Metro Redux - $39.99 (PS4 / XB1) @ Amazon

Was hoping the used price would go down too @ gamestop. Is this a price drop or a promo going on at gamestop?

This will probably be $24.99 by Black Friday if you can wait another month and a half. This feels like a fast dropper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their new weekly sales started today, so it's probably just through next Tuesday (9/30).
Good to know. Was planning to get it today if the used price dropped too.

This will probably be $24.99 by Black Friday if you can wait another month and a half. This feels like a fast dropper.
Probably wait till black friday if not till it gets even lower than that. Just have some extra credit to burn atm.

hmmmm...I bought this on release day at the Navy Exchange for full retail. I think i'll go back in, get them to PM Amazon, buy a new copy, then go to another register, return the copy I just bought with my original Aug 26th receipt and get my full $60 back. Win!

Black friday can't come soon enough. Already booked off work for BF online shopping an maybe venture out Friday morning for some miscellaneous deals.

not a bad price but I can wait until it's 20-25. I never played the first and really just want it for that game. I'd probably play threw the second again but in no rush. 

For those asking for a Best Buy PM, why didn't you pick it up at launch when they were offering a $10 Gift Card? It came out to $33 with Gamers Club Unlocked. I enjoyed both games and they looked great on the X1, I would recommend it if you havent played them yet.

hmmmm...I bought this on release day at the Navy Exchange for full retail. I think i'll go back in, get them to PM Amazon, buy a new copy, then go to another register, return the copy I just bought with my original Aug 26th receipt and get my full $60 back. Win!
the return fraud is strong with this one

For those asking for a Best Buy PM, why didn't you pick it up at launch when they were offering a $10 Gift Card? It came out to $33 with Gamers Club Unlocked. I enjoyed both games and they looked great on the X1, I would recommend it if you havent played them yet.
For me, I didn't have a X1 at the time and didn't think I would ever get one.

Not really return fraud. Is it not the same as a 30 day guarantee from Best Buy, or Amazon, where if a competitor lowers the price of the product, come back and show us the ad and your receipt, and we'll price match to what that current price is?

Hmmm, I'm thinking it sounds a lot like that. Not fraud.

Will be better till on black friday.

Thanks.

sig.jpg

Not really return fraud. Is it not the same as a 30 day guarantee from Best Buy, or Amazon, where if a competitor lowers the price of the product, come back and show us the ad and your receipt, and we'll price match to what that current price is?

Hmmm, I'm thinking it sounds a lot like that. Not fraud.
if that store doesn't offer that than it is fraud but whatever justification you need.

if that store doesn't offer that than it is fraud but whatever justification you need.
In the eyes of the retailer an unopened video game is a commodity, if it is the same game there is no difference from one to the next. If their policy is to accept returns within a certain period of time with an original receipt, then presenting said original receipt with said commodity within stated period is not return fraud. If they do not have a more customer friendly price matching system then that is their own fault, or a measured choice, using the added steps of getting a product at the better price as deterrent.

Not a bad deal! Too many great games out now and coming out in the near future to justify buying this right now though. I'm sure this will be around $20-30 on Black Friday.

I agree with those saying no fraud here. I've done this many a times; in fact a few times I've had the person at customer service do the sale/return right there without an issue. The only time you'll run into issues is when doing this with anything that's also tracked by a serial number (typically hardware).

On a side note, I'm really feeling the need to buy something for the PS4 - my last purchase was WatchDogs and I have some serious buyer's remorse on that one.

thanks for the heads up, picked up Metro Redux on 8/27 and was just in time to get $10 back on it from Gamestop. I was told that it was frowned upon and that their policy doesn't work that way. I said I would just return/rebuy. He then caved and did the price adjustment. We talked after and he seemed like a good guy otherwise.

Thanks to Destiny, it was still sealed too.

bread's done
Back