Metroid 3 in widescreen

pdiscool

CAGiversary!
Hey was wondering when you put in 16:9 in wii options will that make widescreen games like metroid 3 play in widescreen? Also in a review (forgot which one) they said the resolution in widescreen is something like 840 x 480. MY set is outputing like it always is for the wii in720x480p. Anyone know??

It should display in 16x9, though unless your TV has overscan you'll get some black bars as it's not in exact 16x9 resolution for some reason.

The IGN review is the one that mentioned this.

The game also runs in progressive-scan and, for the first time, in 16:9 widescreen mode. The widescreen resolution is not exactly 854x480, but something closer to 825x470, which means that it may show some thin black borders on your screen.

[quote name='pdiscool']Thas werid cuz i checkd the resolution and my tv says its goin at 720x 480p[/QUOTE]

Yes, and the game is outputting at 470 - hence the "black bars" that fill in the spaces to 480.

[quote name='pdiscool']Thas werid cuz i checkd the resolution and my tv says its goin at 720x 480p[/quote]Ever heard of anamorphic dvd's? lol

bread's done
Back