Metroid prime corruption $29.99?

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Well editing pictures as you admit to doing is illegal fraud....[/QUOTE]
Well, i didn't edit the prices. The prices was an actual screenshot. I just got rid of the words "WTF" and the circle so i could use it. Take a look at the OP

[quote name='Master Shake']They would most likely check what the price is now at any site to verify.[/QUOTE]
That's true, i don't wanna do anything illegal, so i guess i'll have to pay full price $50, even though CAG's aren't supposed to pay full price for games.I guess I'll just use the 10% gamestop coupon. UNLESS, somehow, someone tells me this actually works.

Im going to try to send an email to Target and say that I have proof of it, and use my amazon account to buy.
Here are my choices. I already sent an email to target. I can wait for the response or just go to a retailer and price match, but I think i should do the first, because it's less illegal and i DO have actual proof that they put it at $29.99

Just try at Wal Mart. If it's a no go then just take it at full price. I think that's what I'm going to do too.

I'm trading in Tiger Woods 07 for the Wii using the $10 bonus coupon at EB. Nets me $18 trade in + GRAW 2 trade in of $20 + 10% boost towards any PO, = $42. Not bad.

[quote name='naes']Just try at Wal Mart. If it's a no go then just take it at full price. I think that's what I'm going to do too.[/QUOTE]
Right, but the problem is the closest Wal mart is in another state, NJ. I'll just wait for that response from Target. Otherwise, Screw you, target, im going to gamestop.

[quote name='blackbird3216']Right, but the problem is the closest Wal mart is in another state, NJ. I'll just wait for that response from Target. Otherwise, Screw you, target, im going to gamestop.[/QUOTE]

....Anyone else see the problem with this statement?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']....Anyone else see the problem with this statement?[/QUOTE]

is it the word "gamestop" by any chance?

I think it is!!!!! :)

[quote name='A Happy Panda']....Anyone else see the problem with this statement?[/quote] You can tell me. What's the problem?
EDIT: I just joined a few days ago. Does the CAG community hate Gamestop/EB games and CC or something?

Well, I can at least tell you that Target won't honor that price in-store. You probably know that already though. :)

We CAGs hate everything.

Go to CC if you plan on screwing them over :lol:
[quote name='blackbird3216']yeah, and i just heard alot of bad stuff about gamestop/eb games. Looks like im going to bestbuy instead. (no one hates them, right?)[/quote]

[quote name='blackbird3216']Could this possibly work? I just edited a picture from the famous "corruption for 29.99 thread" and got this. I was thinking I could just go off to a local retailer like J&R in city hall NYC, or CC/BB to pricematch. Does it work?

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8427/2999cropke1.jpg

EDIT: J&R accepts prices from other stores, check their website. This would save me $20
[/quote]

If a chance to purchase a game for $30 is worth a trip to jail, go ahead. I remember that college guy used the barcode program to lower the price of an iPod. He was caught, begged for mercy, and I don't know what became of him.

[quote name='blackbird3216']yeah, and i just heard alot of bad stuff about gamestop/eb games. Looks like im going to bestbuy instead. (no one hates them, right?)[/QUOTE]

Well like a few posts above this, we're trying to boycott CC because they're throwing a lawsuit at our good pal Speedy for posting their ads early.

We also hate GS/EB because of their dumbass employees.

BB seems to be ok for the most part, depending on your store really.

GC seems to be the most loved. As are Costco and Fry's if their in your area.

Walmart and TRU seem to be neutral, neither loved or hated.

[quote name='kmartbum001']If a chance to purchase a game for $30 is worth a trip to jail, go ahead. I remember that college guy used the barcode program to lower the price of an iPod. He was caught, begged for mercy, and I don't know what became of him.[/quote] No, its not worth a trip to jail. So unless target gives me the 29.99 price in the email, i'll have to pay $45

I got orginal copy that i printed out last week .. i'll get CC, BB or Sears pricematch ith for $30. Ofcourse i'll not use this edited version cos is illegal. :)

[quote name='kmartbum001']If a chance to purchase a game for $30 is worth a trip to jail, go ahead. I remember that college guy used the barcode program to lower the price of an iPod. He was caught, begged for mercy, and I don't know what became of him.[/quote]

What exactly are you refering to?

Some guy made his own barcode and stuck it on an iPod box or something? How the hell do you know what the barcode is going to read as at the store?

Not that I would advocate this, but the method I would use if I was an evil thief type would be to take off a real barcode from a real, cheaper product already purchased (either cut out or scanned/printed...better since you can print it onto stickers) then stick it on the item I want to buy.

Of course, the UPC should match up sizewise at least, and it would be better to have the items be remotely similar so the item reads as something that would fool the cashier. NOT that I am advocating this, I'm just wondering what this college guy did. Any details?

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I don't see what's so illegal about his editing. All he did was edit out someone's silly scribblings, not the content of the webpage.[/quote]

How does one know that? Its not that hard to edit a view source entried >.>

[quote name='Riyonuk']How does one know that? Its not that hard to edit a view source entried >.>[/QUOTE]Because I (along with a lot of other people) saw the page myself when the price error was up?

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Because I (along with a lot of other people) saw the page myself when the price error was up?[/quote]

Well, I meant in regards to the employees that see the picture.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I got orginal copy that i printed out last week .. i'll get CC, BB or Sears pricematch ith for $30. Ofcourse i'll not use this edited version cos is illegal. :)[/QUOTE]
It's not really illegal. I just got rid of all the "scriblings". So technically, i just made the true version of the screenshot.
Now im waiting for Target to respond. I expect them to give me the price because i have proof that they actually allowed this price, so whether mistake or not, they should do it(or maybe it would be called false advertising,right?).

bread's done
Back