Metro 2033 - $49.99 plus Avatar Gas Mask pre-order bonus

stonciddta

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/Metro-2033-Xb..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265924418&sr=1-1

metro_gas_mask.jpg

Let the jokes begin...

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it added to an order of mine. I know little about this game but will give it a chance since it involves some of the STALKER people.

[quote name='KnightofHearts']Metro 2033 $49.99 w/ Gamestop preorder this week. You also get the machine shotgun as a preorder bonus.[/QUOTE]I don't know for sure but that might not be much of a bonus...

Your currency in the game is the ammo (yes, the same stuff you need to shoot and kill things.) and if it tares through your ammo reserve like I fear it might... Then well, it might do more harm than good.

I haven't seen allot of press on this game... but everything has been very, very, good.

Anyhow here's an interview that I found really intresting talking about the world of Metro 2033...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/life-after-metro-2033/61791

And here is a couple of trailers: (with more game play in them)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/fear-the-metro-2033/57982 (Fear The Future)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/journey-into-metro-2033/61483 (Journey into the Unknown)

There is another trailer out there called "underground" on gametrailers but it seems to be peppered with minor spoilers so I won't post it.

Sorry, if the trailers have been posted but I hadn't see them when I went through the thread really quickly.

I just noticed that the Metro 2033 avatar stuff is up on the XBLA market place, and... eh. They kept less-than-stellar full-cover industrial mask design (though I really wish they went with a military / rivethead gas mask). Oh well. The mask is 320 points, so it's worth $4 or less. The Gamestop promo is probably better overall.

Although the game looks awesome, I am not risking it failing and me getting stuck with a crappy game for full price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rainking187']Free overnight shipping at GameStop.com with the code METRO. I cancelled and reordered this game.[/QUOTE]

Awesome find...canceled my order with Amazon too and took the free overnight. Thanks!

[quote name='rainking187']Free overnight shipping at GameStop.com with the code METRO. I cancelled and reordered this game.[/QUOTE]

That is an awesome find and its very, very, tempting but I think I'll hold pat on my Amazon order... Its about 7 bucks cheaper. (Taxes and Gold Box)

dammitttttttt...i am soooo stuck between this game or GoW III.

both look incredible...already know GoW3 is, but 2033 looks like it will be a sleeper hit ala Darksiders.

but, i still have Bioshock 2's story to beat and MP to delve into, BFBC2's campaign and MP to start, finish The Saboteur's story, beat Heavy rain's story, and start Demon's Souls and Killzone 2 :/

ugh...friggen "need" to buy games on release kills me

I got this with the BFBC2 $20 credit for $30 shipped. Nice.

I'd rather support a lesser known game like this at launch. They're both single player only games.

[quote name='jer7583']I'd rather support a lesser known game like this at launch. They're both single player only games.[/QUOTE]Yup, that's my reason for passing on GoWIII (and to a lesser extent FFXIII) at release but picking up both Metro 2033 and Heavy Rain. (Obviously, Heavy Rain isn't published by a small developer/publisher but its gameplay is unique enough to reward it.)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Yup, that's my reason for passing on GoWIII (and to a lesser extent FFXIII) at release but picking up both Metro 2033 and Heavy Rain. (Obviously, Heavy Rain isn't published by a small developer/publisher but its gameplay is unique enough to reward it.)[/QUOTE]

This game is a steal because it's $10 cheaper than GOWIII and FFXIII. Not to mention that you get a free avatar item. You just can't lose.

i loved fallout, stalker (later revisions), borderlands, and pretty much everything apocalypse related (fist of the north star). im so in for this. from everything ive seen, i think its going to do enough original things to keep it interesting.. i.e. no HUD at all.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Based upon the first paragraph its the same review...[/QUOTE]

oops! damn..

[quote name='stonciddta']Mine says shipping soon from Amazon as of 1am.[/QUOTE]

Damn! I was on the fence about this game and decided to put the preorder down on Amazon just in case. That was like a month ago and I totally forgot about it and now it's in the "shipping soon, cancelling not possible" stage.. Oh well, the game looks like it's right up my alley. I hope I'm right lol.

[quote name='stonciddta']Mine says shipping soon from Amazon as of 1am.[/QUOTE]Yeah, delivery estimation March 19. Which works... but I wish I had it sooner.

March 19th for me, too.

Wish Amazon had release day delivery for more of their games. I'm always happy when they offer it, and it's a nice incentive for Prime subscribers.

[quote name='heavy liquid']Wish Amazon had release day delivery for more of their games. I'm always happy when they offer it, and it's a nice incentive for Prime subscribers.[/QUOTE]Me too. Though I hardly blame them on this one... it seems to be a bit under the radar and I'm not sure how trusted as a source THQ is when it comes to RDD guarantee.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Me too. Though I hardly blame them on this one... it seems to be a bit under the radar and I'm not sure how trusted as a source THQ is when it comes to RDD guarantee.[/QUOTE]

Exactly-- Seems like it's usually only offered for the big release games. Which makes sense... from what I've seen, even places like Gamestop sometimes get the smaller releases a few days late because they use economy shipping.

[quote name='heavy liquid']Exactly-- Seems like it's usually only offered for the big release games. Which makes sense... from what I've seen, even places like Gamestop sometimes get the smaller releases a few days late because they use economy shipping.[/QUOTE]and probably more so than Amazon. Its why they want to know about preorders every time you walk in the door.

I've gone in cold (back when I did shop with them) on a smaller game and they didn't even get a single copy in. (They had no preorders for it.)

Hey, what do you know? I just received an email from Amazon saying that it's shipped! Hopefully I'll receive it either the 17th or 18th since it's 2-day shipping. :)

[quote name='heavy liquid']Hey, what do you know? I just received an email from Amazon saying that it's shipped! Hopefully I'll receive it either the 17th or 18th since it's 2-day shipping. :)[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped too! :D:D

and it estimates a March 16th delivery. (if you look in the email towards the end it will give you an estimation.)

Example:
This shipment was sent to:

INMATEofARKHAM
Padded Cell 101 Arkham Asylum
Gotham City, NY 1000X

via UPS (estimated delivery date: March 16, 2010).

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Mine shipped too! :D:D

and it estimates a March 16th delivery. (if you look in the email towards the end it will give you an estimation.)

Example:[/QUOTE]

Okay, I see it. Mine should be here March 17th. One day later than yours... *shakes fist* ;)

Mine shipped as well with Wednesday as the delivery date. Hope this game is as good ad I am expecting it to be.

They never updated the price of the game from $59.99 to $49.99 on my order. I wonder if they will reimburse me automatically or will I have to email customer service. I'll wait a few days before I email them about it.

Just got the game in the mail... it's sitting here on my desk at work making me run through excuses to leave early.

No code for the gas mask yet, either. Hopefully they send them out soon.

[quote name='heavy liquid']No code for the gas mask yet, either. Hopefully they send them out soon.[/QUOTE]
Got mine this morning at about 320 AM. (I'll put it on my avatar, which you can see by clicking my username and viewing profile, here in, oh 30 minutes or so...)

What's everyone think of the game so far? :D

bread's done
Back