Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes $39.99 amazon PS 4 (MSRP price)

Talk about evil... They're releasing it at a time when there aren't a whole lot of releases for PS4 when gamers are craving something like Metal Gear Solid. Hopefully this thing drops fast or there's some sort of PS+ deal or something to make the price more reasonable.

Either way, I should be enjoying the FF14 Beta by then, so I guess I'm good.

I paid $50 for a MGS2 demo when it first came out, so a $40 DLC is so worth it for me.
Best thing about the demo is that is came with a full free game! Zone of the Enders!

inb4 ZoE wasn't free because you paid for the MGS2 demo..hurrr

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk about evil... They're releasing it at a time when there aren't a whole lot of releases for PS4 when gamers are craving something like Metal Gear Solid. Hopefully this thing drops fast or there's some sort of PS+ deal or something to make the price more reasonable.

Either way, I should be enjoying the FF14 Beta by then, so I guess I'm good.
It'll be a perfect rental, so I'll probably get it from Gamefly. I'm considering cancelling and just putting the money towards Phantom Pain.

First I was gonna buy at retail/slight deal then heard the 2 hours of gameplay so gonna Redbox/GameFly or even GameStop if need be

I paid $50 for a MGS2 demo when it first came out, so a $40 DLC is so worth it for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

honestly, who was expecting it to be a long game?  We already knew it was suppose to be like a Gran Turismo 5 Prologue type of game.  2 hours is exactly what i was expecting 

honestly, who was expecting it to be a long game? We already knew it was suppose to be like a Gran Turismo 5 Prologue type of game. 2 hours is exactly what i was expecting
Yeah but it's hard to compare a racing game with semi more replayability versus a story driven cinematic game. How many minutes or hours out of that 2 hour playthrough are CGI cutscenes?

The next gen price is definitely questionable considering the length. It's essentially a cash grab because they know people will fork over the cash even though this release is a glorified demo.

I love the MGS series, but yeah, if it is less than 2 hours, then I will not pay full price for this. Can't justify it. This isn't something I need on day one, my backlog is big enough as it is. Plus, I know when the thing is like $14.99 on Black Friday, I'll be annoyed that I paid full price for it back earlier in the year.

Not sure about this one, I was in when I thought it was gonna be just part of the game for 40 bucks, but if it's really just 2-4 hours long I might just wait for it to hit 20 bucks.

Ive seen it mentioned online that internal testers at Konami can speed run the main mission in 5 minutes.

So I wonder if the two hours includes cutscenes while speed run doesnt and the included benefit of knowing what you're doing?

If true, just ew. Ew.

Ive seen it mentioned online that internal testers at Konami can speed run the main mission in 5 minutes.

So I wonder if the two hours includes cutscenes while speed run doesnt and the included benefit of knowing what you're doing?

If true, just ew. Ew.
Apparently the "Xbox Exclusive" missions add some time to the play.

I'm passing until its $5 on my X1.

How out of touch can you be Konami? Pricing is all over the place  where as Japan only pays 1 flat rate for all versions.

iJHvsBiHu3eFA.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back