Metro Redux not working for anyone else?

tukai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I bought this for Xmas. Yesterday PSN was down, but I was able to play it and the update was installed. I played it in the morning, but when I tried in the evening, it loads, pulls up a screen where is says the game is based on a novel, and after that, the screen just goes black. I tried Metro 2033 and Last light with the same result. Other games that are offline work fine. Has this happpened to anyone else?

You might try rebuilding the database on your console. It's fixed random game issues I've had in the past (ie. Evil Within freezing, GTA Online randomly locking up, etc)...

To rebuild, you turn off the console, plug in the controller via usb cord, press and hold the power button on the console until it beeps for a second time. Then just wait for the screen to come up, press the PS button on controller, and scroll down to rebuild database. Takes at most 10 to 15 minutes. 

It's kind of like a defrag and clears the memory cache for the PS4 (I think PS3 has a similar function). All of your downloads and saves will be fine if you do it.

bread's done
Back