is a pleasure to deal with. I can't believe SONY hasn't taken legal action like they did with that other importer, but, there are a number of importers.

[quote name='DSW90064']Play-Asia is a pleasure to deal with. I can't believe SONY hasn't taken legal action like they did with that other importer, but, there are a number of importers.[/QUOTE]
I'm not 100% sure, but with Lik-Sang I think the problem was that they were selling the PSP (and later promising to sell the PS3) to Europe before it was supposed to be released there. Selling the Japanese version of the PSP to the US wouldn't be quite the same thing, since the system has already been released here. Remember that Play Asia sold Japanese PS3s to the US right after the US launch, but decided not to sell to Europe. I think this is the reason.

[quote name='icruise']I'm not 100% sure, but with Lik-Sang I think the problem was that they were selling the PSP (and later promising to sell the PS3) to Europe before it was supposed to be released there. Selling the Japanese version of the PSP to the US wouldn't be quite the same thing, since the system has already been released here. Remember that Play Asia sold Japanese PS3s to the US right after the US launch, but decided not to sell to Europe. I think this is the reason.[/quote]
Exactly. Lik Sang was warned by Sony to stop the presale of PS3s to Europe or they would take them to court and Lik Sang ignored the warnings, got sued, and was forced to close down.

Hello FTP here, (is that the correct acronym?)
anyway, where the hell can i order one of these bad boys? i cant read japanese!
=[ i need it.
neeeeeed it =[

Thanks guys!

i keep thinking its Feb, where did all the time go?
yeah, well, i dont wanta fat one, i prefer it to be actually portable, as opposed to having to drag it about on a skateboard.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Holy crap! I want one. They're sold out, though.

It will still play all of the U.S. UMDs and games, right? I've never dealt with PlayAsia before, so I'm not exactly sure on their formats.[/QUOTE]

I have not posted here in ages but I had to enlighten a few ppl here , btw this bundle psp is HOT hands down the 1 of the best looking psp out there , besides the FF7 Crisis Core bundle !

Okay I dealt with Play-asia b4 and yes they are very reliable and fast , I got a psp there with them earlier this year, and yes it was a Japanese model psp , however if u were on custom firmware M33, there is a way to have this psp to be region free, in that it could play any umd or games from any region , "EASILY DONE"Google is ur friend btw !

This is a psp fat also , cuz psp slim speakers are located on the face of the new psp's not on the bottom like the fat psp's !

I want 1 of these bad boys some how I know some 1 here will donate to my cuase ........lol!

I say this may be a lil pricey but if ur a fan and u know the things a psp can do this is not bad afterall and mostly if ur a gamer but u can't be cheap this time lol this is worth it !

Ps plzzzzzzzzzz buy me 1 of these ?

ODV out! hope this helps yall out a bit !

bread's done
Back