Metroid Prime Trilogy $29.99 Fred Meyer

skateraXVIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
71 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Wish there was a Fred Meyers within 1000 miles of me to price match with.

I have $20 worth of Reward Zone coupons just sitting in my account. I could have easily reproduced the above.

Just going to add to the thread... I got BB in Bellevue, WA to PM to a really bad looking print out of the Fred Meyer ad. I also had it pulled up on my iPhone since it'd be clearer there (I've had other BBs PM to just pulling up ads via my phone before, too). They asked me if it was that price because of a rebate (no) or if the one they were selling was not the Collector's Edition (no, there's no other version anyways). A few surprised looks, but no one objected (might be because I'm also a Premier Silver member). I also threw in for the $10 Reward Zone GC at the end and got that, too.

Now to find a good Beatles Rock Band deal and get BB to match that...

[quote name='MasterSun1']Walked into the Best Buy in Tualatin, OR and got it price matched for $29.99 AND got them to give me the $10 Gift Card you get for using the Gamer's Club Reward Zone coupon.

After using a $10 Reward Zone certificate, my total was actually only $19.99, which actually came off my $125 gift card I got from my boss recently. But with the additional gift card I got, the overall cost of the game to me was $10 off my gift card!

$10 removed from my gift card total (or free depending on how you look at it) for a brand new $50 game is awesome!
[/QUOTE]
Ditto.

I went to BB Eugene to price match with no problem. I got the $10 GC from the RZ coupon too. I had a $15 RZ certificate so my total was $14.99 :D

This beats paying amazon or gamestop prices even they had preorder bonuses (well, if they actually had the poster in and reserved for you, that is). The poster fetches some ridiculous prices on ebay though. Some even fetched more than the price of the game. Unbelievable.

Sent a friend to stop by Fred Meyer in Lynnewood, Washington and He just called with the latest news. Fred Meyer is printing a retraction or correction to the ad, the manager of the store claimed that it was a mistake and they have been notified not to honor the price. After some haggling and repeated references to the ad he had in his hand - the electronics manager called the store manager who agreed to sell him 2 copies at $29.99.

Sounds like most folks are taking the ad to a BB to get a price match + RZ, but don't be surprised if you go tomorrow and they no longer honor the price!

Man. I would love to get this game for $30, or better yet $20. I am on the fence about this one and know it won't be these prices for very long. I'd give it a try at Best Buy, but I have a pretty good relationship with the manager there and don't want him to think I'm pulling one on him since there isn't a store near by.

Congrats to everyone that got this deal, pretty sweet!!!

My brother went to Best Buy in Bellingham, WA (with FM ad) and they price matched with no problem. Nice to see few posters' from WA and I'm from Bellevue. :D

[quote name='MasterSun1']Walked into the Best Buy in Tualatin, OR and got it price matched for $29.99 AND got them to give me the $10 Gift Card you get for using the Gamer's Club Reward Zone coupon.

After using a $10 Reward Zone certificate, my total was actually only $19.99, which actually came off my $125 gift card I got from my boss recently. But with the additional gift card I got, the overall cost of the game to me was $10 off my gift card!

$10 removed from my gift card total (or free depending on how you look at it) for a brand new $50 game is awesome![/QUOTE]

Dammit, I was at THAT store last night and had no idea of the Fred Meyer deal or the RZ GC :wall:.

Oh well, maybe I can get in on it tomorrow though I'm pretty sure I'll get denied where you had success. That seems to be a pattern around here (like with the HWV sale)...

[quote name='io']Dammit, I was at THAT store last night and had no idea of the Fred Meyer deal or the RZ GC :wall:.

Oh well, maybe I can get in on it tomorrow though I'm pretty sure I'll get denied where you had success. That seems to be a pattern around here (like with the HWV sale)...[/QUOTE]

I don't see why you would be denied, unless somebody told management specifically that the Fred Meyer price was a mistake.

I had this lady (dark blonde, glasses), prob in her late 40s at customer service who did everything for me no problem. She was very nice and courteous about it. I complimented her on her service as she was able to scan everything and get everything to ring up correctly no problem, with her only needing a manager approval for the PM. Great service!

[quote name='GoldenfrankO']I tried at best buy today, they said it had to be the actual store ad, not a printout, and it has to be instate. Dang it![/QUOTE]

Most stores won't price match another store that isn't considered a local retailer, meaning if you live in Florida and try to get your local store to price match a store that is located only on the west coast, it's rarely ever going to happen.

Anyone else out their willing to snag me a copy. their are no Fred Meyers here in buffalo. I also have some games from the target clearance thread i could trade plus cash

Apparently Fed Ex screwed up shipping games to Alaska this week, so not only can I not get this at Fred Meyer, I can't price match it at Wal-Mart or Sears.

Sometimes, Alaska really pisses me off.

Does anyone know what the price match policy is at Target? I'm most curious about them matching out of state competitors since I'm in Florida (I figure it won't work, but thought I could check) I can't seem to find it online and to be honest, never realized Target price matches.... Also, can they price match in electronics or would I have to go to customer service?

I have a feeling I would have more luck at Target, though getting the extra $10 from Best Buy would be nice too, but I don't think I want to try there. I wasn't sure how Target's policy worked and thought I should check.

I'd love to get the game, but hate to pay the full $50 and this deal is hard to pass up.

Thanks!

