Metroid Prime Trilogy in stock @ GS

ROB64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Just looked online, and over 50 gamestops near me have it in stock (used, of course.)
I wouldn't believe it myself if I didn't see it on the shelf today.
It seems Gamestop has found a stash of Metroid Prime Trilogy copies that they're trying to sell; the copy I saw today was complete in mint condition, not a single scratch or dent on the case.

Check if your local store has it: (and report back, I'm interested to see if this is just local)
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/storesearch.aspx?sku=917599
It's definitely worth $70 in my opinion, so if you don't have a copy, snag one up!

It was $50 at retail. It was a limited time only deal. Really desired by Wii owners, too.

I have 2, 1 still sealed.

[quote name='KingBroly']It was $50 at retail. It was a limited time only deal. Really desired by Wii owners, too.

I have 2, 1 still sealed.[/QUOTE]

I assumed it was $49.99 at launch; I know that it is rare.. but shame on gamestop if they are market gouging and selling it at $70 used...

I've never heard of a legit retail store raising prices above and beyond retail due to demand/rarity

but again I am at work and can't get on gamestops site so I don't know if they are really charging $70 or if I took the OP's post out of context

That is a bit too much to pay for that. Like one of the earlier posts says, you can get this cheaper and even new, not some used copy from LAMEstop. They think they can charge $70 because it is "rare".

If you wanna pay JUST the MSRP price, try checking your local Transworld Entertainment stores(FYE, Coconuts, etc). The one hoarder I bumped into at a further off Sears a couple of weeks ago showed me the 2-3 copies of MPT he bought at MSRP at the nearby FYE.

Give it a couple months

mpt.jpg

[quote name='Bezerker']Give it a couple months

mpt.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It'll have new artwork and it'll drop the steelbook but yeah it's only a matter of time till it hits player's choice.

[quote name='DreamSymphony']If there are so many copies at gamestops there may have been a reprint....[/QUOTE]

Everytime there's a reprint of a game that shows up at Gamestops, it's usually followed by a price drop. It seems like they increase the price for this game.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']It'll have new artwork and it'll drop the steelbook but yeah it's only a matter of time till it hits player's choice.[/QUOTE]

It seems really odd to bring back a game that's been OoS for 2 years now as a Nintendo Select title. Then again, they did reprint SM All-Stars and kept it exactly the same (I guess Nintendo never looked up what Limited Edition meant).

What a bunch of assholes. They really are the worst.

So, they come up with a boxes full of the game and rather than making a nice profit selling them at retail (new) and being cool to their clients, they open them up and call them used and jack up the price $20.

A new low for a really crappy chain.

It would be nice if this a foreshadowing of a new printing.

bread's done
Back