Meteos: Disney Magic Hands-on (NO Wi-Fi)

I never got around to picking up the original, but I'll absolutely pick this up. I'll play the NBX level, and my g/f will want to play the Winnie the Pooh level.

This game looks a lot different than the original Meteos since you can now move pieces both vertically AND horizontally. On the one hand, that opens up all kinds of new possibilities and strategy, but it also might give you too much freedom and reduce the more simplistic challenge of the original game. But it looks interesting and since Meteos is my fave puzzle game ever, I'll probably give this one a shot too.

well i read the article. here's what i noted:

game is played sideways
pieces can be moved left/right as well as up/down
nbx = nightmare before xmas

Well, the lack of Wifi is a huge disappointment, but the game looks great, and I like using book orientation with the Lite. I imagine I'll buy it when I find a good deal, but I'm sad I can't play with friends elsewhere.

Thanks for the links.

I just wish Nintendo would put out a WiFi enabled version of Tetris Attack.

Meteos is ok, but Tetris Attack is still a much better game IMO.

[quote name='El Gray']Well, the lack of Wifi is a huge disappointment, but the game looks great, and I like using book orientation with the Lite. I imagine I'll buy it when I find a good deal, but I'm sad I can't play with friends elsewhere.

Thanks for the links.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I was REALLY looking forward to WiFi on this, but I like Disney and Meteos is still my favorite puzzle game on the DS, so I'm on board. It looks like they've made substantial improvements to the gameplay itself. The vertical orientation makes much more sense, the left/right movement will completely change the mechanics, and the graphics are much better (especially the individual blocks). If they throw in some good unlockables, which was what made the first game so much fun, they'll have a winner on their hands.

And I TOTALLY agree with the call for Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon. Think I issued the same call a while back. That and Kirby's Star Stacker.

Ugh. I may pick this up when it hits clearance, but wi-fi being left out is a major disappointment. So is the probable loss of the great soundtrack for a bunch of Disney midis.

Having said that, my biggest complaint with the original Meteos was the lack of horizontal movement. Granted the game is probably a lot easier now, but I'm very happy that's in now.

I recently picked up the original meteos but I noticed its getting kinda rare now. I had to order my copy from the internet since there are no stores around me that seem to stock it.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']This game looks a lot different than the original Meteos since you can now move pieces both vertically AND horizontally.[/QUOTE]

I for one think that the change in movement ability will make the game way to easy. What was an excellent idea, though, was turning the DS on its side, so that you have more room to operate and that the blocks can be bigger.

bread's done
Back