After being denied at FM I went to Best Buy and price matched.
They had no issues. They would not allow the $10.00 gift card offer though.
Started playing last night and the controls are vastly superior to the gamecube.

just wanted to add that fred meyer is a Kroger company, use that in your argument, dont believe me? thekrogerco(dot)com (new so cant post links) im gonna try this tomorrow in florence, ky area. let me know if you have any luck. esp in my area​

Much to my surprise, Best Buy PM'd the Fred Meyer ad no problem. I even got the $10 RZ card on the first copy that I bought. It was fully my intention to go to 2 Best Buys today as I was looking for penny guides and my son wanted to play Beatles Rock Band (for which they have demos there). I had a CAG ask me to get a copy at the FM price and I figured I might as well PM at the second store too. Like a fucking idiot, though, I didn't print a second RZ coupon :bomb:. Oh well, if he pays the full $30 then it works out I guess - just could have saved us both a bit more.

Im about to try my local FL target to PM the ad.

Edit:

They didn't bite. Target only accepts local ads, none that are printed off the internet sadly =(

Went to Fred Meyer to pick this up and they had a sign saying it was an error and it's supposed to be $49.99. Took the ad to Best Buy though and they honored it.

Good catch there SapphireDragon, my distaste for Target grows.
cagus.smile.jpg

I was a little late seeing this, but I'm glad I did. Just tried this out at the Cascade Station BB in Portland and it worked. Thanks to the original poster!

scored it today for 19.99!!! for some reason my rz account wasn't working so instead of getting a g/c she took an extra 10 bucks off the f/m price match. absolutely no hassle. Maybe flirting helped? idk i'd have done it anyway, she was quite sexy :) it felt almost deliciously evil to get a brand new 50 dollar game for 20. so i also bought another wii motion plus dongle and pikmin to satisfy the inner morality of it. regardless, i have a new-found love for best buy (and sabrina the sexy cashier) and WILL be doin business there again. thanks to CAG and the original poster for adding yet another game to my extensive backlog, bass-turds lol.

p.s. This was in Florence, Ky. my pdf and coupon was printed on the back of wrinkled scrap paper complete with binder holes and they accepted both without hesitation.

Sorry to burst everyones bubble, but I work at a Fred Meyers, the ad that marks Metroid Prime Trilogy as $29.99 is a misprint by the people that make our ads, we have corrected this mistake by posting a note on our display cases, so you will have to pay $50 for this title.

Sorry to have to bring it up, and I can't control what our bosses tell us and can't control a misprint, but I am sorry to say if you plan to go to Fred Meyers trying to buy this game for $29.99 your in for a bitter disappointment.

And for your info, Fred Meyer is a company that runs in the states of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska, and have been bought out recently by the Kroger company, which also owns Ralph's if you ever heard of it.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']They don't have to give you the advertised price in Washington state if their is signs by the product saying it was a price mistake.[/QUOTE]He's right, in Washington you can post its a mistake right on the games display case and you don't have to honor the ads.

Secondly talking to a manager is going to do diddly squat as it's corporate that tells us not to honor it by any means, if you have a problem with it, talk to them, and please don't flame me because we don't honor it, I am just a employee and got to go by the rules set in front of me, I am not saying we shouldn't it, its just the fact that we're not suppose to.

[quote name='MasterSun1']I don't see why you would be denied, unless somebody told management specifically that the Fred Meyer price was a mistake.

I had this lady (dark blonde, glasses), prob in her late 40s at customer service who did everything for me no problem. She was very nice and courteous about it. I complimented her on her service as she was able to scan everything and get everything to ring up correctly no problem, with her only needing a manager approval for the PM. Great service![/QUote]
It's actually included in a corporate email, which is then sent to our store director, the store director then does everything in her power to try to correct it by posting the signs to be put on the display cases to alerting employees not to honor it, and as a employee we have to alert people that it is a mistake and not sell it for that price, if we do we can repremended now and possibly lose our jobs.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']They don't have to give you the advertised price in Washington state if their is signs by the product saying it was a price mistake.[/QUOTE]He's right, in Washington you can post its a mistake right on the games display case and you don't have to honor the ads.

Secondly talking to a manager is going to do diddly squat as it's corporate that tells us not to honor it by any means, if you have a problem with it, talk to them, and please don't flame me because we don't honor it, I am just a employee and got to go by the rules set in front of me, I am not saying we shouldn't it, its just the fact that we're not suppose to.

The thing is its a remake of three games already released and most of you already own. wtf do you people want to buy these games over again for ? I don't understand it. I hate Nintendo for pulling this stuff more than any other company. NO THANKS.

[quote name='tightclaws']The thing is its a remake of three games already released and most of you already own. wtf do you people want to buy these games over again for ? I don't understand it. I hate Nintendo for pulling this stuff more than any other company. NO THANKS.[/QUOTE]

Most? How do you know what games we own? Lots of people own Wiis that didn't own a Gamecube. Point refuted.

[quote name='Lord Zolkar']
It's actually included in a corporate email, which is then sent to our store director, the store director then does everything in her power to try to correct it by posting the signs to be put on the display cases to alerting employees not to honor it, and as a employee we have to alert people that it is a mistake and not sell it for that price, if we do we can repremended now and possibly lose our jobs.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't talking about Fred Meyer. I was talking about Best Buy, who would have to honor the price match unless they knew it was a price mistake by Fred Meyer, which they wouldn't unless Fred Meyer management told them.

[quote name='tightclaws']The thing is its a remake of three games already released and most of you already own. wtf do you people want to buy these games over again for ? I don't understand it. I hate Nintendo for pulling this stuff more than any other company. NO THANKS.[/QUOTE]

Wii is about a million times more popular than a gamecube. Thus, people might have never played these before.

Secondly, the games are STILL a shining example of fps/adventure and a damn beacon of quality, now redone with better controls, some fixes/tweaks, and widescreen 16:9(I'm assuming progressive scan too? Were they already? I don't know). You also get the same achievement unlock system for all games that you do in metroid prime 3.

Third, even at 50$ this is probably the most gaming for your money(outside of multi-player) you'll get all year long, period.

bread's done
Back