Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PS4/XB1 $29.99 @ BestBuy/GameStop/Amazon/NewEgg

ps4 version looks slightly better but Xbox one has the better exclusive get to play as raiden only reason I'm buying it for Xbox one

GTA Online's a glorified demo. Don't really see too many complaints about that. Just because someone finished the main quest on the easiest mode in a short time, doesn't mean there's nothing else to do. It's like playing through GTA V without doing anything but the main quest. No killing random civvies, no driving around, no raising your character's levels or customizing, nothing but beasting through the story.That's insane. There will be other shit to do in GZ, enough to satisfy the $30 worth.

The logical thing to do would be to wait for the GZ-PP bundle, like TrumpetDan said. It'll happen eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has there ever been a pre-order for the Digital Version of a game listing on Amazon? (I have some PSN digital promo credit that I need to figure out what to use on....)

To those of you complaining, do you really like MGS? Because, maybe I'm just too big a fan, but, lol I'd pay waaaay more than $23.99+tax for an actual next gen demo of MGSV, let alone a prologue with exclusive content. But that's just me lol.

ps4 version looks slightly better but Xbox one has the better exclusive get to play as raiden only reason I'm buying it for Xbox one
I think its more then a "slight" difference, but if the XBone is all you have then it shouldn't matter. The Raiden DLC does look cool though.

:x so probably $5 in another 2 months?
With the game being so short I'll probably beat it real quick and then sell it. Second Son comes out 3 days later so I doubt I'll be spending that much time with it. Also, with the GCU discount you could probably break even if you decide to go that route.

GTA Online was free.
With purchase of the game. So technically $60 for it and GTA V. Still doesn't change the point. There are tons of individuals who solely bought GTA V for GTA:O, the way they hyped up how it was going to be, and how much it fell and is currently falling flat? Yeah...so take from that what you will.

This is going to have to be Mega Man 2 or 3   quality for me to spend that much. Only time's I've ever felt justified spending full MSRP for really short games.

Quick question for anyone who might have experience with Best Buy pre-orders.  I pre-ordered MGSV and 3 other games on one order and used a $55 reward zone certificate and the full amount has already been paid.  When you use RZC on multiple items it distributes it evenly, so that $10.48 went towards MGSV.  My question is, do I just need to wait and they will refund the difference of the price drop to me, or if I cancel my pre-order will I somehow be refunded my RZC to put towards the new pre-order?  I appreciate any advice.

To those of you complaining, do you really like MGS? Because, maybe I'm just too big a fan, but, lol I'd pay waaaay more than $23.99+tax for an actual next gen demo of MGSV, let alone a prologue with exclusive content. But that's just me lol.
It's just you. We're CAGs first. We want everything for less. For the record, I love MGS and will buy this plus everything else Konami pops out related to it.

Quick question for anyone who might have experience with Best Buy pre-orders. I pre-ordered MGSV and 3 other games on one order and used a $55 reward zone certificate and the full amount has already been paid. When you use RZC on multiple items it distributes it evenly, so that $10.48 went towards MGSV. My question is, do I just need to wait and they will refund the difference of the price drop to me, or if I cancel my pre-order will I somehow be refunded my RZC to put towards the new pre-order? I appreciate any advice.
If you cancel your pre-order you get your credit back in the method you paid for it and it can take around 24 hours to see the credit back if you used a gift card. I just cancelled Dark Souls II Collector's Edition pre-order and I had paid with a gift card and checked 24 hours later and the credit was back on the card. If you used a certificate it can take about a week and If you don't see the gift certificate issued in a week call Best Buy customer service. For the pre-order price drop question I suggest asking on the Best Buy forums as they have people that check up on questions there.

If you cancel your pre-order you get your credit back in the method you paid for it and it can take around 24 hours to see the credit back if you used a gift card. I just cancelled Dark Souls II Collector's Edition pre-order and I had paid with a gift card and checked 24 hours later and the credit was back on the card. If you used a certificate it can take about a week and If you don't see the gift certificate issued in a week call Best Buy customer service. For the pre-order price drop question I suggest asking on the Best Buy forums as they have people that check up on questions there.
Thank you for answering my question. I posted on the Best Buy forums yesterday, but haven't heard back yet which is why I thought I'd see what CAGs thought. Thanks again for the info!

Back in 2001, I paid around $50 for Snake: The Tanker Incident, and remember playing it hours upon hours, it also got me interested in ZoE which came as a nice little bonus. So even though this doesn't come with ZoE 3, the new MSRP made the deal even sweeter for me.

With purchase of the game. So technically $60 for it and GTA V. Still doesn't change the point. There are tons of individuals who solely bought GTA V for GTA:O, the way they hyped up how it was going to be, and how much it fell and is currently falling flat? Yeah...so take from that what you will.
GTA Online has more than two hours worth of gameplay in it. Also, you're incredibly overestimating the amount of people who bought the game just for a multiplayer mode that was promised a month after release. Millions of people buy these games for the same reason they buy every GTA game: to fuck around and play the story. Comparing the two is apples and oranges. If people REALLY bought the game just for the multiplayer they would've waited until the mode was actually in the game, and the game wouldn't have made a metric fuckton of cash at launch.

Ground Zeroes is a joke. It's rapidly becoming an incredibly cheap joke, but still a stupid move. Redbox or bust.

I love pretty much every Metal Gear game that isn't 4. This is fucking stupid.

I agree. As a huge MGS fan, who has bought MGS2 in like 5 different versions and systems, I would have paid $40 easily on this. Never cared it was 2hrs long for some. I can finish the PS2 MGS games in a few hours, so 2 hours of the next gen Metal Gear early, I'd pay easy. Making this $30 makes me save money, not rethink my love for the MGS series.

bread's done
Back