Meteos: Disney Edition for $19.99

[quote name='bubzy107']Just get the original. It's the same price.[/QUOTE]
If you like paying the same price for less features.

[quote name='mkelehan']If you like paying the same price for less features.[/quote]

What new features does this one have?

[quote name='Blade70']What new features does this one have?[/quote]it now plays with the DS positioned like the one in Brain Age. and you can now move the pieces sideways, not jsut up and down

[quote name='cubeenigma']it now plays with the DS positioned like the one in Brain Age. and you can now move the pieces sideways, not jsut up and down[/QUOTE]

... and it has a 'Nightmare Before Chrsitmas' level!

[quote name='cubeenigma']...and you can now move the pieces sideways, not jsut up and down[/QUOTE]
And that's HUGE. I still don't really get how the "story" unfolds on the left side, but if it's not too hokey I'll probably pick this up. I love Meteos. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='mkelehan']If you like paying the same price for less features.[/QUOTE]
And it's DISNEY! Who doesn't like Disney? (Well, except for southern Baptists and Michael Eisner.)

$19.99 is MSRP. It will be this price everywhere.

Sideways is a good idea, but Disney characters + no unlockables = buy the original.

Based on previews, it looks like this fixes some of the original's problems - like the screen orientation (holding the screen sideways makes everything larger and eliminates dead space, but does not contain more pieces on screen than the original), which prevents people from accidently manipulating the wrong piece - a common complaint of the original. It also lets you move pieces side to side - like Puzzle League / Tetris Attack, which discourages the "scribbling" many resorted to in the original. If you think that makes it too easy, you can play on "hard" mode, which eliminates the side to side feature. Finally, the second screen will display disney themed artwork that changes according to how well (or terrible) you're doing. This artwork is, in the examples I've seen, gorgeous, and features some not-so-traditional Disney properties, like Nightmare Before Christmas and Pirates of the Carribean (no word on Tron though). The downside? Some of the more complicated aspects of the original, such as the mixing of elements to create new meteors, are gone. Still, this looks good, and will likely be superior to the original.

Someone posted this on the original posting of this deal back in December and I pointed out then that I think MSRP is actually $29.99. Why do people say $19.99 is the MSRP? I highly doubt this (it is essentially a sequel, different spin and it's got the Disney name to help sales...why wouldn't they charge a normal price?

If you check Gamestop you'll see they are charging $29.99 for it.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=180172

I'm not trying to flame here--just pointing out that we really don't know MSRP yet. I went ahead and bought from Amazon since at the worst I'd be paying the same as elsewhere, and at the best I'd save $10.

[quote name='ma']$19.99 is MSRP. It will be this price everywhere.

Sideways is a good idea, but Disney characters + no unlockables = buy the original.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BrerDan']Someone posted this on the original posting of this deal back in December and I pointed out then that I think MSRP is actually $29.99. Why do people say $19.99 is the MSRP? I highly doubt this (it is essentially a sequel, different spin and it's got the Disney name to help sales...why wouldn't they charge a normal price?

If you check Gamestop you'll see they are charging $29.99 for it.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=180172

I'm not trying to flame here--just pointing out that we really don't know MSRP yet. I went ahead and bought from Amazon since at the worst I'd be paying the same as elsewhere, and at the best I'd save $10.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you're probably right, but Gamestop is a bad example. They routinely overcharge for DS games. For example, many $29.99 Nintendo-published games are $34.99 at EB/GS.

Wait, this one plays as you holding the DS like a book? If so I think I'll just get the original as I dont like the sound of that...

[quote name='nwaugh']And it's DISNEY! Who doesn't like Disney? (Well, except for southern Baptists and Michael Eisner.)[/quote]
Me. I'd rather eat a hair and blood sandwich before I played a game w/ Disney characters.

[quote name='Ace Harding: Private Eye']Me. I'd rather eat a hair and blood sandwich before I played a game w/ Disney characters.[/quote]
You must really hate Ducktales (NES), Ducktales 2 (NES), Aladdin (Genesis), Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts 2 then. :(

[quote name='Rozz']Wait, this one plays as you holding the DS like a book? If so I think I'll just get the original as I dont like the sound of that...[/QUOTE]

You actually find it more comfortable to hold the ds on either side, which isn't very balanced, or in the middle with your finger right on the card slot? Book style is a lot more comfortable for all stylus gameplay.

Good to know that you can turn off side way swiping. I think I'll pick this up when it goes even cheaper someday. If there is really nothing to work for, it would be pretty boring.

For all those who refuse to buy it because it has Disney characters, you can just pick it up when you get out of middle school.

Meteos is Great game & look forward to Disney version, but disney kinda let me down cos they change lots stuff in the game :(

[quote name='Tsukento']You must really hate Ducktales (NES), Ducktales 2 (NES), Aladdin (Genesis), Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts 2 then. :([/quote]

You got me on the first two. :oops: I also love Rescue Rangers (NES). There's something about those mindless, innocent looks on the character sprites that I'll always cherish.
fuck those other games, though!

bread's done
Back