Metroid Prime Collection at Amazon.

Well you guys are just silly. You can call me an ass while I buy and resell all the copies of the games that you didn't get (even though you had the same opportunity as long as you have the cash...) and make me some cash. Sounds good to me.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Well silly, call me an ass while I buy and resell all the copies of the games that you didn't get and make me some cash. Sounds good to me.[/QUOTE]

fixed

[quote name='YawnAmuroYawn']fixed[/QUOTE]

ok, so if it's about the hoarding then why didn't you get the game before...like I did? Apparently you didn't want it bad enough until you couldn't have it.

I can see getting upset about hoarding at a single store and some ass in front of you grabs all 8 copies of the latest game and leaves none left, and I personally wouldn't do that, but I don't see this as the same thing.

Both MPT and ME2 CE were widely available to anyone that wanted and could afford it.

And oops I didnt realize this is in the main deals section so I'll just stop arguing now and agree to disagree.

[quote name='prateeko']Uhh, Nintendo said they stopped production of this so when it sells out it'll be sold out.[/QUOTE]

Think FFVII.

I bought a copy from Gamestaq.com when it was in beta phase for about $20. I'll be trading for sbucks it on playSwitch.com after I'm finished with it. Collector's item or not I'm sure someone at playSwitch.com would love to get this game!

This has been available at almost every store I've been to. Granted, in small quantities, but those small quantities have also been sitting there for months upon months. If you can't find this at a BB, Target, Kmart, etc. right now, you're not trying hard enough. I'm taking the gamble by waiting for it to get clearanced...looks like it already happened...I'll check Sears and hope the price doesn't drop in half right after I buy it. :whistle2:/

Thanks for the Sears noticed, picked up the last copy in Milford, CT. It was behind the glass with a label for 29.97. I've been looking high and low for this (to actually play) ever since I missed the Best Buy deal. I had tried ordering online but was put on backorder, and then the order was canceled. Many thanks for heads up!

[quote name='UjnHunter']Note: You can NOT use the Gamecube/Classic Controller with this game. Buyer beware![/QUOTE]

No shit...

[quote name='Rig']Two copies for $50 at the local K-Mart.

I've always wanted to pick this up, mainly because the packaging looks nice. Still, I never can, as I have all three games already. And, I know I'd never go back and play through them...new controls or not.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying there were 2 copies @ your Kmart for $50 each? Or that they were $25 each?

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Are you saying there were 2 copies @ your Kmart for $50 each? Or that they were $25 each?[/QUOTE]

Two copies, each at $50.

Hell, they probably have more. That damn place is so disorganized, and you can never find an employee that will open the case. Two are all I can see.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Note: You can NOT use the Gamecube/Classic Controller with this game. Buyer beware![/QUOTE]

I thought that was 100% obvious...since Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are ridiculously easy to find nearly anywhere for $10 or less...the whole point of this collection was to offer the awesome Wii controls that Prime 3 introduced along with some graphical and slight gameplay tweaks.

[quote name='daminion']This game went from being on sale at BB for $20 because no one wanted them, to "rare" and "collectible" within a month or two.

If people actually wanted the game, it wouldn't have gone OOP in the first place.[/QUOTE]

I wanted it, I just didn't want to pay $50 for 3 old games. It was one more "new play control!" fiasco where they package stuff that sells for $5 and $10 for $30 and expect it to sell.

[quote name='Flame Killa']Is this rare? I saw 3 copies at a Walmart yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I don't really think its rare it's just out of print.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']I wanted it, I just didn't want to pay $50 for 3 old games. It was one more "new play control!" fiasco where they package stuff that sells for $5 and $10 for $30 and expect it to sell.[/QUOTE]

No disrespect, but that would mean that it's only $5 over priced. And the steel case kinda makes up for that.

[quote name='Donnums']I thought that was 100% obvious...since Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are ridiculously easy to find nearly anywhere for $10 or less...the whole point of this collection was to offer the awesome Wii controls that Prime 3 introduced along with some graphical and slight gameplay tweaks.[/QUOTE]

the wii controls suck in MP1 and 2. The games were built for lock on.

They seem to work just fine for me, in fact, they seem to work just as well as they did in MP3. Maybe you should check your controller :p

[quote name='Flame Killa']No disrespect, but that would mean that it's only $5 over priced. And the steel case kinda makes up for that.[/QUOTE]

:)
On Half.com I'm seeing:
Prime 1 for $1.50
Prime 2 for $5
Prime 3 for $11

Add in $3.50 shipping on each and I've still only got $28 total. Gamestop's selling #3 for $20, and #1 and #2 for $4 and $10 respectively. Yes, they're used, but it's Gamestop, and that's still under $35 before tax.

I just don't think Nintendo believes in discounting old stock. Zelda and Mario Galaxy are still $50 new, and they were launch year titles.

In a way, Nintendo is smart for doing that. CAGs like us know not to wait for most Nintendo games to go down in price since they will probably stay at full price for a long time. I buy full priced Nintendo games way more often than any others. I know games like Bayonetta and Dante's Inferno will drop soon so why not wait? If they were first party Nintendo games, I might have gotten them already.

That Best Buy sale would have worked out well for me getting Metroid for $20, but I had to stupidly buy Crap Mountain for $18 so the total cost ended up at $38. What a worthless game...never should have listened to whoever here said it was like a "revamped eternal darkness."

bread's done
Back