Metroid Prime 2 $19.82 @ Wal-Mart

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Noticed the Wal-Mart near Rhino in Murfreesboro, TN was selling Metroid Prime 2 for $19.xx (can't remember if it was .82, .88 or .98).. Dunno if it's YMMV, but if you guys are looking for it, check your local Wal-Marts. I seriously doubt it's YMMV because my Wal-Mart doesn't mark down games. Seriously, they just recently put Madden 2003 on clearance for $29.98. Not kidding.

Dang, I hate it when something motivates me to step inside a Wal-Mart. Oh well, I need another Ford Racing 3-pack anyway, so I guess I'll stop in tonight. I'll report back if I find MP2 on the cheap.

[quote name='banpeikun']My Wal-Mart has NBA Courtside 2002 for $49.xx still. Not kidding.[/QUOTE]

Jeez, and I thought the $29.xx NHL 2004 I saw at Best Buy last night was bad.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I saw this at my Walmart too last night when I was working, so it probably isn't YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Nice, looks like its finally time to pick this game up. Thank you OP!

Also, are you guys finding this behind the glass or in the bargin bin thing they do?

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']My Wal-Mart still sells Eternal Darkness for $50 :whistle2:o[/QUOTE]

Damn, good thing i picked up my sealed copy at gamestop when it was 14.99

[quote name='maddfrog']Nice, looks like its finally time to pick this game up. Thank you OP!

Also, are you guys finding this behind the glass or in the bargin bin thing they do?[/QUOTE]

Ours is in the bargin bin.

[quote name='Raider']Super Smash Brothers for the Cube also dropped to $19.82[/QUOTE]
That might be worth its own thread.

[quote name='Raider']Super Smash Brothers for the Cube also dropped to $19.82[/QUOTE]

OMFG F1N4LLLY N1nT3nD0!!11 But really finally that took you a long while. You better post a topic on it. And nice price drop on MP2. For a moment I thought I didn't have that, but eh.

[quote name='D.Monic']Dang, I hate it when something motivates me to step inside a Wal-Mart. Oh well, I need another Ford Racing 3-pack anyway, so I guess I'll stop in tonight. I'll report back if I find MP2 on the cheap.[/quote]

WTF are you buying the ford racing pack for????

[quote name='mr ryles']how are you dealing them????

They can't be worth more than like $5 each, if that.[/QUOTE]
Well, this is the wrong thread for this discussion, so I'll refer to the other thread:

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71912&page=3

Basically, Ford Racing 3 and Motocross Mania 3 are both PO at EB, so they can be used for trade in deals. Unfortunately, the best trade-in deals (GT4 and Zelda) just ended. Powerdrome trades for around $10 at FYE.

BTW, I found Metroid for $19.82 at Wal-Mart tonight. Thanks Scorch.

It stands for "There is a link to the FAQ up top which has a section on terms and acronyms used by CAG regulars, I'd check it out if I were you."

;)

(YMMV = your mileage may vary, meaning this deal may not be at all stores or it may change from store to store.)

I really would check this out but the first Metroid for GC gave me a freakin headache. I really wanted to get into but couldnt.

got it. It was mixed in with the greatest hits section... I almost couldn't find it.

I assume the game was still marked at $50 in the cases? Or did they actually list the $20 price? I already have it or I may have checked. I did pick up Mega Man X: Command Mission (GC) for $15 from the bargain bin, last time I looked they only had the PS2 version. Not the greatest deal, but I've been looking for it for a while, I'm happy.

[quote name='badboysean']I really would check this out but the first Metroid for GC gave me a freakin headache. I really wanted to get into but couldnt.[/QUOTE]

This game will also give you motion sickness then... it happened to me, first FPS out of maybe 50 + I've played that have done it.

[quote name='botticus']I assume the game was still marked at $50 in the cases? Or did they actually list the $20 price? I already have it or I may have checked. I did pick up Mega Man X: Command Mission (GC) for $15 from the bargain bin, last time I looked they only had the PS2 version. Not the greatest deal, but I've been looking for it for a while, I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

at the two WM's I saw it at, it was marked $19.82

I had a bad experience trying to PM this at Best Buy in Greenville, NC. The girl at the counter called Walmart and the guy at Walmart told her that MP 2 was indeed 19.82. She then went to her manager's office and looked it up online to avoid giving me a PM. She then said that she called Walmart in her office and that the Walmart guy was "confused" and told her a wrong price. I was mad and then went to Walmart myself and bought the game. I talked with the clerk at electronics and he was the one who had answered the calls from the Best Buy. He told me that he had told the girl twice that the price of MP 2 was 19.82. I went back to Best Buy to confront the manager. Instead of giving me an apology, he acts very apathetic, like it's not his fault, and then when I get mad about his attitude, he tells me to leave the store, and then threatens to call the cops. I can understand rejecting the PM, but to outright lie and insult my intelligence like that is just rude. I called 1-888-Best-Buy, but I don't think they'll do anything about my complaint :(.

I really liked MP. MP2 was alright, but I just got sick of switching worlds... and the final boss was a pain in my ass. I sold MP2 while it was still fetching a good price -- kept MP though. :)

siddiq -- I've seen posts throughout the forums here where BB offers customers GC for $25 or $50 when they get hassled... Maybe someone here could give you some advice for how to deal with 888-BESTBUY and have it resolved like this?

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I really liked MP. MP2 was alright, but I just got sick of switching worlds... and the final boss was a pain in my ass. I sold MP2 while it was still fetching a good price -- kept MP though. :)

siddiq -- I've seen posts throughout the forums here where BB offers customers GC for $25 or $50 when they get hassled... Maybe someone here could give you some advice for how to deal with 888-BESTBUY and have it resolved like this?[/QUOTE]
If someone could help me out on that I would appreciate it because they were beyond rude this time, they were actually conspiring to find a way not to PM the item.

[quote name='sididiq']If someone could help me out on that I would appreciate it because they were beyond rude this time, they were actually conspiring to find a way not to PM the item.[/QUOTE]

Check the McDonald's BBB promotion thread, I think that's where I saw it mentioned... this is the post I was thinking of:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1460845&postcount=530

Do a search through the forums for a BB problems and maybe you'll find something, if you don't perhaps create your own thread asking for help?

Goodluck.

bread's done
Back