Metroid II rebirth request

Gden

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
With the contra rebirth and castlevania rebirth, am I the only person who REALLY wants to see a redo of the GB game Metroid on Wiiware?

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Metroid II re-make in some form or another. I mean, they remade the first so this one would be welcome... (especially since the originals are confusing as hell).

I hope they do this, I would love a redo in the same vein as Metroid Zero Mission for Metroid II. Perhaps, they could bring Zero Mission out as a Wii Ware game and release it to proceed a Metroid II remake, and then finally a Super Metroid remake (not that it's necessary, as long as they don't mess up what made Super Metroid fundamentally amazing).

Yeah, long as they include a damn map. Don't feel like making another one again like I had to for the original.

Metroid 2 was the first one I understood. Played the first when I was about 7, didn't get it. Got 2 when I was 11. It was the greatest game I ever played, until Super Metroid. It's hard to play it on Gameboy these days, because of the lack of color, and that Nintendo needed to put backlights on the Gameboy.

I'd like to see a Zero Mission style remake. Might play Super Metroid on my extra days off this week. Thanks for the idea.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']and then finally a Super Metroid remake (not that it's necessary[/QUOTE]

You're right, it's not.

Having recently played through Metroid II on my GCN Game Boy Player, I agree. Seeing the second mission remade simiarl to the GBA classic Metroid Zero Mission would be awesome news.

That said... it would need to be more than a straight remake I think. The game was pretty linear and limited in retrospect, but shouldn't be hard to revamp a little bit if they have a good team working on it.

[quote name='ejamer']Having recently played through Metroid II on my GCN Game Boy Player, I agree. Seeing the second mission remade simiarl to the GBA classic Metroid Zero Mission would be awesome news.

That said... it would need to be more than a straight remake I think. The game was pretty linear and limited in retrospect, but shouldn't be hard to revamp a little bit if they have a good team working on it.[/QUOTE]

I thought M2 was pretty linear, it wouldn't make a great wiiware title, but a nice one if they actually improved it a little. A direct port with color won't impress me.

Metroid II without a map is a pain in the ass collect-a-thon. Metroid II with a map would be a ridiculously easy waste of time. Either way - and I'm not trolling here, this is my honest opinion - I think gamers look at M2 through nostalgia-colored glasses... it's just not that good.

Any re-envisioning of the game would be welcomed.

What's Retro doing these days? Maybe they should give it a shot (assuming they're ok with making a 2D game).

[quote name='bluesyncopate']Metroid II without a map is a pain in the ass collect-a-thon. Metroid II with a map would be a ridiculously easy waste of time. Either way - and I'm not trolling here, this is my honest opinion - I think gamers look at M2 through nostalgia-colored glasses... it's just not that good.

Any re-envisioning of the game would be welcomed.[/QUOTE]

It's only a collect-a-thon if you want to get *everything*. Otherwise, just by playing the game and exploring a little, you'll find more than enough items/power ups to beat the game.

It was a fun game - one of the best the original Game Boy had to offer - I disagree with you on the "not that good" part. Sure, if you compare it to, say, Super Metroid or Metroid Prime, yeah, it doesn't even really compare. But taken on its own, considering the limitations of the technology it's really a fine game.

I had lost my copy for the longest time and ran across it not that long ago. Dug my SP out and played through it. It was super short (and without a map!) but it was fun. I'd totally download it again on the DSi equivalent of the Virtual Console.

I approve. Mostly because I never played Metroid 2.
5.gif

It hasn't aged very well but it's still a solid game considering the platform. Too many tedious moments in the exploration if you ask me, but still many fond memories from when I was really young. I'd rather see it remade for the DS, though,

[quote name='Aleryn']Yeah, long as they include a damn map. Don't feel like making another one again like I had to for the original.[/QUOTE]

You will use graph paper and LIKE IT.

Real men used regular line paper and eyeballed horizontal distances.

I wasn't aware that people actually disliked making a map for Metroid back in 1987/88. I enjoyed it. I believe I still have that original notebook in storage.

[quote name='Zing']Real men used regular line paper and eyeballed horizontal distances.

I wasn't aware that people actually disliked making a map for Metroid back in 1987/88. I enjoyed it. I believe I still have that original notebook in storage.[/QUOTE]

That was one of the fun things about games of that era. All the old adventure 'Quest games, Bard's Tale, etc. Half of the fun was making maps.

[quote name='Corvin']That was one of the fun things about games of that era. All the old adventure 'Quest games, Bard's Tale, etc. Half of the fun was making maps.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to take this post as a reason to plug VGMaps.com

bread's done
Back