Metered Postage for Flats

anvilfactory

CAGiversary!
Title might not be appropriate...

Anyway, I want to print out postage labels for my instructors to send me back my essays with comments. According to this eBay guide, flats might be upgraded to priority mail since paypal requires delivery confirmation, which I'd rather not have since...

(1) What if it is sent back to my teachers to have them pay for it? They would NOT be happy about that.
(2) ...well, as a cheapass, I don't want to pay $4.60 for flats that don't even weigh half a pound.
(3) I don't care about delivery confirmation for this kind of thing.

Does anyone happen to know a way to print postage labels without delivery confirmation? I know I can just put regular stamps on the envelope, but...dude, I don't like the idea of sticking three or four stamps on an envelope. How tacky looking. Plus, I like how labels look. But maybe I'll have to if there's no other option. :cry:

If endicia or Stamps.com has this option, I'm willing to pay for PDF files/print screens of the label if someone is willing to purchase the postage for me. One item is approximately 2 ounces, so it should probably be about $1 unless certificate of mailing is required (but it says extra service...so maybe not). The second is approximately 4 ounces, maybe $1.50. I'll probably need a third label too, but I haven't finished those assignments yet, so I don't know how heavy it'll be. I'll give details through PM if this is an option.

Hopefully no one will give me fake labels just to make a dollar. XD Everyone here seems nice though.

[quote name='anvilfactory']Title might not be appropriate...

Anyway, I want to print out postage labels for my instructors to send me back my essays with comments. According to this eBay guide, flats might be upgraded to priority mail since paypal requires delivery confirmation, which I'd rather not have since...

(1) What if it is sent back to my teachers to have them pay for it? They would NOT be happy about that.
(2) ...well, as a cheapass, I don't want to pay $4.60 for flats that don't even weigh half a pound.
(3) I don't care about delivery confirmation for this kind of thing.

Does anyone happen to know a way to print postage labels without delivery confirmation? I know I can just put regular stamps on the envelope, but...dude, I don't like the idea of sticking three or four stamps on an envelope. How tacky looking. Plus, I like how labels look. But maybe I'll have to if there's no other option. :cry:

If endicia or Stamps.com has this option, I'm willing to pay for PDF files/print screens of the label if someone is willing to purchase the postage for me. One item is approximately 2 ounces, so it should probably be about $1 unless certificate of mailing is required (but it says extra service...so maybe not). The second is approximately 4 ounces, maybe $1.50. I'll probably need a third label too, but I haven't finished those assignments yet, so I don't know how heavy it'll be. I'll give details through PM if this is an option.

Hopefully no one will give me fake labels just to make a dollar. XD Everyone here seems nice though.[/QUOTE]

Use firstclass mail and put a packaging peanut or something else that is light and will make the package have a girth of 1''

I think you could go to the post office and have them print out postage for whatever weight you needed, I don't know if it has to be mailed right after they do that or not. You could always buy stamps that have a higher value than $0.41.

bread's done
Back