Metroid Prime Gamecube Bundle $49.97 Radio Shack BM

Han Solo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
I did a search and could not find it. If this is a repost, Scorch and lock.

I went to Radio Shack today in Perrysburg, OH and picked up a Metroid Prime Gamecube bundle for $49.97. It includes extra stuff like mini game cases, 2 controller extension cords, link cable and an extra 3rd party (Pelican) controller. It also comes with Midway Arcade Treasures and Metroid Prime 2 Demo.

Man, luckiy you, OP. I hope this is a YMMV deal, I just brought a used GC from GS for $60! Even if I did get to use the B2G1F deal with the console, this deal is much better!

[quote name='phreak5k']Sounds very YMMV. Especially since it comes with random 3rd party accessories.[/QUOTE]
The accessories aren't YMMV; the package was offered nationwide around Christmas a few years ago, if memory serves.

I'd bet that this is YMMV, if only because the odds of FINDING it at this point are incredibly slim. That said, congratulations on an amazing find. I was thrilled to find it for $100 last summer (though my GameCube had just died at the time and any deal on it looked good to me), so I'm definitely a bit jealous. :)

I don't know if it is YMMV. It came with a regular Gamecube Metroid Prime bundle box. This box was inside a larger Radio Shack box that was labeled Platinum Gaming Bundle. The extra accessories and Midway Arcade Treasures game were inside the Radio Shack box. All of the items were pictured on the Radio Shack box.

Damn, I've seen that locally at a couple of the Radio Shacks near me. The ones that didn't close anyway. I should check this out, though I still have an unopened GC from the Sam Goody closings that I bought for $60-70.

With prices like this and the amount of awesome games available, if you don't own a Gamecube by now you just don't like video games (unless you have a Wii).

That packaging is so damn ghetto and typical of Radio Shack. Reminds of the packaging for those "20 in 1" NES on a chip clones. Good deal though, OP.

[quote name='lurknomore']I have never seen any video game systems at Radio Shack. Well, systems that are above the plug and play type stuff.[/QUOTE]

awesome BM YMMV sadly like this guy the RS near me never have ANYthing worthwhile gaming related, RF adaptors and 3rd party junk controllers is all they ever have

I have never seen a Console for sale at either of my Radioshack stores. Superb deal for the OP. Maybe should move to bragging rights as there might be 5 of these bundles in the entire country.

They also have a new PlayStation 2 bundle for I believe $130?

I got one of these because I work there but I actually had to get it for another part of the country. Pretty scarce.

[quote name='davo1224']They also have a new PlayStation 2 bundle for I believe $130?

I got one of these because I work there but I actually had to get it for another part of the country. Pretty scarce.[/quote]

What is in that bundle?

Same thing. Slim PS2, two games (I think Crash Racing and some other filler title), and two controllers. The GC bundle is a much better deal.

Wow! My local Radio Shack had three of these in stock! Grab 'em all!

No, just kidding... but great find OP. It'd be nice to score that second GameCube I've been wanting... ;)

Here's a hint. At the end of the month, managers scramble to get rid of clearance stuff like this. Ask at your local RadioShack if they have any in the district. If they don't they still might be able to get it from another region. If it's not a lazy employee, they'll do it for you. That way you get a Gamecube bundle and the store manager is giddy that he unloaded some clearance stuff.

Good find, I remember hearing about a GCN bundle from Radioshack awhile back and I'm kind of shocked to hear that there are still some floating around!

Are there any old Xbox system bundles? The closest Radioshack to me has nothing videogame related except third party PS2 controllers and other accessories.

[quote name='valor19']That packaging is so damn ghetto and typical of Radio Shack. Reminds of the packaging for those "20 in 1" NES on a chip clones. Good deal though, OP.[/quote]

The actual Gamecube in the package has a sweet looking holographic Metroid Prime slip cover. I picked up one of these back when I worked for the Shack.

Or you could wield the two 'cubes by their handles, attack a recent Wii-buyer and run off with their Wii and your now bloody Gamecubes.

I totally forgot to call around to Radio Shacks today and see if they have these bundles. My GC is near-launch agewise, Nintendo's reliable but I don't know if it'll last forever.

[quote name='Halo05']Or you could wield the two 'cubes by their handles, attack a recent Wii-buyer and run off with their Wii and your now bloody Gamecubes.[/quote]

A good plan in theory, but what if the Wii owner has nunchuks?

I think I saw a beat up one at one of the radio shacks near me a few months ago. Maybe I'll check if it's still there but is it that great of a deal? Great if you want a cheap system but I'm sure everyone here owns a console of some kind already. What's there to play on the gamecube?

I've got a PS2 with 100 games.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']A good plan in theory, but what if the Wii owner has nunchuks?[/quote]
Well, if he wants to go all Bruce Lee on you, then you should go Chuck Norris on him and Roundhouse Kick Him In the Face!

Nobody beats Chuck Norris!

...Oh wait, Bruce Lee killed Chuck Norris in Enter the Dragon, didn't he?

Could you please post a scan of your reciept or give us the 7-digit SKU or Catalog number from your receipt?

My Radioshack needs that to do a search.

Thanks

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']Well, if he wants to go all Bruce Lee on you, then you should go Chuck Norris on him and Roundhouse Kick Him In the Face!

Nobody beats Chuck Norris!

...Oh wait, Bruce Lee killed Chuck Norris in Enter the Dragon, didn't he?[/quote]

And you wonder why Bruce Lee is dead for real today.:lol:

[quote name='hansolox1']The line item number on the receipt for the Gamecube bundle is listed as 26-852.[/quote]

well, it took almost 3 weeks for a store to store (state to state) transfer...but my bundle arrived today!
Thanks!
As of 2 weeks ago, there were a few in some areas of the continental US, with Hawaii having the most that are "untransferable", so CAGs in Hawaii may still find these...I think there were 4 in Hawaii...

Has anyone had success using that sku number? I tried using both 26-852 and 260-0852 and they came up as invalid in the system. Any suggestions?

bread's done
Back