Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes - GameCube $19.99

Sweet, thanks for the update. I'm tempted, but holding off. Hopefully BB follows suit so I can save $5 more with the GGC coupon.

I still prefer the original MGS to Twin Snakes. I actually like the original's graphics more than Twin Snakes! The shadowy, nondescript faces held a strong aesthetic appeal for me that's completely gone in the MGS2-like realism of Twin Snakes' graphics.

Plus there's my deep frustration with Twin Snakes cutscene director Ryuhei Kitamura's need to make everything ludicrously over-the-top.

Nice,

I'm going to trade in my Free ATV Offroad Fury 3 game for this. I don't even own a 'cube but I'm a Metal Gear Solid fan. :)

[quote name='whoknows']I payed full price for this game and dont regret it[/quote]

Absolutely. Same here!

Really the only thing I like about the original better is Mei Ling's voice. She had this cute accent in the original, whereas in this remake she doesn't. lol, that's a little "nitpicky", but really, that's the only thing I can think of. ^_^

Semi-Spoiler!

Oh, and I think they removed Meryl's running/ass shaking scene when Octacon tells Snake about how Snake could tell Meryl from the rest of the guards (because at the time Meryl was wearing a guard's uniform). I guess they thought it was derogatory or something. :\

[quote name='Alien Spider']Really the only thing I like about the original better is Mei Ling's voice. She had this cute accent in the original, whereas in this remake she doesn't. lol, that's a little "nitpicky", but really, that's the only thing I can think of. ^_^[/quote]

According to her original character design bio posted on the old Konami MGS website back when the game first came out, Mei Ling is supposed to be an ABC (American-born Chinese) so if anything, Twin Snakes corrects the original's mistake. And for the record, her accent really annoyed me. :p

CC Deal is for Platinum Hits, Players Choice and Greatest Hits, so I don't believe this would apply--and with people taking advantage of their system problems earlier in the week to the extent they did, I would expect the clerks to be on their toes.

It is sold out online at CC but it wouldn't have made a difference because the only 2 games available for the 2 for $30 deal is Zelda WW and Super Mario Sunshine.

what are you talking about? this is the best price going for a real good game, unless you dont like MetalGear I guess.

bread's done
Back